Forge Test Playlist

After You’ve Tried all the maps give a 1-10 rating and if you like them and which ones you would be ok with playing i personally love the idea of some new maps :slight_smile:

First game of the day, IS on Simplex, 41-9

Can’t really say it was the first time playing the map tough XD

I’m downloading SO now, but it looks like the new maps are great!

I love shutdown its exactly like lockout/blackout which i love

Scythe 8/10

Shutdown 8/10

Garrotte 3/10
I think it’s way too small of a map.

Relay 6/10

Simplex 4/10
The people I vs’d ended up just controlling our spawns and wouldn’t let us get passed our spawn area.

These are the only maps I remember playing. I did play all of them but I can’t remember the others.

Simplex is probably the best out of the selection, it’s easier to kill people on it than the others IMO.

I played on Scythe and Shutdown.

I LOVED Shutdown, and Scythe was really fun too.

Garrotte - 8/10(this is a must for doubles)

Simplex - 10/10

Relay - 3/10

Scythe - 6/10

Shutdown - 7/10

Garotte - 2/10. This map was really bad for 4v4. Every time I spawned, I was in someone’s sights. I could barely take three steps without my shields popping. The map is way too small. It would probably be a great Doubles map.

Shutout - 9/10. My most-played map of the night, and rightly so. It plays just as I remember it playing in Halo 2, but with that Halo 4 flavoring that I’m growing to like. It makes me not mind Ordnance or Armor Abilities so much. It reminds me that, when you really get down to it, Halo 4 is just missing great maps like this, and little else.

Despair - 10/10. I played it once, and I’m only giving it a perfect because of the result of the game. We tied. The clock ticked out, but try and guess the score. 590-590. Each team tied with one kill to win. It was a crazy-intense game all throughout with a nice flow to it. I have a few problems with the map, but it was overall quite fun anyways.

Scythe - N/A. Didn’t have the pleasure of playing this one tonight. Perhaps tomorrow night.

Simplex - 2/10. I had a few games on this map, and none of them were stellar. Each Capture the Flag game results in one team getting the lead, and then spawn trapping the other team to pad their statistics, in my experience. Haven’t had a single decent Capture the Flag game that hasn’t been like that yet. Map might just be horrible for Capture the Flag, or even too small for 4v4. I don’t know. But when this has been my typical experience, you know something should probably change.

Relay - 4/10. I love the atmosphere of this map - it seems really cool. With that said, it’s pretty poor. There are no areas to hold down, and the flow feels schizophrenic. It’s kind of hard to get a sense of what’s going on. There is no cover in the middle - you’re dead if you wander too far out beyond the hallway ring. It’s like an iteration of Halo: Reach’s Zealot with no cover or anything in the middle. It’s decent when it works, but horribly frustrating when it doesn’t.

Overall, a decent set of maps. I don’t want to see Garotte or Simplex being added to Matchmaking, though. At least not 4v4 Infinity Slayer or Capture the Flag. Both maps are too small for that. If they tweak Relay and add more cover to the middle, I might want to see it in Matchmaking. I’m pretty sure Despair will be a welcomed addition to a few playlists. And I know I would love to see Shutout added to War Games Matchmaking.

^ You do realize simplex has been played in Gamebattles for nearly a month now? Do you think they would allow a map with such flaws as you said to be played for such an extensive period without removing it? You are so misinformed it is insane. I have played hundreds of games on simplex flag and it is one of the BEST game types in halo right now. You, just seem to lack skill in all honesty. Check how many customs I’ve played and try to tell me you are more knowledgeable of Simplex then I am. You make me sick with your posts.

> ^ You do realize simplex has been played in Gamebattles for nearly a month now? Do you think they would allow a map with such flaws as you said to be played for such an extensive period without removing it? You are so misinformed it is insane. I have played hundreds of games on simplex flag and it is one of the BEST game types in halo right now. You, just seem to lack skill in all honesty. Check how many customs I’ve played and try to tell me you are more knowledgeable of Simplex then I am. You make me sick with your posts.

I never pointed out a single objective “flaw” in Simplex - simply noted that my experiences in it have been less-than-stellar. I don’t care much for Gamebattles - I don’t play Halo like that. All I’m saying is that Simplex is not one of my preferred maps. I don’t know why my preferences are making you sick, but I would advise you to stop humoring me since that’s the case.

all maps are great! only prob i have is FPS drops :frowning: can someone help me with thaT?

I would say my opinion of the maps are

Shutdown - 9/10

(Its just like old fashion lockout/blackout but it is a forged map)

Relay - 8/10

(I Enjoyed this map alot actually better for team doubles though)

Simplex - 8/10

(Great Map not many issues i just dont care for the layout)

Despair - 6/10
(Only played it once just a overall opinion didnt like where the spawns were)

Scythe - 6/10

(just didnt care for it)

Garrotte - 3/10

(The map has potential but its just too small and the spawns are cracked out i always spawned in someone sights)

so far the only maps i wanna see in matchmaking are shutdown for 4v4 relay and simplex could be used in team doubles and regicide/FFA But i only played each map once or twice so my opinion might change all play more of the playlist now that i beat ep 6 of spartan ops :slight_smile:

So far I’m really enjoying the forge maps. These are the kind of maps halo is in desperate need of. Simple, fun and for the most part, balanced. Does anyone know if they’re integrated into regular infinity slayer? Also will they be sticking around? I hope so.

> So far I’m really enjoying the forge maps. These are the kind of maps halo is in desperate need of. Simple, fun and for the most part, balanced. Does anyone know if they’re integrated into regular infinity slayer? Also will they be sticking around? I hope so.

For this week they will keep the playlist and see what community says depending which ones are liked best will more then likely make it in matchmaking next week the 28th they will switch this out with grifball

Most of the maps are good but to bad the core gameplay screws the maps up with AA and all that crap. I understand now why i avoid 4v4 infinity slayer playlists in this game.

My Final Opinions on the maps:

Scythe 2/10
(I Didnt care for this map it seemed too small and sometimes i would walk through door ways and somehow commit suicide also i dont care for how its connected it seems easy for campers also someone could easily camp by the teliporters with a shot gun or boltshot thats what happended too me alot also if you use the jetpack armor ability too far you’ll either commite suicide or just get stcuk there gliched in the wall so i wouldnt wanna see this map in any matchmaking at all atlleast entill its fixed)

Despare 6/10

(Now this wasent a bad map i thaught it was a pretty fun map actually but only for king of the hill for just slayer it sucks but its very amusing for king of the hill the hills are all places good and if they ever put king of the hill playlist back which i hope they do this would be a great map for it my only real issue with it is that when u jetpack up too far you will sometimes freeze and be stuck where you are fun map though)

Simplex 7/10

(this map is great for capture the flag and slayer its a well rounded map i like how you can see across the map from the start and different areas of the game also the oversheild in the middle of the map is a great add but my biggest issue is still just like the others you’ll freeze if you go too far with jetpack also in almost all my CTF games i would be standing right over our capture point with the enemys flag and it wouldnt capture but fun map i would be ok with seeing this on matchmaking and also it reminds me of a halo 3 map cant think of what its called though )

Shutout 9/10

(This map reminds me of good times playing Lockout/Blackout its practicly the same but it is a forge map i think the spawns work fine alittle change might help but i would be fine with seeing this map on matchmaking in infinity slayer and you already know my issue about the freezing and jetpack so great fun map and good memories with it)

Garrotte 4/10

(Now this map isnt a great map it kinda sucks actually my issue with it is that the spawns something everyone is complaining about becouse you’ll kill someone and they will spawn back in your sights or visa versa it also is really small now the only reason it got a 4 is becouse it has a layout kindas like the pit and has the ability too be a great map just needs work done so no i do not want this map on xbox live matchmaking)

Relay 7/10

(This map i actually have played many times before this playlist was created its one of my favorite forge maps and first map i tryed on halo 4 now i think the map is great for slayer only and i think the only map that jetpacking up wont make you freeze well this and Garrotte i actually dont have any issues with this map really its fun but is a tad small but i can live)

Now those are my main opinions on the maps theres only 3 i wanna see in infinity slayer: Shutout, Simplex, Relay and 1 i wanna see in CTF: Simplex and 1 in KOTH: Despare now i could dead with relay on swat the other 2 need too be fixed first i wrote this in the order i got too play them on forge playlist i played every map over 5 times and these are just opinions and none are really amazing maps becouse they are forge maps but that doesnt mean there not good just means they wont be as great as a map like haven