Forge Test Playlist.......Its ok

The maps are nice, finally added primary weapons as pick up but you still get your loadouts which i disagree with, also noticing more grenade spamming.

Maps +
Loadouts still in - (id rather have preset loadouts, like reach)
Grenades - been spammed with grenades alot lately

idont see the problem with loadouts i like the ability to start with my weapon of choice…and granades well its part of the game…sorry if my inglish spelling sucks

> idont see the problem with loadouts i like the ability to start with my weapon of choice…and granades well its part of the game…sorry if my inglish spelling sucks

With the current selection, we can have Boltshots, Magnums, or Plasma Pistols off the bat. We can have plasma grenades everywhere. DMRs and BRs together in the same game disrupt map flow. After playing the forge playlist today, I noticed what some others were meaning about the DMR on Shutout promoting a standstill between the two main buildings.

We need gamemodes with preset loadouts:

• BR only with DMRs on map
  • DMR only

Both should have a selective array of AAs (I’d say Jetpack not always an option), place BS, PP, and all nades on map with Frag starts.

A regular Slayer variant should be added too. Personal Ordinance brings too many power weapons out at once.

Well obviously 343 is not going to strip the playlist down to MLG/Competetive settings, that have preset loadouts, right away. It’s a test playlist that 343 has created to see which maps best fit the gameplay of their settings.

> Well obviously 343 is not going to strip the playlist down to MLG/Competetive settings, that have preset loadouts, right away. It’s a test playlist that 343 has created to see which maps best fit the gameplay of their settings.

You can still implement H4’s new core gameplay into it like I described. Too be honest, MLG still did that, minus custom loadouts. They had map ordinance for weapons/power ups to be contested as well as personal ordinance dropping AAs. DMR, Boltshot, nades of all kinds. 343 doesn’t need to remove things, just readjust what goes where, and you can have variety, balance, and a competitive playing field.

I want Halo 3 style loudout and map layouts meaning predictable weapon spawns and over-shield as well as no armor abilities

Get rid of Armor Abilities and loadouts.

> Get rid of Armor Abilities and loadouts.

They seem to play fine with them, so why bother

no thanks.

If you get rid of AAs and loadouts, then its just halo 3. Its time to change, halo 3 died. No one wants another halo 3 with better graphics. The loadouts and AAs just change the combat. Instead of knowing the person has the same weapons as you, you have to take in account if your loadout is better suited for the situation. Instead out waiting to throw a grenade then br the guy, now youre able to use AA to set up an advantage. This game is no longer about camping power weapons, now its about using the best loadout for the job. Granted, dmr and boltshot need balancing and likely invis as well. Truth is now you have to decide if the loadout is good for the map. Most the weapons are meant to have same killing power but in theyre own ways. Lightrifle schools at range, carbine is fast attack. Just like invis is for the slow moving players, holo is for distrating, pro vision is anticamping. Learn to pick your loadout and youll do fine once the weapon tweaks are made. Halo 3 was all about camping and stale gameplay, halo 4 provides edges to those players who know how to use them, creating faster game play.

I tried it and had fun. SWAT on most of those maps is a blast.

Only problem i have is that, just like Reach, when you’re voting you get a picture of the forge world and not a screenshot of the map displayed, so you don’t actually know what you are voting for, and as these maps get rotated you won’t really learn which is which. Really silly in Reach, really, really silly it was overlooked again for 4.

> I tried it and had fun. SWAT on most of those maps is a blast.
>
> Only problem i have is that, just like Reach, when you’re voting you get a picture of the forge world and not a screenshot of the map displayed, so you don’t actually know what you are voting for, and as these maps get rotated you won’t really learn which is which. Really silly in Reach, really, really silly it was overlooked again for 4.

Hmm, what if one of a map’s loadout camera’s doubled as a map image for the lobby? :slight_smile:

You know what they say; you can polish a turd, but it’s still a turd at the end of the day.

It’s a noob fest, I’m getting 35+ kills and 6- deaths per game.

I’m getting bad frame rate problems with these maps. Feels like Halo 3 ONLY in the aspect. Nice to see Lockout, however it was the American version, way too big.

I love the Forge playlist, I honestly do. Lockout isn’t meant for Infinity Slayer though. AA’s break that map like hell.

> If you get rid of AAs and loadouts, then its just halo 3. Its time to change, halo 3 died. No one wants another halo 3 with better graphics. The loadouts and AAs just change the combat. Instead of knowing the person has the same weapons as you, you have to take in account if your loadout is better suited for the situation. Instead out waiting to throw a grenade then br the guy, now youre able to use AA to set up an advantage. This game is no longer about camping power weapons, now its about using the best loadout for the job. Granted, dmr and boltshot need balancing and likely invis as well. Truth is now you have to decide if the loadout is good for the map. Most the weapons are meant to have same killing power but in theyre own ways. Lightrifle schools at range, carbine is fast attack. Just like invis is for the slow moving players, holo is for distrating, pro vision is anticamping. Learn to pick your loadout and youll do fine once the weapon tweaks are made. <mark>Halo 3 was all about camping and stale gameplay</mark>, halo 4 provides edges to those players who know how to use them, creating faster game play.

Halo 3 was all about camping and stale gameplay? I got nothing to say to you…there was nothing of any of these in Halo 3. What’d you do, play Social or something? AA’s break Lockout for one, because it was never meant to be played with them. You know nothing of competitive play if you think AA’s and loadouts will work with some of these maps. Halo 3 isn’t dead. You know how many people have gone back to both Halo 3 and Reach because of Halo 4? Halo 3 was the last Halo that was competitive. Competitive settings will work for these maps, not Infinity Slayer settings. I don’t want Casual setting for maps that I can actually come on Halo 4 to play. The competitive community deserves this playlist with settings that best suit it. Casuals have Infinity Slayer.

> I’m getting bad frame rate problems with these maps. Feels like Halo 3 ONLY in the aspect. Nice to see Lockout, however it was the American version, way too big.

I dont understand that statement

> > If you get rid of AAs and loadouts, then its just halo 3. Its time to change, halo 3 died. No one wants another halo 3 with better graphics. The loadouts and AAs just change the combat. Instead of knowing the person has the same weapons as you, you have to take in account if your loadout is better suited for the situation. Instead out waiting to throw a grenade then br the guy, now youre able to use AA to set up an advantage. This game is no longer about camping power weapons, now its about using the best loadout for the job. Granted, dmr and boltshot need balancing and likely invis as well. Truth is now you have to decide if the loadout is good for the map. Most the weapons are meant to have same killing power but in theyre own ways. Lightrifle schools at range, carbine is fast attack. Just like invis is for the slow moving players, holo is for distrating, <mark>pro vision is anticamping.</mark> Learn to pick your loadout and youll do fine once the weapon tweaks are made. <mark>Halo 3 was all about camping and stale gameplay</mark>, halo 4 provides edges to those players who know how to use them, creating faster game play.
>
> Halo 3 was all about camping and stale gameplay? I got nothing to say to you…there was nothing of any of these in Halo 3. What’d you do, play Social or something? AA’s break Lockout for one, because it was never meant to be played with them. You know nothing of competitive play if you think AA’s and loadouts will work with some of these maps. Halo 3 isn’t dead. You know how many people have gone back to both Halo 3 and Reach because of Halo 4? Halo 3 was the last Halo that was competitive. Competitive settings will work for these maps, not Infinity Slayer settings. I don’t want Casual setting for maps that I can actually come on Halo 4 to play. <mark>The competitive community deserves this playlist with settings that best suit it. Casuals have Infinity Slayer.</mark>

As much as i sucked at halo 3 half of the time, it was not about camping at all. The only problem i had with it, was how slow it could be sometimes. Promethean vision is not anticamping, IT IS CAMPING, not to mention all people do is camp with camo.

Infinity slayer would be perfect for the competitive community it they did these things: tone down boltshot’s range, slow down dmr’s rate of fire, tone down AA like promethean vison and active camo. Balance = competitive. Also, people still played cheaply in halo 3, but there was not much they could do because the game was almost perfectly balanced, but i never cared for the assault rifle.

AA’s haven’t broken any Shutout matches that I’ve played.

Which I thought jetpack would, but it actually doesn’t seem to at all.