Forge Test is Great

I like it, its pushing hlao in the right direction,

ALl of them are small
+
Static Weapon spawns (YAY)

Most of them are better than all the maps Halo 4 launched with, so that’s good.
Could be improved though.

The dynamic lighting causes lag of all kinds, i do not think im the only one experiencing this, but if i am let me know.

Game types that you launched with don’t fit well, More specifically, Infinity slayer, the small maps are ruined by instant respawn and default sprint. Having set loadouts would complement the static weapon spawns.

Need to make slayer game type with Instant respawn disabled and set load outs

Keep up the good work 343
What do you guys think?

I think that H4’s forge caters to the casual forger

see here:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst138467_My-thoughts-as-a-Forger.aspx

A list of issues may be found here:

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-4-general-discussion/142284-compendium-thread-halo-4-issues.html

so no, it’s far from perfect, and has actually managed to take a few steps back in certain regards.

You think having smaller maps with static weapon respawns caters more to casuals?

No one said this was perfect, bet it is definitely a step in the right direction.

did you read my links?

I can’t stop playing the Forge playlist. So much fun and they have some great map ideas coming that will make H4 more competitive and enjoyable. Thank you 343 for taking steps in the right direction. I still don’t forgive you for ruining Halo for me though.

> did you read my links?

Did you read my thread title?

This is concerning the forge test playlist, not forge its self.

= =

> > did you read my links?
>
> Did you read my thread title?
>
> This is concerning the forge test playlist, not forge its self.
>
> = =

you caught me :stuck_out_tongue:

i’m just really pissed about what they did to forge

> I like it, its pushing hlao in the right direction,
>
> The dynamic lighting causes lag of all kinds, i do not think im the only one experiencing this, but if i am let me know.

I didn’t know if it was the dynamic lighting, but yes, I also noticed that the gameplay feels a little slower (and not intentionally, either) when playing the forge maps versus the standard Halo maps

Yeah, had some fun playing it too yesterday.

Man I got against the sweatiest tryhard everytime I got to play in Shutout! It was horrible haha!

Simplex is the best map I’ve played in a long time. Its absolutely beautiful for 4v4 CTF. Also, the quick return is awesome.

This board has kind of an MLG-esque design that I remember seeing in Halo 3’s MLG playlists.

I haven’t gotten a chance to play yet. Really looking forward to it though.

Great playlist, I just started to use the BR perfectly. I was so tired of so many huge maps where the DMR dominates.

It hasn’t been too bad so far, had some issues spawning to close to enemies but those can be fixed. The only thing that really bugs me is the same grey color. It really washes out the reticle on some maps. If we could completely change an objects color that would be great.

honestly i love the fact that there are new maps. but already i can see that Shutout (lockout and Black out remake, obviously) and Swat is the main game choice everyone loves. which suck because i would really like to see some of the other maps.