Forge tank rush strategy/walkthrough.

Hello everyone, today I’m going to share what I do for a tank rush (as forge.)It’s not the fastest rush, but if done properly, it can be deadly.

First of all this rush works alot better when its 2v2, in a 3v3 most of the time all the enemies will send their units over to help that one person, making it more difficult.

Anyway, when the game begins, immediately build 3 supply pads, then take your warthog to look around for supllies just laying around the map. It’s best to try and get the supplies on the enemy side first, then make your way back towards your base. This way you can try to minimize the ammount of supplies your enemies can ubtain. Around the time your first supply pad is built, make another supply pad. So by this time you should have a total of 4 supply pads on your base (including ones that have been built, or are still building.) Now you’ll have 1 more spot on your base to fill. Make that last spot a reactor. RECAP: 4 supply pads, use your warthog to obtain as many supllies as you can as you wait, then build a reactor as your 5th building spot.

Now that your base has 4 supply pads and 1 reactor, the next thing you’ll want to do is to upgrade your reactor. by the time your reactor comes up, you should be right at 1,200 supplies, maybe 100 more. So you should have no problem upgradeing it. Once you have your reactor upgraded, the next thing you’ll want to do is to upgrade your base. It’ll take about 30 seconds to get the the required supplies. Once you upgrade the base all the way, build 2 vehicle depots. By the time the base is done upgrading, you should have about 200 supplies, so making the first depot will be no problem. It’s also a good idea to use your warthog to scout the enemy so you know what your up against. RECAP: as soon as your reactor comes up, upgrade it, then upgrade your base, then finally build 2 vehicle depots in the last 2 spaces of your base.

Once your first vehicle depot comes up, you should have just enough to build your first tank. The time in the game should be at about 4 minutes or so. From here all you really need to to is keep building tanks. as soon as you get 500 supplies, build another tank, the faster the better. Make sure to use each vehicle depot, instead of just useing one. Having a teammate that can toss you some supplies often would make the process go even quicker.

Something that I do as im waiting for my tank army to max in population, is to kill a base or 2 with a pair of tanks. This can get you ready to claim a second base once you have all of your tanks, and the extra supplies the base drops can be a little useful.

By the time about 8 minutes rolls around you should have about 8 tanks, and building your 9th. If you wish to make 10 tanks you’ll need to kill off your warthog. Just send it to a enemy base to be destroyed to free up the population, unless it got destroyed before hand. You should have 9-10 tanks in about 9 - 9 1/2 minutes. once you get done building the second to last tank, destroy that vehicle depot, and make another reactor. Make sure to use the vehicle depot you still have to make your last tank. Once you destroy a depot to make a reactor, from here you’ll want to upgrade canister shell for your tanks. You don’t have to make another reactor and upgrade to canister, but when tanks get the canister ability they do much more damage.

Once you have a full army of tanks with canister shell. You should be at about the 10 minute mark. Now the fun begins, send all of your tanks to the enemy you feel would die easiest. As your attacking or before you attack, its a good idea to build another base, so you can keep progressing incase your rush fails.

Heres a brief list of what I just said:

1. build 4 suplly pads.
  2. build reactor
  3. upgrade your reactor
  4. upgrade your base
  5. build 2 vehicle depots
  6. build first tank as first depot comes up
  7. continue to build tanks ASAP
  8. (optional) take out a base to claim later
  9. As your last tank is building, scrap your idle depot, and make another reactor.
  10. upgrade your tanks to canister shell once 2nd reactor comes up.
  11. (optional) have a teammate place a unit next to a open base for you to claim.
  12. Attack!

tank rushes don’t really work because, tanks are expensive, tanks take 40 seconds to build, tanks can easily be raged down by an arbiter, gaining the tech level necessary takes so much time that you are in fact susceptible to a much faster rush with low level units like warthogs.

> tank rushes don’t really work because, tanks are expensive, tanks take 40 seconds to build, tanks can easily be raged down by an arbiter, gaining the tech level necessary takes so much time that you are in fact susceptible to a much faster rush with low level units like warthogs.

Agree, and you better hope the other one hasn’t see what you are doing, because he/she have enough time to prepare against your tanks.

Welcome to Waypoint. :slight_smile:

This is a good build for someone who is starting out. Of course, there are plenty variations of the tank build you mentioned. It would be better to clear a base once your first tank is out and get a second base up once your second tank is out. You’ll reach a full pop of tanks along with Canister/Power Turret significantly faster that way.

http://lazyfrog.us/forums/showthread.php/200-Halo-Wars-Strategy-Guide-Collection-LOOK-HERE-IF-YOU-RE-A-NEWBIE!

Or look through these forums, but I have been using a forge tank rush that has sadly been working great for years. Not many people know how to counter it. I will post it when I have more time.

> Or look through these forums, but I have been using a forge tank rush that has sadly been working great for years. Not many people know how to counter it. I will post it when I have more time.

is it that 3X pad, 2 reactors, 2 depot build? 5 tanks in under 5 mins. or is it the 2 pad 2 reactor 1 depot?

> > Or look through these forums, but I have been using a forge tank rush that has sadly been working great for years. Not many people know how to counter it. I will post it when I have more time.
>
> is it that 3X pad, 2 reactors, 2 depot build? 5 tanks in under 5 mins. or is it the 2 pad 2 reactor 1 depot?

I believe he’s referring to the Reactor, Supply Pad, Reactor, Vehicle Depot, Field Armory build.

> > > Or look through these forums, but I have been using a forge tank rush that has sadly been working great for years. Not many people know how to counter it. I will post it when I have more time.
> >
> > is it that 3X pad, 2 reactors, 2 depot build? 5 tanks in under 5 mins. or is it the 2 pad 2 reactor 1 depot?
>
> I believe he’s referring to the Reactor, Supply Pad, Reactor, Vehicle Depot, Field Armory build.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

> Hello everyone, today I’m going to share what I do for a tank rush (as forge.)It’s not the fastest rush, but if done properly, it can be deadly.
>
> First of all this rush works alot better when its 2v2, in a 3v3 most of the time all the enemies will send their units over to help that one person, making it more difficult.
>
> Anyway, when the game begins, immediately build 3 supply pads, then take your warthog to look around for supllies just laying around the map. It’s best to try and get the supplies on the enemy side first, then make your way back towards your base. This way you can try to minimize the ammount of supplies your enemies can ubtain. Around the time your first supply pad is built, make another supply pad. So by this time you should have a total of 4 supply pads on your base (including ones that have been built, or are still building.) Now you’ll have 1 more spot on your base to fill. Make that last spot a reactor. RECAP: 4 supply pads, use your warthog to obtain as many supllies as you can as you wait, then build a reactor as your 5th building spot.
>
> Now that your base has 4 supply pads and 1 reactor, the next thing you’ll want to do is to upgrade your reactor. by the time your reactor comes up, you should be right at 1,200 supplies, maybe 100 more. So you should have no problem upgradeing it. Once you have your reactor upgraded, the next thing you’ll want to do is to upgrade your base. It’ll take about 30 seconds to get the the required supplies. Once you upgrade the base all the way, build 2 vehicle depots. By the time the base is done upgrading, you should have about 200 supplies, so making the first depot will be no problem. It’s also a good idea to use your warthog to scout the enemy so you know what your up against. RECAP: as soon as your reactor comes up, upgrade it, then upgrade your base, then finally build 2 vehicle depots in the last 2 spaces of your base.
>
> Once your first vehicle depot comes up, you should have just enough to build your first tank. The time in the game should be at about 4 minutes or so. From here all you really need to to is keep building tanks. as soon as you get 500 supplies, build another tank, the faster the better. Make sure to use each vehicle depot, instead of just useing one. Having a teammate that can toss you some supplies often would make the process go even quicker.
>
> Something that I do as im waiting for my tank army to max in population, is to kill a base or 2 with a pair of tanks. This can get you ready to claim a second base once you have all of your tanks, and the extra supplies the base drops can be a little useful.
>
> By the time about 8 minutes rolls around you should have about 8 tanks, and building your 9th. If you wish to make 10 tanks you’ll need to kill off your warthog. Just send it to a enemy base to be destroyed to free up the population, unless it got destroyed before hand. You should have 9-10 tanks in about 9 - 9 1/2 minutes. once you get done building the second to last tank, destroy that vehicle depot, and make another reactor. Make sure to use the vehicle depot you still have to make your last tank. Once you destroy a depot to make a reactor, from here you’ll want to upgrade canister shell for your tanks. You don’t have to make another reactor and upgrade to canister, but when tanks get the canister ability they do much more damage.
>
> Once you have a full army of tanks with canister shell. You should be at about the 10 minute mark. Now the fun begins, send all of your tanks to the enemy you feel would die easiest. As your attacking or before you attack, its a good idea to build another base, so you can keep progressing incase your rush fails.
>
> Heres a brief list of what I just said:
>
> 1. build 4 suplly pads.
> 2. build reactor
> 3. upgrade your reactor
> 4. upgrade your base
> 5. build 2 vehicle depots
> 6. build first tank as first depot comes up
> 7. continue to build tanks ASAP
> 8. (optional) take out a base to claim later
> 9. As your last tank is building, scrap your idle depot, and make another reactor.
> 10. upgrade your tanks to canister shell once 2nd reactor comes up.
> 11. (optional) have a teammate place a unit next to a open base for you to claim.
> 12. Attack!

Welcome to Waypoint - your strategy is not a rush sir. It is a build waiting to get destroyed. Building 2 depots on 1 base is a bad idea unless you have the economy to constantly build tanks. 4 supply pads does not offer that.

I would suggest 3 SP, 2 reactor, upgrade base, VD, 1 sp. Build tanks - expand to 2nd base with 3 tanks, get 2nd base up, get tech 3 on 2nd base, get canister, and continue on.

That is more of a rush build then trying to get full pop canister. You should have canister by like 3-5 tanks and PT by like 7+ tanks.

> > > Or look through these forums, but I have been using a forge tank rush that has sadly been working great for years. Not many people know how to counter it. I will post it when I have more time.
> >
> > is it that 3X pad, 2 reactors, 2 depot build? 5 tanks in under 5 mins. or is it the 2 pad 2 reactor 1 depot?
>
> I believe he’s referring to the Reactor, Supply Pad, Reactor, Vehicle Depot, Field Armory build.

absolutely not. He is talking about the reactor , ask for clicks , reactor , vehicle depot build . Its unstoppable.

Alright, so, if you’re going to play high level, always use the map. Without an expo or hooks you are sure to lose every decent game you play.

However, if you’re trying to break TS 25-30 with Forge, try this out in Party Teams:

SP
SP
SP
SP
SP
Fortress
Reactor
Reactor
Down SP for VD
Upgrade Reactor
Research Canisters
Down Single Reactor for another VD

In my opinion, this is the best Cani-single-base build. It’s terrible for PT (as are all SB-Cani builds) and equally as bad for for helping your teammate in the early-game, but it should get you a ways up in your TS. I would also recommend you try out a variety of different build orders depending on your situation in the game. Sometimes, as a single-base Forge, you’ll need to get 3-Pad Tanks (SP,SP,SP,R,R,VD – never go 2-Pad Tanks) and other times you’ll be free to try out the one I gave several lines up.

sp, sp, reactor, 3 cyclops to take over another base, sp, sp, reactor, vd. second base: sp, sp, reactor, vd, barracks. By 8 minutes, you should have 3 canister tanks with a spartan in each. Attack by 10 minutes, and they usually won’t have anything to defend themselves with. To be careful, you could add 3 wolverines with that too.

> sp, sp, reactor, 3 cyclops to take over another base, sp, sp, reactor, vd. second base: sp, sp, reactor, vd, barracks. By 8 minutes, you should have 3 canister tanks with a spartan in each. Attack by 10 minutes, and they usually won’t have anything to defend themselves with. To be careful, you could add 3 wolverines with that too.

I wouldnt recommend this. I would make warthogs instead of cyclops. They can be used for harrassing purposes or even defensive purposes. Also go spartan tanks after you have researched power turret. You can go spartan canny tanks against double arby but I would still prefer more canny tanks than a couple of spartan ones.