Forge: Stealing Maps

I’ve noticed that any map being used in the customs browser can be easily stolen by clicking “SAVE A COPY” in the customs browser. This is making me very uncomfortable because i no longer want to use my maps due to the fact that they can be stolen, even if you turn search visibility OFF. Is there any way to solve this issue, if so, can someone please explain how?

> 2535418883510816;1:
> I’ve noticed that any map being used in the customs browser can be easily stolen by clicking “SAVE A COPY” in the customs browser. This is making me very uncomfortable because i no longer want to use my maps due to the fact that they can be stolen, even if you turn search visibility OFF. Is there any way to solve this issue, if so, can someone please explain how?

I m in your same boat, i m afraid about it

I’m sure an update was released for Halo 5 that added the “Original author” name to each map, so even if someone takes a copy of it I’m sure your name should still be in there. Maybe I’m wrong though and that didn’t make it out, I do know it was definitely noted at the time and would have been something the Forge team were looking into for Infinite

> 2533274813317074;3:
> I’m sure an update was released for Halo 5 that added the “Original author” name to each map, so even if someone takes a copy of it I’m sure your name should still be in there. Maybe I’m wrong though and that didn’t make it out, I do know it was definitely noted at the time and would have been something the Forge team were looking into for Infinite

Original author was a good feature. Reach maps were constantly stolen and rebranded. Problem was with easy modding you could change the original authors name to your own.

I don’t believe you can do that with Halo 5 maps though

> 2533274813317074;3:
> I’m sure an update was released for Halo 5 that added the “Original author” name to each map, so even if someone takes a copy of it I’m sure your name should still be in there. Maybe I’m wrong though and that didn’t make it out, I do know it was definitely noted at the time and would have been something the Forge team were looking into for Infinite

Yes, this was added now, I’m back to making maps even though forge hates me.

I suggest posting your map on ForgeHub. Most of the big-shot Forgers post their content there, even 343 employees. It’s a great way to claim your work and share it with other. Overall, in the Forge community we are pretty good at telling when someone has stolen another persons work based on their proven track record and quality of work.

People steal maps? What’s the benefit? Sounds lame, hope they fix or is a fix for y’all forge people!

only if you can make a script that ends the game immediately
but no one knows how to get them to remove the maps or get the player in like a time out?

They could have made it so you have to confirm access to it. Like a in-game system that says “[Gamertag] Has requested to use [map name]!” Or something similar.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks