Forge reveal expectations

In a tweet, Josh holmes said that we were definitely going to have a look at forge before the game’s release, so i was wondering what are your expectations? not really what you want, as much as what you expect 343 has done with forge in Halo 5.

My expectations based on the maps present on the beta are:

Full object colorization (Primary and secondary colors)
Time of day setting
Large terrain sheets
More curved and circular objects
Numbered objects
Predetermined callouts (Could work like a hill that you place on a certain area)
Different pallets for diferrent canvases
At least 2 canvases
More natural objects
Vehicle and weapons skins

What do you guys think? i’m eager to find out what Forge is going to be like in Halo 5.

Oh… imagine Forging your own Warzone level. That could take up the entire Orion/Pegasus levels.

> 2533274857577417;2:
> Oh… imagine Forging your own Warzone level. That could take up the entire Orion/Pegasus levels.

Sadly Warzone isn’t Forgeable :frowning:

Since they left it for last and so close to release im expecting it to be somethinf really big, to build hype for launch. Maybe a windows 10 app when you can forge and then export that concept to xbox one.

> 2533274832948697;4:
> Since they left it for last and so close to release im expecting it to be somethinf really big, to build hype for launch. Maybe a windows 10 app when you can forge and then export that concept to xbox one.

I’m expecting the opposite. They wanted to bring out their biggest assets at E3 to show to the masses and that’s what they did with Warzone. Further evidenced with their continual promotion of the new REQ system and sneak peeks at the new REQ cards. I predict before launch we will see another campaign demo - probably 4 player coop, and either on the Swords of Sanghelios level or the Blue Team level, then a quick look at the new improvements to Forge. Not groundbreaking, but still enough to get the Forgers hyped.

I really like your ideas, and the only thing I can think to add off the top of my head would be a bigger budget. I’m not sure what else the Xbone is capable of though.

At this point, I really just want to see it already. Doubt we will til October though.

I hope they add everything you mentioned but i also hope they fix the lighting glitch and framerate. Sucks to have more stuff but still be held back by system limitations.

I just want:

• more terrain pieces
  • more foliage pieces
  • framerate issues fixed
  • break lighting fixed
  • tons more pieces
  • more unique rock pieces
  • better tools
  • fix shifting objects while co-forge
  • tons of new stuff
  • time of day being changeable
  • way more unique trees

i could keep going but these are just wants, I hope the important issues are fixed

Ease of use is still severely lacking in Forge. Fixing this cannot wait anymore. Yes, H2A brought in a lot of useful tools and worthwhile natural pieces. But the actual ‘building things’ part still sucks and kinda always has…

The pieces shown in Orion and Pegasus look fine, and I’m guessing the trees were also forgeable, (hopefully they were) but ever since H2A, Forge hasn’t been ‘fun’ for me anymore, and it’s not because of the pieces, or even the horrible performance… Handling multiple objects at once hasn’t been possible in a single iteration of Forge, and it should’ve been common sense to make this possible since the beginning. Even if its just the ability to move the objects at once and nothing else, the difference it’d make would be astronomical. I feel like if Halo 5 is truly going to improve Forge, it needs to fix that more than anything.

I don’t expect Halo 5 to reinvent the wheel or anything with Forge like I used to, but as long as we’re still mashing recycled pieces together… that part should be much easier. Copying and pasting is just common sense in that regard. Also, normal physics. Stop making it useless! We need structures to stay intact yes, but sometimes we still want our normal physics. Let us weld structures together so they react to gravity but don’t fall apart. Trains should look like trains, elevators like elevators, and boats like boats, etc.

The thought of building maps in Halo was great for a long time (and to be fair it still is) but the restrictions it brings compared to say, an actual map creator, weigh it down to no end. This has caused me to become more and more wary of just how difficult and time consuming creating maps is, and often times has stopped me from Forging altogether.

> 2535460843083983;8:
> Ease of use is still severely lacking in Forge. Fixing this cannot wait anymore. Yes, H2A brought in a lot of useful tools and worthwhile natural pieces. But the actual ‘building things’ part still sucks and kinda always has…
>
> The pieces shown in Orion and Pegasus look fine, and I’m guessing the trees were also forgeable, (hopefully they were) but ever since H2A, Forge hasn’t been ‘fun’ for me anymore, and it’s not because of the pieces, or even the horrible performance… Handling multiple objects at once hasn’t been possible in a single iteration of Forge, and it should’ve been common sense to make this possible since the beginning. Even if its just the ability to move the objects at once and nothing else, the difference it’d make would be astronomical. I feel like if Halo 5 is truly going to improve Forge, it needs to fix that more than anything.
>
> I don’t expect Halo 5 to reinvent the wheel or anything with Forge like I used to, but as long as we’re still mashing recycled pieces together… that part should be much easier. Copying and pasting is just common sense in that regard. Also, normal physics. Stop making it useless! We need structures to stay intact yes, but sometimes we still want our normal physics. Let us weld structures together so they react to gravity but don’t fall apart. Trains should look like trains, elevators like elevators, and boats like boats, etc.
>
> The thought of building maps in Halo was great for a long time (and to be fair it still is) but the restrictions it brings compared to say, an actual map creator, weigh it down to no end. This has caused me to become more and more wary of just how difficult and time consuming creating maps is, and often times has stopped me from Forging altogether.

I agree, selecting multiple objects would be a huge time saver! Nothing bugs more than needing to move something that is so dependent on other objects. If we could go in and select a whole group of objects and move/rotate them as one object, way more could be done. Changing object color is annoying too: select one object, navigate menu, select object color, deselect, select next object…repeat for hours! I love the idea of creating a single object and saving that to be used in any map. Import, export, copy, paste. Why have we not had these things yet?

The ability to name certain sections of your map. I don’t know if they had that in the past since I’m not much of a forger, but I think it would be beneficial to be able to do so.

Well some of these are already confirmed by the beta. More or less:
Coloring blocks
More curved pieces, and just new pieces in general
2 forging canvases were shown in the beta. Although the bigger one was pretty incomplete at the time.
Time of day in some capacity. Even if it just was two variant maps for the same canvas and not a switch you flip in forge.

Object textures e.g. wood, steel, rusted steel.