Forge Restrictions and Such

I am aware that Forge has been confirmed in Halo 4, but my question is will it be as vast as in Reach? I have been forging since Halo 3, and is probably one of my favorite parts of the Halo game. Though it is great, I think there should be some changes.
For one, I have always felt restricted when forging large maps. The limit on pieces along with budget has always been frustrating to me. Maybe a larger budget and allowed for more pieces would help? Secondly, I feel that being able to modify terrain would enhance the forge experience greatly. I know that there was rocks in reach, but I’m talking on a far greater scale. Finally, we need a larger space, or more maps to Forge on. Forge World was awesome, but after making so many maps I soon ran out of good places to create things. Making maybe 2 possible Worlds, or a much larger world than forge world could solve this problem. Anyway’s that is all I have to say. I’m super excited on hearing more news on Halo 4 and Forge itself.

Yes… Yes… YES!

I’d like to have a couple of more coloured lights per map. Maybe some trees or shubbery to compliment the ROCKS, ROCKS EVERYWHERE.

Other than that, I really liked Forge World. If it’s anything like that, they’ll have to work really hard to get me to find something to complain about.

(Oh, but they’ll try.)

OG pieces yo

Perhaps I should elaborate:

My main problem with the Forge World pieces were that they were all really grey and bland, and the coloured lights were too small to make any difference. And you could only have two coloured lights, vs. the four you could have on Sandbox in Halo 3. And while Forge World had trees, it would have been nice to plant a few myself.

But the main reason I liked Forge World was how much more convenient it was compared to Sandbox. It was a lot easier to line up pieces juuuuust right, and being able to let objects phase through other objects without resorting to voodoo magic was a big help. These are the things Halo 4 should keep in mind with its own version of Forge.

I’d really like to see more maps to Forge on. That are designed for Forging.

I’d like to see a Theme option in Forge Pieces, It doesn’t change the piece itself, just the art.
So like

Covenant
UNSC
Civilian
Forerunner

and for fun

Western Architecture
Asian Architecture
Easter Architecture

They had a desert theme in Halo 3.

They had a green valley theme in Halo: Reach.

…Snow level Forge World for Halo 4?

If the Forge isn’t better than Reach’s or on par, I’ll be so disappointed. All this time used to unbalance Multiplayer when they could have been working on Forge. Sigh

I would like to see the budget and piece caps removed, also a “snap to grid” option for lining up walls and race track pieces would be awesome, to be honest I would like to see forge on a separate disc, maybe something similar to the GECK from fallout. We could tinker with maps in detail, raise and lower terrain, plant trees, spawn scenery and wrecked vehicles, path non-combatant AI

> They had a desert theme in Halo 3.
>
> They had a green valley theme in Halo: Reach.
>
>
> …Snow level Forge World for Halo 4?

Yeah,

Like an Overgrown theme (Guardian + Isolation)
Desert (Sandbox+ SandTrap)
Abandoned (Ghost Town)

Civilian (Terminal + Blackout)
UNSC (Foundry + Rats Nest)
Covenant (Zealot + Damnation Anniversary)

This post is to give people an idea of what the themes would look like.

Basically what OP wants…

> Basically what OP wants…

exactly what forge should be.

Sure, OP got some great ideas but due to the engine used and the limited hardware on the 360, not to mention 343i/MS not wanting to spend a lot of money on a feature used by few, a feature that would potentially hurt the almighty DLC sales.
Foge will probably be updated, by not by much I guess, maybe Halo 5 offers more, but something close to a real map editor, or even Far Cry 2, won’t happen in Halo since it would make DLC sales drop like a rock.

> Sure, OP got some great ideas but due to the engine used and the limited hardware on the 360, not to mention 343i/MS not wanting to spend a lot of money on a feature used by few, a feature that would potentially hurt the almighty DLC sales.
> Foge will probably be updated, by not by much I guess, maybe Halo 5 offers more, but something close to a real map editor, or even Far Cry 2, won’t happen in Halo since it would make DLC sales drop like a rock.

I’d still love to see a GECK equivalent for halo one day. Even if I would have to edit and path on pc then test on the Xbox

> I’d still love to see a GECK equivalent for halo one day. Even if I would have to edit and path on pc then test on the Xbox

Sure, so would I, but the only6 slim possibility that we’ll ever see it, is some other great FPS series that offer that feature, and that affects Halo sales in a bad way. If CoD would offer it, and people would play CoD to get this feature, Halo would get it. But, CoD does not have this feature and while Far Cry 2 does, it lacks the sales and the MP to affect Halo. :confused:

> > I’d still love to see a GECK equivalent for halo one day. Even if I would have to edit and path on pc then test on the Xbox
>
> Sure, so would I, but the only6 slim possibility that we’ll ever see it, is some other great FPS series that offer that feature, and that affects Halo sales in a bad way. If CoD would offer it, and people would play CoD to get this feature, Halo would get it. But, CoD does not have this feature and while Far Cry 2 does, it lacks the sales and the MP to affect Halo. :confused:

That also traces back to the dlc sales argument, while fallout was a single player RPG ( i would love to see a halo rpg on a similar engine one day but that another subject entirely) game with quest extending dlc, fps games usually release dlc in the form of multiplayer maps. I doubt we’ll see anything as expansive as the GECK but a toned down version would be cool. I would settle for a few tools to make lining up object easier.

Terraforming was an idea I thought about a while back. Where you could raise hills, lower cliffs, dig tunnels, ect.

DLC sales for Halo is nothing more than maps. If they would actually give us other stuff than maps, like missions and weapons and Vehicles that were created but never added. What about a Forge DLC. Besides they only give us a total of 2-3 maps packs. A DIY map maker wouldn’t affect it that much since you can make unlimited maps and every single one would be unique. Charge 60$ for this great tool. That’s as much as 3 map packs I believe.

Hey everybody who is complaining about item limits and budget they are their for a reason. Even with those limits it is still easy to make a map in reach that hurts the FPS.

A big help would be less complex models, if you look at the model of a regular wall, it has tapered edges, a border sort of thing around the edge, and little things that jut out in the center of the top and bottom. All that as opposed to, well I don’t know, a box maybe? i feel like that would allow us to have way more pieces.

But we need more big pieces, and the ones we have it would be nice if they actually lined up with the grid and held their rotation. I propose just having one block, then when you hit x on it, you can change its size, instead of having a bunch of imprecise sizes.

Oh and a group feature would be nice. Make a group of items into one, then copy paste it.