Forge: Props, Scripts, and Customization

FORGE
Halo 5’s forge mode. What a beast! It’s not necessarily going to be hard to top what we have now in the next version that will most likely be found in Halo 6, but it is incredibly powerful as it is now. However, here are some things I would REALLY love to see before we say “We are done updating Halo 5’s Forge mode”

PROPS
The number of unique objects we have at our disposal is incredible. Sometimes I find myself forgetting that certain ones even exist! There are so many objects, however, that we are currently unable to place and edit that are currently found in game. Take a stroll through the campaign or multiplayer maps and look at all the potential objects that can help bring our creations one step closer to looking like they are believably not forge created. I believe we should have full access to every model in the game to place before we start adding new ones.

SCRIPTS
We are still not quite perfect with our current scripting abilities. I find that a lot of scripts that work in forge are broken in custom games. There are plenty of fixes we need. There are a few ideas I have for new things such as dumb scripted AI for objects/groups (such as having an object move around on it’s own based on the objective it is given. Another would be scripted weapons/turrets such as an object launching a wraith mortar with customized cone of fire, fire arc, speed of the entity, rate of fire, and damage variables. Another addition to this that fits in scripted props such as the gate we saw in Halo 2 anniversary’s forge mode. Sometimes we need some pre-made stuff like this to save our budget when we want something to look good and work smoothly.

CUSTOMIZATION
In forge, we still need more customization options such as transparency/glass/energy overlays for objects.

This category I am posting is aimed more towards the custom games options. We need custom games options to be just as powerful as forge. We are still lacking in the ability to truly create new game modes. For example: Infection with red and blue teams fighting each other while a pair of infected are trying to take down both. Maybe an option to “cure” infected players? A gravity hammer that smashes the infection out of your friends, perhaps? How about the power to remake gametypes that we currently dont have like regicide, juggernaut, headhunter, vip, etc? The option to have “red” and “blue” teams where all the players have their own colors or just their primary or just their secondary colors forced? Another infection option: players turn into infected on the spot where they are killed (excluding suicide or unknown deaths) There are a lot of variables here.

Yeah, sometimes a script works in forge but not customs. It’s really annoying.

> 2533274925370623;2:
> Yeah, sometimes a script works in forge but not customs. It’s really annoying.

It’s the worst when you think you’ve done something awesome and load it up in customs and it’s like “ha ha, screw you!”

> 2533274816257608;3:
> > 2533274925370623;2:
> > Yeah, sometimes a script works in forge but not customs. It’s really annoying.
>
> It’s the worst when you think you’ve done something awesome and load it up in customs and it’s like “ha ha, screw you!”

Yeah, I made a pelican that moved by the press of a button. Worked in Forge and in customs it didn’t work.