Forge Playlist: Map Submissions

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/01/09/The-Halo-Bulletin-1913.aspx

I was unsure whether this should belong in the Halo 4 forum or Matchmaking forum, so I posted it here. Anyway, while 343i finally is introducing and testing Forge maps into Matchmaking, I thought it would be a good idea to post this thread now. I know the “Forge test” playlist is likely only going to include their variants of the Forge maps such as Relay, Ascent, and Settler but a lot of Forgers have been wondering where we can submit our maps to 343i so they can add them into Matchmaking in the future when its ready. I found right now would be a good idea to make this thread before 343i adds Forge maps into Matchmaking so they have a good list of what to test and/or add into the playlists without having to search far. This thread is for map variant submissions when they are ready to be added into Matchmaking normally and not for the test playlist.

Give me some feedback about this thread idea, and if you would like 343i to use a map variant you have created and hopefully have them see it in this thread, post it in a similar fashion to my example below. Please don’t submit a map variant if it was not created by you. As an example and a map submission, I’ll start:

Map Name: Transverse

Short Description: This Impact map variant is a remake of the popular Halo: PC exclusive map “Gephyrophobia”. This is a Big Team map. Weapons and Vehicles on this variant were optimized for Halo 4’s gameplay.

File Share Gamertag: Shore Jesus

Map Lag (graphical lag): Little to None

Game Modes Supported: All excluding Extraction, Dominion, and Grifball

Recommended Players/Modes: 16 players. Red vs. Blue: Capture the Flag, Infinity Slayer, and King of the Hill

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

They don’t take submissions. Nobody wants to play on your awful map. You are an idiot and I hate you. Goodbye.

>

>They don’t take submissions.
Show proof, until then, false.

>Nobody wants to play on your awful map
How would you know other’s opinions? I doubt you even turned on your console.

>You are an idiot and I hate you
Reported.

The bulletin said its going to feature small maps

> The bulletin said its going to feature small maps

Yes, the Forge Test playlist will only feature small maps. I created this thread for map variant submissions when they are ready to be added into Matchmaking normally and not the test playlist.

-Look towards the THC Forge forums for great 4v4 maps. I know that place isn’t the most friendliest of forums to be in but you be a fool to ignore the maps made here.

• Bring back Pulse and Enclosed from Reach.

-Don’t EVER (E.V.E.R) bring back Uncaged.

• Don’t let the Community Cartographers implement maps without some serious competitive testing.

^ That’s how you get great 4v4 Forge maps in Halo 4.

With that out of the way, i’ll test the map myself, see if it’s good :stuck_out_tongue: I didn’t play on the exclusive maps for the CE PC edition (sans Timberlands via Reach).

Hey guys I myself have created two unique maps that have always captured my eye and competitive passion, one is Guardian a Halo 3 Classic that we all love for both 1v1 and 2v2, I’ve gotten great feedback of many friends that they prefer my Guardian remake. I have also made Sanctuary an MLG map that was in Halo: Reach but i can tell u just as much as most of my friends woul say that I made an awesome Sanctuary and both maps are in my File Share. Beleive me when I say they most certainly are epic maps along many others!

Shore Jesus if u ever get a chance check outmy File Share on my gamertag Smokesomeweed16 both maps compatible for multiple playlists as well

> Shore Jesus if u ever get a chance check outmy File Share on my gamertag Smokesomeweed16 both maps compatible for multiple playlists as well

Cool, but I made this thread really with the intention of submitting maps to 343i instead of actually advertising it to other players. I suppose I could check it out, but if you’re going to submit it, is it possible if you can edit your post or make a new post following the example I made in the OP? Thanks.