Forge Plagiarism

A couple of Cartographers and I noticed that people have been saving our maps under their name as the Author. Now I wouldn’t mind if they did it to make some changes for their own use like spawning some weapons in or changing stuff for fun, but these people are just straight up plagiarizing for the sake of it. NO changes to the map whatsoever. The worst part is people are bookmarking those maps and playing them, thinking the person who plagiarized it is the rightful owner.

Giving you guys a heads up. Make sure you bookmark maps from the rightful owner and 343 you need to fix this. This was never a problem in previous Halo’s because even if you saved a map as a new map, the original creators name would still appear under Author.

It’s nothing new, it’s a common problem with Halo games, I’m surprised that 343i don’t have read only on these games if they don’t want others taking other peoples content.

What?! those people have no respect, you built that map so you should appear as the Author. I agree, it ought to show the original maker even if the new owner edited the map.

Oh my… This is not good! Now, I’m scared to feature any maps at my community hub. :confused:

<mark>Do not bump threads.</mark>

Bump

Ya definitely!

> 2535457202768003;3:
> What?! those people have no respect, you built that map so you should appear as the Author. I agree, it ought to show the original maker even if the new owner edited the map.

It’s probably mostly kids that want to brag. Still 343i should update it to block saving on peoples work if the original requests turns the feature on for the maps that they save out.

Orrrr do what I do, forge your GT with blocks somewhere far away that only you would know where it is, so that if anyone thinks someone else made it you can so NO they didn’t here’s the date of completion and my secret signature :3

This has been going on since halo3 my friend. I made a gigantic covenant cruiser map on halo reach and suddenly it crops up in other peoples fileshares credited to them, i have even been accused of stealing my own maps lol

It’s terribly annoying, but the internet is full of dirty, lying scumbags sadly.

Someone was borrowing my map to play customs on it and now I am thinking if they would do that to me… Time to un-bookmark all my maps.

This was also a problem in Reach.

Good thing I don’t know how to make good maps! :slight_smile:

i honestly hope they fix this in January ive been avoiding people like the plague just to preserve my maps. I work very hard on them forging for hours at a time. And so far ive only played my maps with my group, i really want to publicize my maps but without them fixing this i wont.

Yeah, but any map you make can be taken because they are in your files, doesnt matter what you do. Honestly, as long as 343 or a big gaming industry doesnt give them credit then I dont mind, and even then if they expect more they will just have to go to the source.

> 2533274833937345;8:
> Orrrr do what I do, forge your GT with blocks somewhere far away that only you would know where it is, so that if anyone thinks someone else made it you can so NO they didn’t here’s the date of completion and my secret signature :3

If you want to waste blocks sure but I think simply spawning olive or something with a specific color scheme and hiding her somewhere would be better.

Wow that’s low.

> 2533274883849234;15:
> > 2533274833937345;8:
> > Orrrr do what I do, forge your GT with blocks somewhere far away that only you would know where it is, so that if anyone thinks someone else made it you can so NO they didn’t here’s the date of completion and my secret signature :3
>
>
> If you want to waste blocks sure but I think simply spawning olive or something with a specific color scheme and hiding her somewhere would be better.

Or you could just write your name on a wall and date it with the text and symbols spray.

I was actually thinking about how this probably happens to a lot of people. But not everyone does so on purpose. Even I have gone in and saved a map after bookmarking and only recently did I realize it names me as the aithor of a map I did not create. Seems odd that there isn’t some sort of watermark that is placed to prove it was original/edited.

Man that’s some pretty dirty stuff…

> 2533274905624999;1:
> A couple of Cartographers and I noticed that people have been saving our maps under their name as the Author. Now I wouldn’t mind if they did it to make some changes for their own use like spawning some weapons in or changing stuff for fun, but these people are just straight up plagiarizing for the sake of it. NO changes to the map whatsoever. The worst part is people are bookmarking those maps and playing them, thinking the person who plagiarized it is the rightful owner.
>
> Giving you guys a heads up. Make sure you bookmark maps from the rightful owner and 343 you need to fix this. This was never a problem in previous Halo’s because even if you saved a map as a new map, the original creators name would still appear under Author.

This is kinda late but has this been resolved? I want to publish a map but im afraid theives will take credit for it