Forge Options Discussion

It would help alot instead of trying to make a map on the uneven ground.

Terrain editing?

Have you ever wanted to put something down on the map and there is an unmovable rock in the way? What about about a hill thats too high? Just think what you could do if you want a hill in one part of the map and a valley on the side. Just grab the ground and lift or drop it. It would help alot instead of trying to work with eneven ground or building above the water.

Texture painting?

Want grass? Paint it… Want stone? Paint it… Would make things alot easier than using Tin Cups.

For Forge, not much is gonna be done to it in a TU. If anything, 343 would fix known gitches and bugs to the system.

Asking for the addition of what your are asking for is not something they would do, or possibly couldn’t do for. For future Halo’s maybe. I don’t see it happening thought through my personal opinion.

i dont see it happening in a TU either, but its a thought. It would make buildin universally easier and close remakes like containment and valhalla would be more possible.

Trees would be a nice touch, and maybe the ability to change colors. Different pre set textures options for building blocks would be nice aswell.

cool

Maybe in Halo 4, but definently not in Reach ('Cos of the limitations).
I just thought for terain editing, make it like Sim City, where you have a circle that you can move on the ground, and create whatever. Or a Halo Wars type of selection system, like holding A would select part of the ground, then it would open up a menu with advanced options (such as textures)

Actually all we need in Reach is little hills and big hills that we can just sink into the ground to create terrain or raise a pit.
Kinda like how you merge rocks into other rocks to make a natural looking formation.

> Actually all we need in Reach is little hills and big hills that we can just sink into the ground to create terrain or raise a pit.
> Kinda like how you merge rocks into other rocks to make a natural looking formation.

I like this idea.

Unfortunately, the game’s lighting engine doesn’t. Hills like that would rarely blend with the ground because they’d be lit differently.

weather