forge on the 7 new maps?

I’m wondering if 343 is going to go the extra mile with forge capabilities on the new map pack. I know a lot of players were disappointed by the lack of forgable options in the Defiant Map Pack, hopefully 343 got the memo…

We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.

And for the love of god. use forgeable kill barriers. You should be able to get ontop of buildings on highlands in customs.

I don’t know why the hell we just can’t get rid of every kill barrier in every map in Forge, period.

For Matchmaking, duh kill barriers are a given, but you know, why not have ocean maps in custom games?

Maybe if the rumors of timberlands is true, that will be the forge map

> We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.

Are you really that idiotic? Look at the reach player count on peak times. Last night it was around 150,000

Any other game at this time in it’s lifetime would be begging for those numbers.

Reach is a great game, you simply cannot adapt.

> > We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.
>
> Are you really that idiotic? Look at the reach player count on peak times. Last night it was around 150,000
>
> Any other game at this time in it’s lifetime would be begging for those numbers.
>
> Reach is a great game, you simply cannot adapt.

except for MW2 (a game made BEFORE reach)

and black ops, both of which top the leaderboards for xbox live games being played.

lets also not forget halo 3 and halo 2 averaged well over this number as well.

its not that people dont like halo, its that more people have left halo for other games i’d imagine.

i doubt it will be but i hope there part of a forge world. Also i think one of the maps is a firefight one.

> We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.

About 750,000 people play every 24 hours, that doesn’t sound very dead to me.

And Timberlands+Forge=:)

Hopefully on each map we get a sizable amount of pieces to use. Like on Cold Storage or Citadel. If Sidewinder’s in, which I’m 99.9% sure it will be, I hope it’ll be like Tempest, just without the copy-paste Forge World selection.

I’m going to assume most of the new maps will be quite limited from a forging standpoint. I just hope there will be at least one map that forgers can really dig their teeth into.

Just one would be enough for me…

> I’m wondering if 343 is going to go the extra mile with forge capabilities on the new map pack. I know a lot of players were disappointed by the lack of forgable options in the Defiant Map Pack, hopefully 343 got the memo…

i certainly hope they do- the lack of filters/lighting options on Highlands makes it difficult to get a good screenshot on that map, and considering the beautiful scenery that is just disappointing to me… not that most of you care about that though, lol

> We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.

Agreed

> > We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.
>
> Are you really that idiotic? Look at the reach player count on peak times. Last night it was around 150,000
>
> Any other game at this time in it’s lifetime would be begging for those numbers.
>
> Reach is a great game, you simply cannot adapt.

Adapting is not the answer. Reach is simply a worse game than the other Halos and is NOT canon. Also I will not reply to your simple and childish comments.

> > > We can only hope. However, I think it’s pretty apparent to everyone, 343i included, that Halo: Reach is dead. These new maps shipping with Halo: CEA will be the last of the content for Reach. This is actually a good thing. I’d rather 343i spend more time creating a new (and actually good) Halo than trying to keep the crap that is Reach alive.
> >
> > Are you really that idiotic? Look at the reach player count on peak times. Last night it was around 150,000
> >
> > Any other game at this time in it’s lifetime would be begging for those numbers.
> >
> > Reach is a great game, you simply cannot adapt.
>
> Adapting is not the answer. Reach is simply a worse game than the other Halos and is NOT canon. Also I will not reply to your simple and childish comments.

Ha, even though this is way off topic, how can you say Reach is not canon. It’s not for you to decide. The games are the only real Official canon. And when you say Reach is the worst of the Halos, that’s fine, it’s your oppinion but don’t play it off as if your oppinion= fact because a lot of people dissagree.

On topic: Do we know what the seven maps will be? Or if not, when will we find out? I’d love to have the option to do great with forge but I have a strong suspicion that I won’t see it happen.

Considering it is literally a Map Pack that you can install to your Harddrive and use on your Halo Reach disk, YES. It will be forgeable 100%.

lol no…
Forge is horrible. i said it many times already. get over it people.

I’m not sure how exactly they could get forge onto the ‘new’ game if it is oonly one disc. My theory is that it’ll be ODST-like with one CEA disc and one disc for the maps. then I can see forge coming onto the maps. I personally wouldn’t be too dissapointed if forge didn’t come woth some of the new maps, because from what I can see, thse maps look incredible. Some new forge options would be nice though…

On a slightly different topic, i’m exited to see all of the parts where they couldn’t use Reach assets, i.e. the Flood and various types of forerunner structures.

Hoping that Timberlands featuring a huge palette of forge-goodies. If Timberlands is coming, that is.