Forge: Non-dealbreaking but desired new features

• A terrain editor: The possibilities are endless with this. I have wanted this since Halo Reach and I really think it’d be a step up from the land slabs we had in H2A Forge. - A custom block that can have custom measurements: This way we don’t have a million blocks taking up the Forge list and instead one block that can have the same applications as other blocks like how it looks in Reach or 3 (although I’m sure this will lead to texture stretching). it would also be cool to adjust the edges to make them rounded or make the block triangular. You get the idea. I played Halo 5: Forge for a brief period of time so I am not too familiar with its Forge. - Water textures, more textures in general: I feel like we have plenty but could use more - More “dead” objects: Like what we got in the MCC updates for Forge with more busted vehicles like a dead Warthog - Brushes: So we can cover up bigger spaces more quickly and make it look for natural - More natural objects: Trees, rocks, etc. Maybe a foliage brush? - More non-military objects: More people objects like everyday buildings, tables, benches, cars, etc. - Background objects: basically low-res objects to put off in the distance in order to give the map that feeling of distance - Bots Features in Forge: Please let us give AI pathing and various commands to do during a game. There’s probably a lot more but I don’t remember it all. Halo 5’s Forge from what I remember was VERY good. What are your thoughts?

Duplication
Note: I have mostly worked in Halo Reach Forge.

> 2533274840747673;2:
> Duplication
> Note: I have mostly worked in Halo Reach Forge.

I spent way too much time in Halo Reach’s forge. Good times. I’m hoping we get something similar to that Forge experience again in Infinite.

I don’t use forge all that myself but I would love to see what people could create with all of this thrown in. If bots are included in forge to some degree, I’d love it if people could create their own campaign missions. I’m not talking cutscenes and custom dialogue (though that would be cool) but something kind of like strikes in Destiny. Just one off PvE missions.

> 2533274870867568;3:
> > 2533274840747673;2:
> > Duplication
> > Note: I have mostly worked in Halo Reach Forge.
>
> I spent way too much time in Halo Reach’s forge. Good times. I’m hoping we get something similar to that Forge experience again in Infinite.

Yeah everything that we’ve seen (besides campaign of course) is giving me Halo: Reach vibes. Not a bad thing at all since that is my Favorite Halo, but still makes me wonder if something groundbreaking is still being held from us by 344i

> 2670661386182421;4:
> I don’t use forge all that myself but I would love to see what people could create with all of this thrown in. If bots are included in forge to some degree, I’d love it if people could create their own campaign missions. I’m not talking cutscenes and custom dialogue (though that would be cool) but something kind of like strikes in Destiny. Just one off PvE missions.

Kind of like making a custom Firefight map but a little bit of plot elements sprinkled in.

We already know we’re getting Undo/Redo as that was confirmed a few years ago, but I’m really curious as to what they have in store. We want to know! Especially what custom game modes they are bringing back.

It’s the scripting I’m looking forward to the most. So much potential…

> 2585548714655118;8:
> It’s the scripting I’m looking forward to the most. So much potential…

I can’t believe I forgot to talk about scripting…

> 2533274870867568;9:
> > 2585548714655118;8:
> > It’s the scripting I’m looking forward to the most. So much potential…
>
> I can’t believe I forgot to talk about scripting…

So much promise!

Hopefully we can select players more accurately. It would be great if we could apply labels in the or game lobby.

Expand traits to include which team and starting weapons.

And more info with each kill. Currently we can only act on a death. If we could work out who was the killer (and how) then this opens up a whole new scripting world.

I just hope that the user interface is friendlier and easier to pick up than 5’s.

I can jump back into 3, 4, and Reach and start forging strait away. When I hop into 5, I feel like I need to spend half an hour or more refamiliarise myself with how it all works.

One thing that sticks out is the lack of a texture on blocks when you spawn them. It would be nice if they spawned with a tangible and defined texture that you can then change.

Drivable. Phantom. And. Pelican.
The closest we’ve gotten to this is group/welding in h5 (another feature i hope to see return.)

H5 has a little of what you mentioned, mostly brush, non military items and rocks, trees, etc. plus scripting for blocks and such. I would like to see the other things you’ve mentioned to, after messing around extensively with Halo 5,4,3, and reach’s forge it could use some other things like you mentioned blocks that you can set dimensions to, destroyed vehicles or ship sections, terrain editor and A.I. pathing which doom 2016 had a really good way of bringing A.I. pathing to console players. One other thing would be actual building prefabs like bunkers, houses, gas stations, etc instead of buildings made by forgers which look great but take up the item limit by a decent amount.