Forge Needs To Be An Offline Feature

Forge needs to be an offline feature too! With it being only an online feature and stuck to a server I think it should be available offline as well dont you guys agree? What do you think on the current attack that happened causing us forgers to lose all of hard earned progress? Btw, my friend made this video, his first try at machinima, I guess you would call it that lol.

Make it happen 343! A lot of people will be happy!

Doesnt anyone agree?

Plenty agree with Forge being offline but realise 343 obviously doesn’t give too hoots to a minority. Offline Forge is a waste of time to me because it means we are basically renting what we create. That would be like renting Lego or something. There would be an uproar if they tried to pull the same nonsense with Minecraft for example as you don’t own your work at that point. A lot of folk wont realise of course the future issues this could bring and happily Forge on ahead oblivious that they don’t actually own whats on their hard drive. I’m sick of even voicing opinions in the hope 343 contributes something on these forums because it’s for nothing

There are no P2P connections in the entire of the game. Everything is on servers except for campaign, and I’m guessing the servers help with processing power especially on forge

I agree with making forge an offline feature. Halo 5 basically has no content if you don’t have xbox live gold membership.

> 2533274887428223;4:
> There are no P2P connections in the entire of the game. Everything is on servers except for campaign, and I’m guessing the servers help with processing power especially on forge

The biggest reason I have for doubting this claim is that MS would have been trumpeting from the rooftops that forge is “NOW ENHANCED WITH THE POWER OF THE CLOUD™” had it been the case. They wouldn’t let free marketing buzzwords slide unused.

I hope they add an offline feature. Come Christmas day, the minority’s problem will become the majority’s problem because of Lizard Squad.

> 2533274928136282;7:
> I hope they add an offline feature. Come Christmas day, the minority’s problem will become the majority’s problem because of Lizard Squad.

Yea that would suck. Did they actually give us a reason to having forge only online??

> 2533274823519895;6:
> > 2533274887428223;4:
> > There are no P2P connections in the entire of the game. Everything is on servers except for campaign, and I’m guessing the servers help with processing power especially on forge
>
>
> The biggest reason I have for doubting this claim is that MS would have been trumpeting from the rooftops that forge is “NOW ENHANCED WITH THE POWER OF THE CLOUD™” had it been the case. They wouldn’t let free marketing buzzwords slide unused.

I am pretty sure the xbox one could handle Forge the way it is because you know it is next gen consoles?

What is the point?.. There’s no local play so apart from campaign there is no reason to play the game of you don’t have gold. But seriously it’s like £30 a year deal with it.

> 2533274857405414;10:
> What is the point?.. There’s no local play so apart from campaign there is no reason to play the game of you don’t have gold. But seriously it’s like £30 a year deal with it.

That’s why they shouldn’t have went the route of Destiny making the game only online, there should have been if not all the features within Halo 5 to be offline except for Matchmaking and File Share browsing. I cant be hoping that the internet going out on me and then losing all my progress on a map that I took hours to build. If that was to happen I would quit together.

> 2533274832183516;11:
> > 2533274857405414;10:
> > What is the point?.. There’s no local play so apart from campaign there is no reason to play the game of you don’t have gold. But seriously it’s like £30 a year deal with it.
>
>
> That’s why they shouldn’t have went the route of Destiny making the game only online, there should have been if not all the features within Halo 5 to be offline except for Matchmaking and File Share browsing. I cant be hoping that the internet going out on me and then losing all my progress on a map that I took hours to build. If that was to happen I would quit together.

Yep… DANIEL’s way of thinking is bad. Its so restrictive and limits the player from accessing things he should be able to access even if it is by themselves. They bought the game knowing they are going to playing by themselves and with friends. People wouldn’t like dealing with it if they got better things to do and for them to waste money on an online only feature that isn’t reliable to stay online it defeats the purpose. Mistakes were made…

It’s a waste of time voicing anything about this here or anywhere else because we’re just a minority. 343 would soon listen up if we were a majority moaning but as we’re not we may as well suck it up.

For what it’s worth:

> We are investigating Forging w/o a server. @pardontomfrench

I know this sounds dumb, but I think some of the Forge running so good has to do with it being on dedicated servers. I remember clear back in Battlefield 3 days they were asking how they were able to do everything they could do since the Xbox 360 only had about 470 useable megs of RAM in it. (It had 512mb of RAM, but something like 40mb were reserved for operating system usage) They always replied it was because of the dedicated servers that EA always had & they couldn’t even do some of the things they did unless they were on dedicated servers. So I’m guessing the Forge was probably built all around having dedicated servers in mind & that’s why it’s tied to an online connection. Maybe not having a Host based connection helps generate lighting faster or keeps the Forge running smoother when there’s lots of people in it.

Thank you.