Forge "NEEDS" these!!

THIS IS NOT A WISH LIST. THESE ARE THINGS HALO 5 FORGE MAY NEED TO MAKE IT IMPROVED, IF NOT ALREADY THOUGHT OF.Hello Spartans, humans, and created alike!

Please review the spoiler at the top of the thread. Thank you!

I am here to list a few things forge seems to “NEED” in order to improve building experience and expand to a bigger abundance of ideas, maps, and prefabrications.
Here comes the list.
Halo 5 Forge’s “NEEDS”:

• Buoyancy for some objects - Vehicle Welding Fixes (No more vehicles flying into space) - Collision Fixes - Script Expansion (ask for a concise description) - Flat map theme expansion (More maps with different themes) - Smarter Forge Spawning in cases for accidental spawn placement or kill objects in place above spawners. - Smart Ungrouping of groups (remove a singular piece rather than ungrouping everything for a small thing.) - Physics Fix (sub-group of “Collision Fixes”) - Generate Shadows Option (for objects you wish to not generate light for to save light-map) - No HUD or cross-hair for taking map screenshots.

Again, some of these might be already in consideration or are being currently worked on, I don’t know.
I am going ahead and listing current issues and suggestions that may be spoken for the community or for myself and a smaller group of the community.
Thank You!

For more in-depth information on what I mean for the “Fixes,” please comment or ask below.
If you already know some reasons, please share them!
Do you agree with some of these, got other ideas, or can deny why some of these should be fixed? Comment/Explain

Good day, every one!

Good list.

Buoyancy feels more like a wishlist item than a hot fix, but maybe it would be easier to do than I think.

On the subject of more maps, I’d like a space map (like Parallax) with a zero-g environment - gravity being added in manually with volumes - and with no fixed up or down orientation - that would be a characteristic of gravity volumes.

Generate shadows option - How is this different from turning light map on or off for a particular object?

Is it too hard to take your screenshots in theater mode?

Lastly, on the subject of scripting I’d say the entire process needs an overhaul. It’s currently far too complicated and achieves extremely unreliable results. Doors that open and close reliabily on proximity should not be virtually impossible to create. Or how about scripts that work properly on groups? And these are just two examples out of dozens I can think of.

Hard to tell where needs end and wishlists begin, but you’re not wrong on any of this.

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Generate shadows option - How is this different from turning light map on or off for a particular object?

Where is the option for this?

> 2533274873843883;2:
> Good list.
>
> Buoyancy feels more like a wishlist item than a hot fix, but maybe it would be easier to do than I think.
>
> On the subject of more maps, I’d like a space map (like Parallax) with a zero-g environment - gravity being added in manually with volumes - and with no fixed up or down orientation - that would be a characteristic of gravity volumes.
>
> Generate shadows option - How is this different from turning light map on or off for a particular object?
>
> Is it too hard to take your screenshots in theater mode?
>
> Lastly, on the subject of scripting I’d say the entire process needs an overhaul. It’s currently far too complicated and achieves extremely unreliable results. Doors that open and close reliabily on proximity should not be virtually impossible to create. Or how about scripts that work properly on groups? And these are just two examples out of dozens I can think of.
>
> Hard to tell where needs end and wishlists begin, but you’re not wrong on any of this.

What about the ungrouping idea? I feel it is important. No one wants to find out they accidentally grouped something in a large creation and then end up having to regroup huge creations. Is this okay or nah?

> 2533274856011418;3:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> > Generate shadows option - How is this different from turning light map on or off for a particular object?
>
> Where is the option for this?

Almost all individual objects on a map have the option to toggle light map on or off through object options. Just look at or grasp the object in question and hit your A button (I think). If the first option is object properties then it’s definitely your A button. Anyhow, the very last thing on the list of object properties (for most objects) is light map. Default is on, but you can switch it off. You probably don’t want to switch off too many objects at once before you do a light bake to see what’s actually going to happen. In many cases nothing happens at all and you know you’re good to go, but once in a while the coloring goes all wonky and you have to turn it back on again. You’ll know more what to expect after you’ve done it a couple of times, but it’s a huge budget saver. Tedious but effective.

> 2533274856011418;4:
> > 2533274873843883;2:
> >
>
> What about the ungrouping idea? I feel it is important. No one wants to find out they accidentally grouped something in a large creation and then end up having to regroup huge creations. Is this okay or nah?

I wouldn’t want to deprive anyone else of this ability, but it wouldn’t likely be of much use to me. I’m old school. I don’t group or weld very often, and when I do I’m hyper careful to make sure I’ve got the things I want and don’t have anything I don’t want. The unforgiving nature of Halo 4 modded canvases taught me to be careful and methodical and to look prior to leaping so I’m less reliant on post-botch helps than I might otherwise be. And in the end we’re only talking about a max of 64 objects. It’s tedious to have to restart a group, but how long does it really take to grasp 64 things in forge?

Which reminds me - I’d really like the cap on groups to be higher. At least double. Maybe more.

9- You can turn off Light Bake for objects.
10- Use theater/machinima