Forge Maps in Matchmaking

I know you guys are going to put forge in Halo 4 because its just a part of Halo now, but I urge you to tone it down from what we have in Halo Reach.

I really feel like Halo 2 had some of the best map selection and I think that its because there was no forge at the time. All of the maps were created special for the game.

Forge maps have no character, some of them have bugs, and I almost always vote for what is NOT forge in matchmaking. They just seems so generic and tacked on. It really makes the experience seem cheap.

i agree, i never really liked forge maps on matchmaking just the ones that shipped with the game. if they are going to include forge created maps in matchmaking they should included in a seperate playlist

You bring up a good point. I definitely felt slighted when forge maps were part of the Halo Reach release. I hope that doesn’t happen again. It’s just a way to artificially boost the number of maps. I would rather they spend less time on the campaign, which people stop playing after a couple of weeks, and put more time into the matchmaking maps.

> Forge maps have no character, some of them have bugs, and I almost always vote for what is NOT forge in matchmaking. They just seems so generic and tacked on. It really makes the experience seem cheap.

I totally agree with this, but I feel like this could be fixed by putting more customizable items and environments in forge. I hate the majority of the forge made maps usually because they’re all bland and gray, even though they aren’t bad maps

> You bring up a good point. I definitely felt slighted when forge maps were part of the Halo Reach release. I hope that doesn’t happen again. It’s just a way to artificially boost the number of maps. I would rather they spend less time on the campaign, which people stop playing after a couple of weeks, and put more time into the matchmaking maps.

I was confused by the lack of maps considering they just ripped all of them out of Campaign… -.-

They definitely need to tone down on the Forge maps though…

If you mean Bungie maps that were availible from day one, like Pinnacle and Sanctuary, then yes I agree with you. I don’t see why they couldn’t have made fully unique environments to go with the maps.

But community maps like Think Twice and Chateau were made by the community, and I think it’s really cool that Bungie (and 343i) take the time to not only acknowledge the community but implement their content as well.

But I wouldn’t mind too much if they were constricted to their own playlist like Community Slayer. As long as they stay in MM somehow.

I agree with the idea that all maps shipped with the game should be made without forge. Although, some forged maps can be fun from time to time in matchmaking, but these should have their own playlist.

I thought most of the forge maps from reach were great. Now that Halo 4 is out, it is very disappointing to see the forge maps missing from matchmaking. Forge is much easier and more diverse this time around. With an endless supply of free battlefields, maybe 343 is worried they will lose money on their map packs. I wish there were some way to submit my maps for matchmaking. Check Fileshare for Chronmeister

This thread is revived :confused:

Anyways, I think Forge maps would be amazing for Halo 4, but I think they’re awful for Reach :stuck_out_tongue:

At this point, I really hope they put them in… I’ve gotten tired of the same maps in Matchmaking.

Forged maps would be AMAZING in matchmaking, bot ONLY in their own category. This way people can play normal maps when they want and forged maps when they want.

We need more 4vs4 maps.

Even if they added them to halo 4 matchmaking, it wouldn’t matter. You’d still just get stuck playing haven, exile or ragnarok.

thats true