Forge map sharing and files browsing.

Does anyone know about that? I really hope there will be an ingame file browser for forged map and, a list of the most popular maps for each day, week, month. There could be categories too, like competitive, games, big team battle, race etc… When you upload your map you could choose the categories and when you download a map you could rate it.

We should know within a few days!

> 2535468947915585;2:
> We should know within a few days!

We can hope

Yep. Hopefully there will be at least a decent system for the map sharing and downloading, but its highly likely that there will be nothing like always. :frowning:

At least I’m not going to bother creating or downloading any maps if I have to find them from some community web sites and promote mine there as well.

For comparison, when I created something with Trials Evolution/Fusion editor and shared it to Track Central, I got on average about 5000 downloads in a few days, but with Halo maps I’ve just gotten about 10 on average even though I promoted them at Forge Hub. So you can see why its not motivating to spend hundreds of hours creating something when there’s no-one to play it.

> 2533274794596852;4:
> Yep. Hopefully there will be at least a decent system for the map sharing and downloading, but its highly likely that there will be nothing like always. :frowning:
>
> At least I’m not going to bother creating or downloading any maps if I have to find them from some community web sites and promote mine there as well.
>
> For comparison, when I created something with Trials Evolution/Fusion editor and shared it to Track Central, I got on average about 5000 downloads in a few days, but with Halo maps I’ve just gotten about 10 on average even though I promoted them at Forge Hub. So you can see why its not motivating to spend hundreds of hours creating something when there’s no-one to play it.

Can’t even see how many downloads we’re getting for MCC maps. Very frustrating. Considering they’ve greatly exceeded my expectations for forge (other than the delay), I’m expecting them to overhaul the H3/Reach/H4 file browser. I remember when MCC was about to come out I thought to myself “please don’t let it be the outdated system from Halo 3 again…”, and to my surprise they elected to go with no file browser at all!