Forge Map Pack - 25 Maps with ALL gametypes

Introducing the first “Map Pack” made from the community to the community.

I have set up all these maps to have weapons on map and ALL gametypes working except grif ball (because there is no point). I have spent almost 2 months and $25 putting this together for everyone to enjoy :smiley:

Gamertag: Forge Map Pack

Tutorial to download maps

Here is the map roster:
Turf

Construct

Guardian

Burial Mounds

Warlock

Derelect

Tombstone

Colossus

Ivory Tower

Narrows

Sanctuary

Elongation

Discord

The pit

Rat Race

Lockout

Orbital Foundation

Celestial Fringe - Monoxide89

Cairo - Monoxide89

Inkaterra - Monoxide89

Contact - Squally DaBeanz

Oasis - Squally DaBeanz

Ascension -Mx957

Railway - FoRgE iNsANiity

Cold Storage - Darkprince909

Please comment and leave your opinion.
Thank you everyone that contributed :smiley:

UPDATE

Ok… to all the people who feel “offended” my apologies. I have not had time to check this since I posted it, But on a real note… Idk what the big deal is? I tried to add all of these people but they rather
( A ) did not accept it.
or
( B ) There friends list is full at the time of trying to add them.

I had to play test, forge, and do everything BY MY SELF. It is hard to get a hold of people especially when your running through literally 75-100 maps trying to choose and distinguish which ones I wanted to use and often forget who forged them mixed up. I tried to give credit the best I could. (If you are not satisfied with your creds let me know)

I started this as a PRIVATE thing just for my friends and I. Someone suggested that there should be a “one stop get all” gamertag. I ASSUMED people would enjoy having there maps available to all. The reason that I changed “Orbital drops” to “weapons on map” is that, Orbital drops if NOT used in a reasonable manner the map becomes cluttered with symbols and useless info like 2x Frags 50 feet from you along with 15 other weapons. When this is not necessary. you can 90% of the time SEE grenades and you will MOST defiantly see a weapon lying on the ground that you would want. Also when you actually play these maps with ordnance drops it takes away the value of game play by adding all this stuff you dont need on your hud and ultimately Killing some of these beautiful maps with just awful presentation with EVERY weapon on the map using a orbital drops. I changed them to also give a since of nostalgia, better focused gameplay and correct weapon placements.

The reason that I changed GAMETYPES was so that they work with all the DEFAULT gametypes launched with the game. People don’t really take into consideration that not everyone wants to play JUST ONE gametype. There are A LOT of people who play on these maps and look at these forge maps and say “WOW what an amazing map. TO BAD THERE IS NOT EXTRACTION OR ANY OTHER OBJECTIVE!!!” or “I would play that map but its not set up for anything decent.” or “what the hell this doesnt spawn here.” i also received similar complaints about orbital drop placement. I am hearing problems with slayer pro and weapon placements (which I am working on)… I honestly don’t know what to tell you people who have this complaint. slayer pro doesn’t allow weapons on map and I can only forge so much.

The reason that I RE-DESIGNED, moved parts of the maps, or added lights were to help with gameplay. For instance TURF. I moved the boxes SLIGHTLY to the right so that when trying to drive the hog you are not getting stuck on every little thing making the hog pretty much useless. However if you do basic simple VERY LIGHT alterations it can have HUGE effect on how game-play works. I’ll be honest the only reason I added lights was for the sake of making the maps “look cool” and “call outs” as well as trying to boost whoever map I edited to appeal to the majority of the public.

I AM NOT TRYING TO CLAIM ANY WORK AS MY OWN!

I have also put out money… TO PROMOTE YOUR MAPS! If you are un-happy about the changes I am sorry. The only thing I tried to do is make these maps not only available but appealing to the public. If you have any other questions or comments feel free to send me a msg on xbox live as I do not have access to this at all times, Thank you.

Gamertag: Monoxide89
Gamertag: Forge Map Pack

Ps. AwTheHumanity working on putting your correct gamertag in there. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for burial mounds it’s an amazing map. I only changed it for the better :smiley:

NP Vincent

Keep up the great work everyone :slight_smile:

UPDATE 1/1/13

So, I have fixed some things that people have been telling me they are not to fond of.

Guardian - Frame rate issues fixed, AA’s and Radar fixed, Sniper time fixed.

Burial mounds - Description changed to have AwTheHumanity as the original map maker.

Cold Storage - Frame rate issues fixed, Scenery added above rockets to resemble Cold storage light, and Changed purple back to yellow(for creators sake) :smiley:

Thanks again everyone.

If you have a Map feel free to shoot it my way as I can update the map pack and IF I find a map that should be on this I will update it. That or do a seasonal thing where I would update the roster every few months. I honestly dont know where it will go in the future but who knows. Just make maps… and good ones for everyone to enjoy. :smiley:

HAPPY NEW YEAR (personal new years resolution: Get a life.)

so any opinions?

deleted post

I honestly think the next step for Halo will be to allow the community to create maps. Maybe a map editor tool where you can pick from a library of features to build terrain and objects on a blank template, something more expansive than forge. Maybe a one time 20-30 dollar download for access to user created content or something. Even a system to implement the most popular into matchmaking would be very cool.

Awesome! Thanks!

deleted post

This seems really cool.

Oh yay…more old maps…again.

If you want a new map to play on, check out my file share and download my map, Hubris.

343i should put this maps on Matchmaking :smiley:

> 343i should put this maps on Matchmaking :smiley:

No definitely not. They wouldn’t work well with the new gameplay and even if they did, I’m tired of playing them. If I want to play them (yet again!) I’ll pop on other Halo games I have sitting on my shelf at this very moment. I want fresh experiences, and fresh maps.

I downloaded them, most of them are great I only have a couple complaints.

1. Weapons on maps don’t seem to work right. They have to be world ordinance drops. When I load up a slayer pro on construct there are no weapons to pick up. In Construct Sniper/sword spawn has to be an ordinance on a timer. This is my main complaint. Some great maps but they have no weapons to pick up and don’t respawn on timers when they aren’t spawned by ordinance. The ones with the traditional weapon spawns dropped by ordinance are great. This is my main complaint.

2. Cold Storage and Construct look great but a few things are off. Construct at bottom gold lift is missing the 2 corner lips near the power drainer spawn in Halo 3, and on Cold Storage the ledges outside of sniper room seem very close together. This is a very minor complaint, and a horrible explanation.

Other then that all the maps are very good remakes and the ones that aren’t classic Halo remakes look like they work well, and could be a lot of fun. My only real issue is the maps that have weapons placed on maps I see through forge, than I run a custom slayer pro and they are gone. The maps that have the ordinance weapons seem to work right.

> > 343i should put this maps on Matchmaking :smiley:
>
> No definitely not. They wouldn’t work well with the new gameplay and even if they did, I’m tired of playing them. If I want to play them (yet again!) I’ll pop on other Halo games I have sitting on my shelf at this very moment. I want fresh experiences, and fresh maps.

Have fun playing Haven and Exile… again lol

Haven is the only good map in Halo 4 so I don’t mind it being voted on 9/10 times

Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

cant wait to download them too bad there wasn’t a fileshare search like bungie has here on waypoint

>
> No definitely not. They wouldn’t work well with the new gameplay and even if they did, I’m tired of playing them. If I want to play them (yet again!) I’ll pop on other Halo games I have sitting on my shelf at this very moment. <mark>I want fresh experiences, and fresh maps</mark>.

Don’t you ever think that others don’t?

To the OP however, I have created throwback gametypes so I’ll download these later.

> > > 343i should put this maps on Matchmaking :smiley:
> >
> > No definitely not. They wouldn’t work well with the new gameplay and even if they did, I’m tired of playing them. If I want to play them (yet again!) I’ll pop on other Halo games I have sitting on my shelf at this very moment. <mark>I want fresh experiences, and fresh maps</mark>.
>
> Don’t you ever think that others don’t?
>
> To the OP however, I have created throwback gametypes so I’ll download these later.

Don’t mind him. Hes got his 343i T-shirt on and coffee mug by his side.

Every decision they make is perfect. Halo 4 has the best Halo maps in history, Halo 4’s CTF changes are the best things to happen to CTF like the removal of 1 flag, streamlined rotational playlists in matchmaking ensuring nobody is happy but him, big unbalanced maps, CoD gimmicks, explosions, and at the end of the match everybody is a winner. Best game evar!!!

You should post these on 343industries website so they can see how good they are. Maybe(hopefully) they would even consider using them in matchmaking.

Great to hear most of maps I like are in the map pack… but unforntunelly I wont getting it cuz I dont have friends that play Halo 4, so Im a lone wolf in matchmaking.

>
> No definitely not. They wouldn’t work well with the new gameplay and even if they did, I’m tired of playing them. If I want to play them (yet again!) I’ll pop on other Halo games I have sitting on my shelf at this very moment. I want fresh experiences, and fresh maps.

I can’t believe someone would be satisfied with the curreent Halo 4 maps. You have such low standards.

Also you can’t just pop in an old Halo such as Halo CE or halo 2 and enjoy the maps because you’re just going to be running around the maps by yourself.

> Introducing the first “Map Pack” made from the community to the community.
>
> I have set up all these maps to have weapons on map and ALL gametypes working except grif ball (because there is no point). I have spent almost 2 months and $25 putting this together for everyone to enjoy :smiley:
>
> Gamertag: Forge Map Pack
>
> Tutorial to download maps
>
>
> Here is the map roster:
> Turf
>
> Construct
>
> Guardian
>
> Burial Mounds
>
> Warlock
>
> Derelect
>
> Tombstone
>
> Colossus
>
> Ivory Tower
>
> Narrows
>
> Sanctuary
>
> Elongation
>
> Discord
>
> The pit
>
> Rat Race
>
> Lockout
>
> Orbital Foundation
>
> Celestial Fringe - Monoxide89
>
> Cairo - Monoxide89
>
> Inkaterra - Monoxide89
>
> Contact - Squally DaBeanz
>
> Oasis - Squally DaBeanz
>
> Ascension -Mx957
>
> Railway - FoRgE iNsANiity
>
> Cold Storage - Darkprince909
>
> Please comment and leave your opinion.
> Thank you everyone that contributed :smiley:

I noticed you don’t have The Cage from Halo Reach on the list.

I think the person who made it is called Abstyler. Map name Uncaged, check it out I think its worthy of adding to your list.