Forge Map Issues

Ok I spent some time away from Reach only recently returning however I keep having an issue that keeps happening to my forge created maps. When I first came back I had 3 maps that the game somehow had linked all together when I would select any of them for a custom game they would all load just the one map. I tried restarting, deleting my cache etc and it still did it. When I went into forge no matter what map I chose it would still load up just that one. I thought maybe those maps had somehow been corrupted while I was gone so I deleted them and started to re create them. Then today two other maps that I have that worked fine started doing the exact same thing, the one map which I just recently downloaded from bungie.net is now merged with another map I started making and now only one of them will technically load even though on my maps list it shows both maps. Any idea what causes this and how I can fix it?

It’s database corruption. Reach’s inability to competently manage saved data on the hard drive is well-known. The causes are not known and there is no fix.

Nothing you can do. Sorry, mate.

So in other words im doomed to not have any maps I can make and save ever? Since I last posted it corrupted another map of mine… this isnt why I stopped playing reach in the first place but I came back just for custom games but apparently I cant do that either…

> So in other words im doomed to not have any maps I can make and save ever? Since I last posted it corrupted another map of mine… this isnt why I stopped playing reach in the first place but I came back just for custom games but apparently I cant do that either…

If the problem doesn’t straighten out in a few days, if the Title Update doesn’t fix Reach’s inability to perform basic tasks that an iPod can perform, and if no one else has any other ideas…

…Then your only recourse would be to try deleting all of your Reach data off of your hard drive completely. If the database is corrupted, then nuke the database – and everything it points to – and force Reach to make a new one from scratch.

Following that suggestion is, obviously, irreversible and will, obviously, destroy all of your (inaccessible) data, so do look for other alternatives before you try it.

Thanks for the input.