Forge Lost All its credability and Creativity

I recently decided to forge a map on Halo 4 and it came to my attention that within Halo 4 there is no Blank Canvas Map where you could just create anything. There are no premade structures, and every map has a restriction on what you can use for example Ragnarak won’t let you use walls. I find this very sad. Of course the budget is there to restrict what you can make but why further it more by having limited items you can use?

I think forge needs a umph. Online Halo Reach Custom Games were great, it was great to see all the great maps people created on blank canvas maps etc. it was fun. Now I just play any standed map and no one even cares about forge anymore.

True, it blows.

You can delete all objects in the forge “edit mode” options anyway, so having a canvas for each map is redundant.

I have no idea what you’re talking about, Forge is fine.

Nobody cares about forge anymore because you can’t forge a map on valhalla?

Don’t know, don’t post. Try forgehub.com. Look at the vast array of maps. Loo at This and look at This

People are still clearly forging great maps.

The forge isnt perfect but it is still a far ways away from being terrible. The maps they gave us are good for almost anything. (The one main exception beign the lame noob cross mappers from Halo Reach) They added in some great stuff too. The forge is fine, customs however need a huge addon. The lack of forge world is actually OK by me because of the 3 different themes for the new maps, it increases creativity.

What I meant is, the creativity of the forge maps are all kill kill, there are no more duck hunts, run for your life, indianna jones, get out of my house maps that most people enjoyed.

> What I meant is, the creativity of the forge maps are all kill kill, there are no more duck hunts, run for your life, indianna jones, get out of my house maps that most people enjoyed.

I have a ton of infection maps and 2 duck hunt maps. I have trash man, boogeyman, jeep creep, dude you are missing out. Forge is fine, actually it’s better imo. I see people on here trying to recuit people to play customs and get no reply and then see people complaining about custom with only 3 games played. Ducain23 on youtube make videos of good halo4 maps and do maps of the week and alot of race maps I get all my race maps from his videos, you should look em up.

Also no checkpoints for jump and race maps…

Y-Wings

Star Destroyer’s

Starwars Battlefront.

Forge can get improvments, but to say that it is lacking creativity and is dead. You silly. XD

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTZxMsb1so&list=FLG6jw5NO3_rplJB6ced26Vw&index=5
>
> Y-Wings
>
> Star Destroyer’s
>
> Starwars Battlefront.
>
> Forge can get improvments, but to say that it is lacking creativity and is dead. You silly. XD

sweet map I’m going to add it.

> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdTZxMsb1so&list=FLG6jw5NO3_rplJB6ced26Vw&index=5
> >
> > Y-Wings
> >
> > Star Destroyer’s
> >
> > Starwars Battlefront.
> >
> > Forge can get improvments, but to say that it is lacking creativity and is dead. You silly. XD
>
> sweet map I’m going to add it.

I did just recently. It’s designed for Dominion. Make sure you do that or else you can’t fly the banshees. It’s sweet though.

> I have no idea what you’re talking about, Forge is fine.

No precision editing, no zoom in monitor mode, obnoxious ambient noise when in monitor mode, dynamic lighting glitches, ordinance spawning glitches, no good flat open forgeable space, removal of the Covenant deployed energy shied, Covenant barriers, glass sail forge pieces, items randomly get nudged out of place after saving and reloading, no working file browser… Forge took a HUGE step back with H4.

> > I have no idea what you’re talking about, Forge is fine.
>
> No precision editing, no zoom in monitor mode, obnoxious ambient noise when in monitor mode, dynamic lighting glitches, ordinance spawning glitches, no good flat open forgeable space, removal of the Covenant deployed energy shied, Covenant barriers, glass sail forge pieces, items randomly get nudged out of place after saving and reloading, no working file browser… Forge took a HUGE step back with H4.

The lack of a flat open forgeable space is my biggest problem. Most of the maps made use an random space away from the terrain of the map, with the floor being entirely made up of structure pieces. Having a flat terrain would solve this. I mean, what good is the terrain if most of it is unusable.

And why can’t we go near the water? The kill boundries are ridiculous in this game.

I just feel it’s ridiculous because they added nothing new in terms of structure. Magnets are great, the lighting is a very great touch, but lacking any new structures to play with doesn’t make me very excited.

And Forge world was a big deal. You had choices throughout the entire thing.
The smaller maps, while nice for scenery, feel rather limiting in terms of what you can and cant do.

In Reach you couldn’t Forge proper structures on most maps. Forge has always been limited.

Halo 4 Forge lost a few features but overall I like it best. Magnets are a blessing and if you know how to handle them right, they can be great for tweaking things. Duplications, labels and locking are all brilliant. Having three Forge dedicated maps is great. Maps don’t feel quite so repetitive. I far prefer these to Forge World. The only issue with this is map specific features. I see no reason why the station pieces shouldn’t be useable elsewhere, same with the pipes.

The major problems for me are ones that have existed from the start, ie:

-one palette (used to be Forerunner, now UNSC)

-no glue and copy. I don’t know how many times I’ve wanted two (or more) identical structures made of a number of pieces. Recreating them is tedious and often causes me to loose interest.

-undeleteable objects/terrain. This existed in Forge World, though usually in the form of rocks. The large Forerunner structure on Ravine is the worst offender. (This is probably my biggest gripe with Halo 4 forger, you can’t even build in it without things looking out of place due to their only being one Forerunner object)

-lack of natural objects. The Timberland remake finally gave us trees but now we’re just back to a small collection of rocks.

Personally I think the most restrictive part of Forge is the lack of a terrain editor and a completely blank, flat featureless map.

> What I meant is, the creativity of the forge maps are all kill kill, there are no more duck hunts, run for your life, indianna jones, get out of my house maps that most people enjoyed.

Every single one of those you mentioned have already been remade… And more have been created.

It’s worse than Reach’s forge which is completely unintelligible.

I think it’s good. It only lacks of making certain gametypes.

Eh, forge on halo reach wasn’t all that great, remember when everyone was complaining about the bland, grey maps?