Forge looks exciting

I’ve been following some forgers on Twitter and some of the stuff they’ve been creating looks great:

New equipment - one guy created a droppable Spartan launcher.

New weapons - a BR firing rocket rounds for example

New maps - some really pristine recreations of the silent hill trailer, or what looked like the Verdansk Storage town area.

Action sack variants - hard to explain but scripted fall guys like modes.

I’m actually really excited for forge. There is potential for new maps being released off the bat and for the content drought to be supplemented by some really passionate community members.

1 Like

I was watching some youtube vids on the plane home.

I was almost giggling with excitement.

Can’t wait to get my hands on the script editor.

Just hope that we get the tools we need to support the talent out there. I know a custom game browser is probably unrealistic off the bat - so we at least need a solid search engine and way of spotlighting community favourites.

And a separate forum here on Waypoint so we can help each other build and find the maps and games we need.

1 Like

It looks a lot of fun and just what Infinite needs, but my main concern is how accessible will these creations be? Will we be also be swamped by community content that it will be hard to find fun stuff? I don’t have time to play Halo all day, so would be nice if the game provided a showcase of custom maps, like community favourites.

2 Likes

Yeah, fair shout. There’s some new equipment coming too. The shroudscreen (basically a bubble shield that is not impenetrable at either side, is also invisible either side) looks like fun - especially since it is fired

Halo Infinite looked exciting 10 months ago. Then it came out and the excitement took a nosedive because so much of it was missing or broken (and still is).

Now Forge looks exciting… But will it hold that excitement when it actually releases? The excitement will die fast if they don’t fix the Custom Games settings and add a Custom Games Browser.

1 Like

I have seen alot of the forge videos. You can do just about anything to the weapons and vehicles. Some look great some look really silly and most likely I would not put in a map. I can’t wait to get the grubby little hands on Forge. :slightly_smiling_face:

Peace! :fist_right: :fist_left:

Well I just found out how to make my AMMO BOX ( script ) so the ammo box will resupply ammo for any weapon for any user. Then after I create the ammo box I will be able make it a ammo box prefab.

The only problem is I don’t have Forge right now :slightly_frowning_face: . I hope it comes out next month so I can make my ammo box prefab.

Peace! :fist_right: :fist_left:

If I’ve learned anything from 343 over the last decade, it is to not get excited over anything they show or tell us about, no matter how good it looks from the outside.