Forge: Lift Points

Making lifts take players through a set of points would allow forgers to use just one lift instead of many lifts and one way shield doors to get players where they want.

I’m not exactly sure what you mean, OP.

Are you trying to say that there should be some type of defined end point for a lift that’s editable?

> I’m not exactly sure what you mean, OP.
>
> Are you trying to say that there should be some type of defined end point for a lift that’s editable?

Not just an end point but also points in between start point and end point.

> > I’m not exactly sure what you mean, OP.
> >
> > Are you trying to say that there should be some type of defined end point for a lift that’s editable?
>
> Not just an end point but also points in between start point and end point.

How would that work exactly?

Would my player model move in different directions as I’m going through the motion of the lift?

I love this idea. Like if you tried to make a pit remake you had to use the shield doors since the lifts would either send you way to high or barely lift you off the ground.
This should be in Halo 5 for sure and hopefully is already in Halo 4.

> > > I’m not exactly sure what you mean, OP.
> > >
> > > Are you trying to say that there should be some type of defined end point for a lift that’s editable?
> >
> > Not just an end point but also points in between start point and end point.
>
> How would that work exactly?
>
> Would my player model move in different directions as I’m going through the motion of the lift?

A forger could make the player follow any path he chooses. The path would be determined by where the forger placed the “Lift Points”.

he means like dev map lifts, no matter where you enter them they catch you and take you up.

i personally don’t care for lifts, i don’t like seeing them in maps personally how ever lifts like you see on the dev maps are going to be 10x better then the crap we currently have in reach.

Can’t teleporters already do something similar, with the start and end points as you ask?

> Can’t teleporters already do something similar, with the start and end points as you ask?

No teleporters cannot do what I am describing. Plus they are teleporters, not lifts. Completely different gameplay wise.