Forge (Leader) base design

Okay we all know forge will be a leader in multiplayer but we all know he is dead or at least mia.

So he wouldn’t have access to the new base design. So I think it would be cool if they kept the HW1 base design for forge only. It would make sense and the ppl who don’t like the new design will have something more to there taste.

Edit* (I also think HW1 arbiter will be in the game since he was the biggest part of the story on the covenant side)

> 2533274968042384;1:
> Okay we all know forge will be a leader in multiplayer but we all know he is dead or at least mia.
>
> So he wouldn’t have access to the new base design. So I think it would be cool if they kept the HW1 base design for forge only. It would make sense and the ppl who don’t like the new design will have something more to there taste.

forge is not going to be a leader in hw2. it’s cutter anders and isabel.
I most probably spelt that wring lol

but the I want the old design and I hope they explain why the changed happened?

> There was an Xbox stream just now, and on it they were playing Halo wars 2 blitz. During the stream, one of the guys said that Forge is a DLC character that will for a limited time be free following the game’s release meaning they will lock him from everybody later and have you pay for access.If you want to hear it for yourself, I can link you Xbox’s stream but you will have to find out when they say it yourself.

From another thread.

I haven’t seen the stream nor heard the comment for myself though.

EDIT:
Image of Forge in Halo Wars 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5d53f9/forge_is_a_leader_in_halo_wars_2/

He has been confirmed as a leader I’m just saying it would be neat if they kept the old design for him.

Forge Cannonically, is dead. I’m doubting he will have a unique base design for reasons that wouldn’t make sense in the cannon; I reckon he will have special units and powers and that’s all.

How would that not make sense in cannon he died well before the new base design was in use. So having the new design would make no sense at all except we didn’t want to do the extra work to revamp the old design.

In the stream one of the guys said that Sgt Forge would only be usable in the Blitz gamemode! So its unlikely he even has a base at all.
I was actually really excited to see him playable in multiplayer but it seems he and possibly all other DLC leaders will be Blitz only!!

> 2533274968042384;6:
> How would that not make sense in cannon he died well before the new base design was in use. So having the new design would make no sense at all except we didn’t want to do the extra work to revamp the old design.

Forge being a leader doesn’t make sense as it is, because he’s dead. But you know what? Muliplayer isn’t canon, so they can do anything they want to do.

> 2533274828319590;7:
> In the stream one of the guys said that Sgt Forge would only be usable in the Blitz gamemode! So its unlikely he even has a base at all.
> I was actually really excited to see him playable in multiplayer but it seems he and possibly all other DLC leaders will be Blitz only!!

I don’t remember there being a blitz only part when they mentioned him but I could be wrong.

> 2533274808386392;8:
> > 2533274968042384;6:
> > How would that not make sense in cannon he died well before the new base design was in use. So having the new design would make no sense at all except we didn’t want to do the extra work to revamp the old design.
>
> Forge being a leader doesn’t make sense as it is, because he’s dead. But you know what? Muliplayer isn’t canon, so they can do anything they want to do.

Yeah people have a hard time believing multiplayer is not cannon and the parts that do say it’s cannon says it’s a simulation meaning they will practice thousands of scenarios to learn to adapt.

Forge died by starting up a slipspace reactor inside a planet that was planet size on the outside, and solar system size on the inside… that has teleportation technology.

Wouldn’t really be a huge stretch to be able to rescue him from the Warden Eternal at some point.

I agree with you Open Poster. It would make no -Yoink- sense if Forge is only for the Blitz mode. Why create an entire faction just for one mode. That would be the dumbest. The funny thing is that it does indeed make more sense for Forge to have the Halo Wars 1 base look. However it should not be taken straight from the first game into the second one. It would look so out of place I wouldn’t know what to say about it.

They would have to do some adjustements but in the end it would still be the same from Halo Wars 1. It would look different but still look the same to an extent just so it fits with Halo Wars 2.

The devs already said Forge is only there for Blitz mode. They also said that everyone will be getting him for free during the early stages of the games release for a limited time, meaning if you pick up the game later you are going to have to pay for him as a DLC leader.

> 2533274861556949;11:
> I agree with you Open Poster. It would make no -Yoink- sense if Forge is only for the Blitz mode. Why create an entire faction just for one mode. That would be the dumbest. The funny thing is that it does indeed make more sense for Forge to have the Halo Wars 1 base look. However it should not be taken straight from the first game into the second one. It would look so out of place I wouldn’t know what to say about it.
>
> They would have to do some adjustements but in the end it would still be the same from Halo Wars 1. It would look different but still look the same to an extent just so it fits with Halo Wars 2.

Yeah I’m not expecting them to just copy and paste it lol graphical improvements to fit the new game of course.