Forge Laziness

(A little bit of a rant)
I really love with the advancements of next generation consoles companies seem to think it’s okay to ship unfinished products…
Like why are people okay with this?

I’m sure there’s gonna be plenty of halo fan boys that will tear me apart about speaking my mind but guess what, I’m one of those fan boys! It’s not even just halo, so don’t call me a 343 hater or any of that bull. I’m one of the people who have actually been giving them a chance and defending them when others hate on them.

(The problem)
Regardless, I’m starting to have issues with how they operate…but keep in mind everything that I say about them can definitely be applied to almost any other game industry that you can think of.

Okay, so I had made the comment that I didn’t like how companies seem to be shipping “unfinished products”. What do I mean by this? Well, a perfect example I’m sure many of you have noticed is how forge isn’t yet playable in halo 5. Like…why…in the world… is this not up and running. Don’t even bother trying to sway me on this being okay because it’s not.

Lemme get a little old school on some of the newer generations. Back in my day we could purchase new games for $50.00 and they were COMPLETE! For the most part…besides dlc, Other then that though, games were shipped complete. Today companies will ship games that aren’t even finished but justify their laziness because they can just put out an update later. UmmMmMM HElLO?! nO!! NOt OkAY!!

The main reason that updates are even a thing is to put out hot fixes to deal with exploits or bugs. NOT SO THAT YOU CAN LIE TO THE COMMUNITY AND SAY THINGS LIKE “building the biggest forge yet”…so it’s okay that we don’t ship it on time. People should NOT be Okay with this. If this forge is truly suppose to be to that scale then sorry you should have delayed the game, not put out a rushed product.

I would also like to point out real quick that Halo:MCC matchmaking was another similar issue. Game is in production for a long time and when it’s finally time for release no one can find online matches. Halo 5 forge not being complete when the game is is no different.

Even though this is what I think I’m sure everyone has their own thoughts, so what does the community think?

I just want to point out, they kinda added a lot of new -Yoink- to forge. In some cases built it from the ground up. They could’ve released it at launch or they could hit their launch window

Well, it isn’t a lie that this will be the biggest forge yet, because it will.
Check out this topic:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/the-big-forge-topic/11dd727c-4668-4513-bb85-8d6e4ddf7323/posts?page=1#post14

Yes, they could have delayed the game. But they could also release the game and then delay one part of it. What’s the difference.
For a fact, you can now play games earlier thn games from “back in the days”. Today, everything is about DLC. So with halo 5’s forge, same thing. But this one is free :wink:

Would you rather them delay an entire game or just hold one small part of it to make it the most badass forge yet?

I am a major forge-er (like giant building projects kinda big) and I can gladly wait for a thing that will blow my underpants off.

If you read what I typed yes, I’d rather they delay it an ship it in full

> In the past, Halo games have constantly taken steps forward with the amount of content present in each game (all complete and fully operational at launch I might add).
>
> Halo: Combat Evolved (2001 at $49.99):
>
> - Full Singleplayer (with 2-player Co-op) - Split-Screen Multiplayer - LAN MultiplayerHalo 2 (2004 at $49.99):
>
> - Full Singleplayer(with 2-player Co-op) - Split-Screen Multiplayer - LAN multiplayer - Xbox LIVE Multiplayer - Enhanced Custom Game Options and Character Customization OptionsHalo 3 (2007 at $59.99):
>
> - Full Singleplayer (with 2 player Co-op) - Split-Screen Multiplayer - LAN multiplayer - Xbox LIVE multiplayer - Giant leap in Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options - 4 Player Campaign Co-op over Xbox LIVE - Forge Mode - File Sharing - Theater (including campaign theater)Halo: Reach (2010 at $59.99):
>
> - Full Singleplayer (with 2 player Co-op) - Split-Screen Multiplayer - LAN multiplayer - Xbox LIVE multiplayer - Another giant leap in Custom Game Options and Character Customization Options - 4 Player Campaign Co-op over Xbox LIVE - Greatly Enhanced Forge Mode - File Sharing - Theater (including campaign theater) - Firefight(skip forward five years)
>
> Halo 5: Guardians (2015 still at $59.99) (at launch):
>
> - Full Singleplayer (SOLO ONLY) - NO SPLIT-SCREEN SUPPORT - NO LAN MULTIPLAYER SUPPORT - Xbox LIVE multiplayer - Enormous STEP DOWN in Custom Game Options - Character Customization Options - 4 Player Campaign Co-op over Xbox LIVE - NO FORGE MODE - NO FILE SHARING - Theater (not including campaign theater) - NO CO-OP MODE (FIREFIGHT)

This lack of content is my biggest problem with Halo 5 right now. It holds the game back so much for me, which is a shame considering how well 343i did with improving gameplay and multiplayer from Halol 4.

We just gotta keep criticizing 343i for their failure with this launch and hope they don’t make the same mistake with Halo 6 and beyond.

I completely agree, companies are really not actually thinking about putting their best foot forward now. Forge is a crucial part of Halo now and its not there. Regardless of it still coming out, it should have been out already. Following their same logic that they apply to an unfinished arena and custom game mode, they should have released at least one forge map and its programing.

Arena is still gonna add all of the playlist from past generations, but they have the base program down and I don’t understand why they haven’t just tweaked their already there settings for BTB, infection, Fiesta, etc. If your going to withhold content, at least be like bungie and release one every week. It is also very lazy that if they do not have these things already set to launch as they have had years to work on simple things like this.

For custom games, you can really tell that it’s unfinished as there are very little options on how a game mode can me modified. Yes I know there are a lot of new options to modify, but the classic options are not all there, and it really limits are plans for new modes. Secondly all the provided maps are 4v4. Not a single map has vehicles, or supports more than a total of 8 players(This last part may be false because I have not tested this yet). They didn’t even have the decency to give us pre-loaded custom maps that showcases their new weapons, power boosts, and vehicles. We can’t even enjoy having large parties of people in custom games while we wait for the rest of our fully paid game to be given to us.

Ignoring the fact that they have developed very iconic and systems of playing and have not included them such as load outs, and armor abilities more than the ones built into our suits, we paid for this game. We paid for Halo 5 and all its amenities and core aspects(baring that which is labeled as DLC)to be given to us on release day. We paid for forge to be given to us with the game and they are not delivering as they promised. That is the problem.

This is by far the thing I hate most about modern AAA games, they seem to release with less and less content, Halo 5 is lacking so many things for me an no reskinning your assets and boosting stats isn’t content! I would enjoy this game 100% more if they delayed it but I fear that because of the lack of content it will get washed away under my game radar even when they add the new content I mightn’t bkthet to come back.

I love Halo & Halo 5 so much but I just can’t keep interest if there is nothing interesting to do

They think about money an players. In the case of unfinished game being shipped think about the co op an multiplayer bugs an glitches being reported. The forge dlc will fix numerous issues with the core game that were unknown during development. As well as add the new forge mode which is bigger than the forge bungie made. So sit down, shut up, and play the game.

it’s free, it’s coming, and it looks incredible

It was nice to see that 343i learned from a lot of their mistakes since Halo 4, but they still have a lot of recent trends in the dev industry that they definitely need to stray away from. This is one of the big ones.

I don’t mind waiting a little longer for Forge myself, but it’s still highly unprofessional and rubs off the wrong way on the consumers. That goes for the current lack of playlists and maps too.

Seriously, they have had three years to work on this game. It’s a step forward but we should be so much further than now. Let’s hope Halo 6 is a little closer to where we deserve to be.

I would agree with this topic if we had to pay for Forge when it was ready but we don’t have to pay for it, the only thing you need to shell out is patience. Saying you would rather them delay the entire game until forge was ready is ridiculous.

Publishers know that they can use the internet to update games now. In the past that wasn’t possible on the same scale as it is today. I’m glad they launched it when they did personally. Leaving out forge does suck, but hey, I’m playing Halo 5!!!

I’m just glad they aren’t making us type in a code, or pay extra money to play game modes that should be included for free! *cough Battlefield *cough *cough

> 2533274907732220;10:
> it’s free, it’s coming, and it looks incredible

Sick of hearing its free, OF COURSE ITS FREE!! it should be part of the base game -_-

> 2533274833352612;1:
> Lemme get a little old school on some of the newer generations. Back in my day we could purchase new games for $50.00 and they were COMPLETE!

Yeah and the Halo 5 pistol has more polygons then all the halo CE weapons combined. seriously you can run some of the old games from “back in the day” of a USB.

> 2533274928634698;2:
> I just want to point out, they kinda added a lot of new -Yoink- to forge. In some cases built it from the ground up. They could’ve released it at launch or they could hit their launch window

If it was Blizzard, they would have waited for the game to be complete regardless of the time it took. Different companies, different philosophies, different priorities.

> 2533274844984484;15:
> > 2533274833352612;1:
> > Lemme get a little old school on some of the newer generations. Back in my day we could purchase new games for $50.00 and they were COMPLETE!
>
>
> Yeah and the Halo 5 pistol has more polygons then all the halo CE weapons combined. seriously you can run some of the old games from “back in the day” of a USB.

I find low poly can be harder to make than high poly simply because you have to get creative on detail, the only reason the old games had lower poly count funny enough is engine and hardware advances that doesn’t justify none complete games

> 2533274803562826;17:
> > 2533274844984484;15:
> > > 2533274833352612;1:
> > > Lemme get a little old school on some of the newer generations. Back in my day we could purchase new games for $50.00 and they were COMPLETE!
> >
> >
> > Yeah and the Halo 5 pistol has more polygons then all the halo CE weapons combined. seriously you can run some of the old games from “back in the day” of a USB.
>
>
> i find low poly can be harder to make than high poly simply because you have to get creative on detail, the only reason the old games had lower poly count funny enough is engine and hardware advances that doesn’t justify none complete games

my point the player base demands bigger forge canvases, more different forge canvases, more forge items, more features, etc. and then they complain when it’s not all done in the same timeframe as the bare bones Halo 3 forge.

> 2533274844984484;18:
> > 2533274803562826;17:
> > > 2533274844984484;15:
> > > > 2533274833352612;1:
> > > > Lemme get a little old school on some of the newer generations. Back in my day we could purchase new games for $50.00 and they were COMPLETE!
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah and the Halo 5 pistol has more polygons then all the halo CE weapons combined. seriously you can run some of the old games from “back in the day” of a USB.
> >
> >
> > i find low poly can be harder to make than high poly simply because you have to get creative on detail, the only reason the old games had lower poly count funny enough is engine and hardware advances that doesn’t justify none complete games
>
>
> my point the player base demands bigger forge canvases, more different forge canvases, more forge items, more features, etc. and then they complain when it’s not all done in the same timeframe as the bare bones Halo 3 forge.

Sounds like Halo: Reach’s forge.

Which actually came out on time.

> 2533274844984484;18:
> > 2533274803562826;17:
> > > 2533274844984484;15:
> > > > 2533274833352612;1:
> > > > Lemme get a little old school on some of the newer generations. Back in my day we could purchase new games for $50.00 and they were COMPLETE!
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah and the Halo 5 pistol has more polygons then all the halo CE weapons combined. seriously you can run some of the old games from “back in the day” of a USB.
> >
> >
> > i find low poly can be harder to make than high poly simply because you have to get creative on detail, the only reason the old games had lower poly count funny enough is engine and hardware advances that doesn’t justify none complete games
>
>
> my point the player base demands bigger forge canvases, more different forge canvases, more forge items, more features, etc. and then they complain when it’s not all done in the same timeframe as the bare bones Halo 3 forge.

The improved features are nice but it has the same amount of canvases as H4 and H2AA as for the fact that forge is delayed it wouldn’t be so bad if the game was a bit morecomplete, if they at least had a few more maps or a few more gametypes the game would be better but even now most the maps have similar designs and asthetics, the game feels like it doesn’t have much more than the beta did.

If they hadnt put so much time and resources into warzone and animated series they would have more time to actually build core game components why not delay warzone and have forge first.

I feel as if forge is complete but they are holding off on btb and forge as to try win players back after the inevitable loss of players when fallout, battlefront and black ops come out