Forge item limit.

Why is there a limit? I don’t really see why. Most of the time I create something, I run out of pieces. I don’t get it. Why? Next time, someone should remove it, since whenever Im in the middle of building something epic, No more pieces, and substitutes don’t work. Instead, I have to struggle with quite alot of things to fit stuff back in. There shouldn’t really be a limit, and I don’t mod, so Im not really enjoying how we have only 100 or less than that for a lot of things.

I agree. If the budget system worked well (i.e things were correctly priced not just $10, $10, $10, $10…) then there’d be no need for it.

If I want my entire map to be made out of building blocks, surely thats my decision as the forger?

It’s also ridiculous that things share inventory. For example, why does a wall share with a collesium wall and share with windows and doors? Same with bridges sharing with platforms? Surely as these things (and all the different sized buildings grouped together) cause different ammounts of lag and framerate issues, they should all be priced individually, differently and accordingly and the inventory system which ties these objects together should be scrapped?

Also on a related note, I thought that having 2 of the same object is easier than 2 different objects (framerate wise), yet it seems the inventory system is trying to encourage players to use different objects rather than the same?

I agree as well, in halo CEA I hope that they can release an update that changes that!

There’s a limit because you can only display X amount of items on the screen at one time.

Think about the maps that have a ton of stuff pushed into a small space, it lags the -Yoink- out of the game.

I agree the Budget is needed to keep map file sizes down along with game connection good however I see no use for the item limit. The only conclusion I could come to is to present a slight challenge to Foragers but this is just a guess and probably a wrong one.

> I agree. If the budget system worked well (i.e things were correctly priced not just $10, $10, $10, $10…) then there’d be no need for it.
>
> If I want my entire map to be made out of building blocks, surely thats my decision as the forger?
>
> It’s also ridiculous that things share inventory. For example, why does a wall share with a collesium wall and share with windows and doors? Same with bridges sharing with platforms? Surely as these things (and all the different sized buildings grouped together) cause different ammounts of lag and framerate issues, they should all be priced individually, differently and accordingly and the inventory system which ties these objects together should be scrapped?
>
> Also on a related note, I thought that having 2 of the same object is easier than 2 different objects (framerate wise), yet it seems the inventory system is trying to encourage players to use different objects rather than the same?

I completly agree with this. On Halo 3 it didn’t take away from the group so I don’t understand why they put this in Reach.