Forge is astounding...

…once you get used to it.

The shadows are great, the forge pieces diverse and reskinned for all three maps, and someone realised that 50 blocks is not enough, so now it’s 100.

Dominion turrets are usable in other modes too, so no probs there. The only things missing are a “build/ready at start of round” for dominion objects (vpads, barricades and turrets) and fine forging, but otherwise, WELL DONE 343.

Now to set about building a balanced gametype. :slight_smile:

Forge itself isn’t bad, but it’s missing key features like precision movement and it makes Forge cumbersome.

I’d say that Halo 4’s Forge is somewhere between Halo 3’s and Halo Reach’s in terms of intuitiveness.

I can agree to an extent. I think with Forge mode, 343i started to take a step in the right direction. And then they tripped.

But still, I like the lighting, the new dominion add-ons, a larger variety of weapons, gravity volumes, AWESOME mongooses, etc. But there are still some missing Forging essentials that we had in Reach.

And those kill barriers. Man, I hate those.

I know forge is great, I’m going crazy at the amount of amazing looking maps on youtube I want to download them all, but there is too many!

The precision movement would be a plus but it’s not needed for forge to be great. I would say Halo 4 has the best custom made maps in the series so far.

I would agree with the map comment, and how it has the best forged ones.

ONCE U GET USED TO IT. IT STILL SUCKS!!!

I never used precision editing much in Reach anyway, so its absence hasn’t bothered me that much. The only issue I take with Halo 4’s forge is that between dynamic lighting and an extensive pallet I have yet to finish building a map because I suddenly have another idea that would make great use of the new features!

i like the halo 4 forge allot but the maps are so small theres only so much u can build i remember in halo reach people (including me) used the entire forge map

(its a lie to say it doesnt work becuz its to big if u say tht thn u just cant
forge)

A lot of the new features work very well, Magnets help me out a lot but at the same time they can cause a big mess too.

The problem with Halo 4 Forge is that it’s missing key features that even Reach had, and nice features that could have been put in the game. Also, some areas on the Forge maps are off-limits when they would be so awesome to actually stay for more than 10 seconds. H4 Forge is missing a Forge World, but at least, we get three Forge maps :slight_smile:

Forge power has also significantly dropped as we have lack of custom options.

I liked Reach’s much better. The lack of precision editing is a deal breaker, and compound that with more split-screen framerate issues, no way in hell Halo 4 is better.

> i like the halo 4 forge allot but the maps are so small theres only so much u can build i remember in halo reach people (including me) used the entire forge map
>
> (its a lie to say it doesnt work becuz its to big if u say tht thn u just cant
> forge)

and this doesn’t even cover half the mapHalo 4 forge and customs are great. I feel bad for the people that haven’t had a good game night so they think it’s trash.

> ONCE U GET USED TO IT. IT STILL SUCKS!!!

Well that’s constructive. Tell me what, have you created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not. (Sorry if you are actually a good Forger and dislike it, I just had to quote good old Dr Breen).

> > i like the halo 4 forge allot but the maps are so small theres only so much u can build i remember in halo reach people (including me) used the entire forge map
> >
> > (its a lie to say it doesnt work becuz its to big if u say tht thn u just cant
> > forge)
>
> and this doesn’t even cover half the mapHalo 4 forge and customs are great. I feel bad for the people that haven’t had a good game night.

That’s not even counting the huge area over the water

> > > i like the halo 4 forge allot but the maps are so small theres only so much u can build i remember in halo reach people (including me) used the entire forge map
> > >
> > > (its a lie to say it doesnt work becuz its to big if u say tht thn u just cant
> > > forge)
> >
> > and this doesn’t even cover half the mapHalo 4 forge and customs are great. I feel bad for the people that haven’t had a good game night.
>
> That’s not even counting the huge area over the water

I know the maps are alot bigger than they look. There are too many good gametypes/maps in Halo 4 seriously I want to download all of those in the playlist I haven’t got already.

But it’s missing some of the key features like lacking forging space, gametypes, options.

> But it’s missing some of the key features like lacking forging space, gametypes, options.

I agree, but there have also been some great gametypes invented because of this, that I don’t think would have come along without these restrictions. That’s not saying I don’t think the general lack of custom options is a bad thing, I just think that having to work around some of these restrictions have forced creativity, rather than remaking and expanding the same few gametypes (like cops and robbers).

> > i like the halo 4 forge allot but the maps are so small theres only so much u can build i remember in halo reach people (including me) used the entire forge map
> >
> > (its a lie to say it doesnt work becuz its to big if u say tht thn u just cant
> > forge)
>
> and this doesn’t even cover half the mapHalo 4 forge and customs are great. I feel bad for the people that haven’t had a good game night so they think it’s trash.

A lot of us who haven’t had a good game night are people who played mostly Infection Game Types in Halo Reach (for hours on end, mind you). So when the one game type a lot of us use is completely FUBAR…well, you get the point.

I love forge in halo 4, it would be better if 343 would take a break of making map packs and more spartan ops missions, and such and fix the file browser.

COUGH COUGH IT’S BEEN 3 MONTHS AND YOU STILL HAVEN’T FIXED THE FILE BROWSER COUGH COUGH

Gee I must be coming down with the flu