Forge: Interactive Switch Broken

I am experiencing a glitch in Forge with the interactive switch. I am able to spawn an interactive switch. I can script it and everything. However, if I try to move the switch to a different location or rotation it glitches. I am unable to use the switch where I placed it. When I go back into monitor mode and attempt to pick it up, the interactive switch snaps back to wherever I spawned it. Because of this I am locked in and unable to make a switch where I so choose. It is frustrating and also makes me hesitant to continue forging. I am afraid that I will make an entire map and then I won’t be able to script anything. I am also afraid that I will make a map and 343I will attempt to fix it, but it will only fix maps made after any update.

I have tried other maps, fresh maps made by 343I, maps made by myself, and all of them are experiencing this glitch. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

> 2533274815340640;1:
> I am experiencing a glitch in Forge with the interactive switch. I am able to spawn an interactive switch. I can script it and everything. However, if I try to move the switch to a different location or rotation it glitches. I am unable to use the switch where I placed it. When I go back into monitor mode and attempt to pick it up, the interactive switch snaps back to wherever I spawned it. Because of this I am locked in and unable to make a switch where I so choose. It is frustrating and also makes me hesitant to continue forging. I am afraid that I will make an entire map and then I won’t be able to script anything. I am also afraid that I will make a map and 343I will attempt to fix it, but it will only fix maps made after any update.
>
> I have tried other maps, fresh maps made by 343I, maps made by myself, and all of them are experiencing this glitch. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I was experiencing this issue as well friend. What I can suggest is save the map as a Brand New Map and do a Hard Reset/Restart on your Xbox One. Since the most recent Dashboard Update (the one that came out on the release day of Forge) a lot of Systems have been messed up with Servers and what not, the issue your experiencing isn’t a bug with the game, more or less a server twitch. Its happened with a multitude of pieces I’ve placed and I’ve just had to do hard resets when I have this issue. Mind you it doesn’t happen so much anymore, but when it does- Hard Reset.

Bump. While were at it, can we get trigger volumes back in forge? These were AMAZING for puzzle maps in H2A. I tried using the script brain and making a shape for the volume but the volume wouldn’t even show up. Even then I’m not sure if they’re meant to act like the trigger volumes.

> 2533274860954461;2:
> > 2533274815340640;1:
> > I am experiencing a glitch in Forge with the interactive switch. I am able to spawn an interactive switch. I can script it and everything. However, if I try to move the switch to a different location or rotation it glitches. I am unable to use the switch where I placed it. When I go back into monitor mode and attempt to pick it up, the interactive switch snaps back to wherever I spawned it. Because of this I am locked in and unable to make a switch where I so choose. It is frustrating and also makes me hesitant to continue forging. I am afraid that I will make an entire map and then I won’t be able to script anything. I am also afraid that I will make a map and 343I will attempt to fix it, but it will only fix maps made after any update.
> >
> > I have tried other maps, fresh maps made by 343I, maps made by myself, and all of them are experiencing this glitch. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?
>
>
> I was experiencing this issue as well friend. What I can suggest is save the map as a Brand New Map and do a Hard Reset/Restart on your Xbox One. Since the most recent Dashboard Update (the one that came out on the release day of Forge) a lot of Systems have been messed up with Servers and what not, the issue your experiencing isn’t a bug with the game, more or less a server twitch. Its happened with a multitude of pieces I’ve placed and I’ve just had to do hard resets when I have this issue. Mind you it doesn’t happen so much anymore, but when it does- Hard Reset.

Thank you for the response. However, I tried your suggestions and I am still encountering the glitch. I don’t know what else to do and it definitely puts a damper on my forging mood.

Same problem here. I haven’t seen any acknowledgement from 343.

I have got the problem too. This is how I normally get around it:

• Spawn in the switch - Configure the scripts, colours, etc. - Move it to where you want - Lock it - With your cursor still on it. press RB to deselect it - Don’t touch it in monitor mode

This works every time…

place your switch where you want, but before letting go, grab another object and let go of them both together. Now save your map, quit forge, reload the map and it will stay in place. If you move the switch again, it may jump, but only back to the position you saved it.

Hasnt failed me yet.

You want to know how I fixed it?

I had that problem at first too, and found out what caused this glitch.

When you first spawn a terminal or other kind of scripting object, the game will think “OK, that is where it needs to be”

Now, you move your terminal to your desired location and want it to stay there. Easy. All you need to do now after setting the options for it right is, release it.

That’s right. Deselect it. Don’t hold it and go out of Forge mode while doing so. This causes the terminal to fly back to the point where it spawned when you selected it for the first time.

I tested this this for a while and it works for me.

So please try this.

Pick up your terminal, move it somewhere and then deselect it.

You know for sure if you have deselected it if the number count at the bottom of your screen says 0/64.

With this there’s no need for annoyances like power resetting your console or leaving the game all the time. Nope. With this you can stay in your Forge session.

> 2535428321626321;6:
> I have got the problem too. This is how I normally get around it:
>
> - Spawn in the switch
> - Configure the scripts, colours, etc.
> - Move it to where you want
> - Lock it
> - With your cursor still on it. press RB to deselect it
> - Don’t touch it in monitor mode

That’s what I do too, except for locking it.

It stays in its last place where put as long as I deselect it. No need to lock it for me. :slight_smile: