Forge In Halo infinite

Hello yall I wanted to post this cause I wanted to see what y’all think. should we have a forge mode in halo Infinite and what should it be like you know? What would you guys want in forge?

I’d really like to see malleable terrain in Forge. It’s nice having the ability to place natural ground in H2A & H5 Forge, but getting to actually raise and lower it manually would be insane. There’s tons of potential in what Forge can do with actual terrain as opposed to the building blocks/canvases we’ve grown used to.

I lost interest with forge after Halo 4 due to overwhelming functionality. Its an acquired taste and a community on its own. But seeing as Halo 5 was a huge breakthrough with forge obviously i too want to see things that havent been done before. Thats what forge has always been about anyways, doing the impossible.

I like the idea of forge becoming more advanced, but honestly when it came to Halo 5, it was a bit too much in my opinion. I hardly even touched forge in Halo 5, because of a lot of reasons, but mainly because of how, without a proper tutorial or watching “how to: beginner” videos (which I didn’t even bother with), it seemed like I couldn’t do much in Forge. I used to love making maps in Reach, 3, a bit in 4, but it just became too difficult. People do make some amazing creations in 5’s Forge, and I think that’s great, but I’d like for Infinite’s Forge to be a bit closer to Reach and 4 in terms of simplicity, but just with some of the options from 5 and so on.

I want it to be like Reach’s Forge

I’d actually like more resources to let more people get acquainted with the same features that Halo 5 had. 5 was more or less spot on for what ‘should’ be done, minus one or two traits (Terrain alteration).

> 2533274938209013;4:
> I like the idea of forge becoming more advanced, but honestly when it came to Halo 5, it was a bit too much in my opinion. I hardly even touched forge in Halo 5, because of a lot of reasons, but mainly because of how, without a proper tutorial or watching “how to: beginner” videos (which I didn’t even bother with), it seemed like I couldn’t do much in Forge. I used to love making maps in Reach, 3, a bit in 4, but it just became too difficult. People do make some amazing creations in 5’s Forge, and I think that’s great, but I’d like for Infinite’s Forge to be a bit closer to Reach and 4 in terms of simplicity, but just with some of the options from 5 and so on.

I am in the same boat as you , I too used forge extensively in Halo 3 and Reach , but fell out as the program became unwieldy (IMO).

However , having watched many of my favorite games become less and less with each and every release (Looking at you , Elder Scrolls) , I say let 343 and the current Forge users have the map program they want. I can’t stand for great concepts that I love (looking at you , Mass Effect) to be reduced and “dumbed down” so more people can “enjoy” it.

I refuse to ask that something be “dumbed down” and lose functionality , just so I can make sense of it…

> 2535414060712887;1:
> Hello yall I wanted to post this cause I wanted to see what y’all think. should we have a forge mode in halo Infinite and what should it be like you know? What would you guys want in forge?

This question is less about should we have forge, rather it’s more a question of what we should be able to forge. I’m definitely a supporter of the most “advanced” forge (in objective terms) this includes AI support, scripting, and all of the previous forge abilities from halo 5. However I would love to see this advanced forge and a secondary “legacy forge” which is more along the lines of Halo Reach’s forge.

Maybe add an advanced forge like halo 5 and a beginners one like reach.

Also I think maybe for pc, we could have a forge like halo online.

I just hope the Infinite forge is just as good as Reach, not as awful as Halo 5’s forge was.

I liked halo 4s forge. Magnets were the best thing introduced. But in halo 5 its overly complex which is great but makes it hard to just have fun in forge. It seems more professional. Terraria editor would be nice. I think there should be simple forge like Halo reach and . Then advanced forge which is modern complex forge

having the ability to create PVE maps would be awesome and by that i mean adding a.i and stuff. halo 5 had the best forge but it was hard to master but rewarding when you did. If they follow Halo 5’s forge and expand, i think we’ll be fine. dont forget mod support as well, with MCC gaining mod support eventually after launch i have no doubt that halo infinite will allow it

ever seen doom’s (2016) map editor? people make their own levels in that

> 2535414060712887;1:
> Hello yall I wanted to post this cause I wanted to see what y’all think. should we have a forge mode in halo Infinite and what should it be like you know? What would you guys want in forge?

No, we shouldn’t have Forge in Halo Infinite.

This shouldn’t even be a question. Why wouldn’t Halo Infinite have a forge mode? A lack of forge mode would put a gigantic chokehold on player creativity.

> 2533274797640604;14:
> > 2535414060712887;1:
> > Hello yall I wanted to post this cause I wanted to see what y’all think. should we have a forge mode in halo Infinite and what should it be like you know? What would you guys want in forge?
>
> No, we shouldn’t have Forge in Halo Infinite.

LOL. Agreed. This shouldn’t even be a debate. Forge is a plague ruining Halo. Kappa

> 2535414060712887;1:

In my mind, Halo Infinite will be either a true Halo 6 or a full blown mmo destiny clone that is always online. If destiny clone is the case, I don’t think it will have Forge. I’m hoping for the Halo 1-5 model.

> 2533274795204542;17:
> > 2535414060712887;1:
> > Hello yall I wanted to post this cause I wanted to see what y’all think. should we have a forge mode in halo Infinite and what should it be like you know? What would you guys want in forge?
>
> In my mind, Halo Infinite will be either a true Halo 6 or a full blown mmo destiny clone that is always online. If destiny clone is the case, I don’t think it will have Forge. I’m hoping for the Halo 1-5 model.

I’m pretty sure Hi has Forge.

> 2533274879721941;9:
> Maybe add an advanced forge like halo 5 and a beginners one like reach.
>
> Also I think maybe for pc, we could have a forge like halo online.

I see where you coming from but forge is the mode to make maps and play around, most likely there will be no such thing as advanced or beginner forge

> 2533275025884065;19:
> > 2533274879721941;9:
> > Maybe add an advanced forge like halo 5 and a beginners one like reach.
> >
> > Also I think maybe for pc, we could have a forge like halo online.
>
> I see where you coming from but forge is the mode to make maps and play around, most likely there will be no such thing as advanced or beginner forge

I made the beginning and advanced names up as new players would find halo 5’s forge hard to use but halo 3 and reach wasn’t that hard.