Forge Ideas

One thing i hope is added is terraforming tools. E.g adding trees. Idk if anyone else shares that idea but i think it would be cool none the less^^.

Yeah I like the Idea as well but also add more Verity with the weather as well like change the day time and weather if you want snow or storms, and I do like the tree idea and ad more terrain objects and more options on places to build things fore world was cool at first but now its getting kinda old, mostly everything has been done on forge world.

I’d like to see these:
Change Water Height
Hole tool (To create a door in a building that doesn’t have one there. Allow for Even and Jagged options to allow for a designed door or to look as if an explosion created it)
Playtest mode (to cut out the annoying process of exiting forge, entering customs, finding a glitch, attempt a fix, repeat)
MORE THAN ONE MAP THAT WORKS WITH FORGE! Currently the only one that is any good for forging is ForgeWorld.
Allow for easier rotation with Edit Coordinates
Change structure for different factions (UNSC, Covenant, ForeRunner, and Flood)
Set everything to a grid system. So tired of everything being just slightly too big or slightly too small
More Decorations for aesthetics

That’s all I have right now.

I think it would be cool if they add massive ship spawns.
Like you could spawn pelicans, frigates, covenant type carriers.
Or you could at least make some type of space related map.

Leader Only Forge.

I would really like to have the option to set the damage on an object…
That way you could give your maps a different atmosphere. You could use vehicles as scenery because you would have the ability to make them destroyed but still on the map…

I would like this also to be implemented on different things than vehicles, for example on walls: If the damage is 0% it would be as the walls are now and if the damage is 90% there would be chunks out of it and bullet holes in it

It would be very nice for infection maps

There should be no boundries in forge world, im tired of getting killed in Reach because you cannot explore all of forge world.

If there are no boundaries then the map could never be finished as it would simply continue on forever, which of course would have to be coded, but if it continues infinitely then the code will have to be infinite, which would mean someone has to write code infinitely before the map can be released. That doesn’t make any sense. Boundaries must be put in place.

> If there are no boundaries then the map could never be finished as it would simply continue on forever, which of course would have to be coded, but if it continues infinitely then the code will have to be infinite, which would mean someone has to write code infinitely before the map can be released. That doesn’t make any sense. Boundaries must be put in place.

Necessarily they could add a “loop” to the map, making it eventually just go right back to where you start.

Like TO spawn your own AI’s so that you could make them do certain things and what teams they are on like red Grunts VS Blue Grunts

Is it me or is this quick turning into a console version of Halo: CE?
This isn’t “Forging Maps” people are talking about, it’s “Creating Maps”
People want control of lighting, weather, damage aesthetics, faction related content, A.I. (Someone posted about ship spans a.k.a. ‘the phantom/pelican which spans in invasion matches’)
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all up for these ideas, I just don’t have a hope they’ll be implemented into any current editions of “Forge”…

That’s true. At the rate people are asking for these things, if even half of them make it into the next game then Forge will be insanely complicated to use. We all want our own “one little thing,” but that one thing times the hundreds of thousands of other players makes for one impossible-to-use forge. Maybe they can do some of these things for a computer program, similar to Oasis in Borderlands. Oasis is a modder’s paradise, as it allows users to create things of all kinds and place them there. Maybe this can be implemented on the computer for Halo and then it can convert them into Forge maps. It’ll still be complicated, but it allows casual forgers to keep the basic and easy forge use we have now.

AN UNDO BUTTON!

Halo 4’s Forge should have everything in the Halo Universe. Everything in the games, books etc.

> AN UNDO BUTTON!

Ditto!!

Scalable objects:

For example, say I want to build a 10 x 1 floor. Instead of having to place 10 1x1 floor panels - I place 1 1x1 floor panel and go into it’s options and change it’s length to 10.

Smart Object Snapping:

Anyone who uses Adobe Illustrator or Indesign will Know the benefit of having a smart guides feature. I makes align/scaling/rotating/moving objects in relation to themselves and other objects

Guides:
Again looking at illustrator for inspiration, guides really help keep object inline

PC and Mac editor:
Someone made a great sketch up version of sandbox and all the available objects, which was really great for planning out layouts. It just a shame it didn’t have a “publish map to file share” button

Forge-able Firefight:
I think a big request has always been the ability to have bots in halo - firefight went along way to answering that request. NOw if you could have the ability to add ENEMY/Covenant spawn points on ANY map, say custom gruntpocalyse on beaver creak

Alternate Item Textures:
It’d be great to click the options for any forge object and select from a list texture styles; forerunner, human/UNSC/Covenant, flood etc…

Trigger items:
To be able to easily make doors and switches

Some one mentioned larger objects like frigates:
I’d love to be able to make a space combat invasion map that harks back to the space combat of Battlefront 2 or Boarding action, where the you have a UNSC and Covenant Frigate and the object is very simply destroy the enemies frigate, or maybe capture their A.I core

There’s lots to put in, but there’s not much disc space! On Reach, for example, you’ve got the campaign, all of the different armoury stuff (and that’s quite a lot), theatre, all the maps and game types, The ability to make you’re own game type, the ability to make you’re own maps and all of the other forge stuff too!

> That’s true. At the rate people are asking for these things, if even half of them make it into the next game then Forge will be insanely complicated to use. We all want our own “one little thing,” but that one thing times the hundreds of thousands of other players makes for one impossible-to-use forge. Maybe they can do some of these things for a computer program, similar to Oasis in Borderlands. Oasis is a modder’s paradise, as it allows users to create things of all kinds and place them there. Maybe this can be implemented on the computer for Halo and then it can convert them into Forge maps. It’ll still be complicated, but it allows casual forgers to keep the basic and easy forge use we have now.

well, 343 says they deliver to the community, and deliver they most likely will

yes