Forge Help??

I’m currently making an infection map. In this map I’m making use of the elevator script found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmtbuamGDUQ
The problem I’m having is that after copying exactly what was done in the video… for some reason when I start up forge or custom game after leaving the map… the door at the top is the only one that moves when game is launched… it executes its automatically… which is not what it’s suppose to do unless I activate a switch…

I don’t know what’s causing it to move as soon as I start forge/custom game. This happened recently with a map I made 2 days ago (different door object was used). I ended up making a new map which I really like at the moment…

Can someone help me solve this issue! Thank you!

Get in contact with Iflod101, or look up some of his videos for his GT. He is experience with making multitudes of maps, and he’s a cool guy to talk to.

That’s my elevator tutorial :slight_smile:

There’s a nasty scripting bug ruining people’s maps that 343 doesn’t feel compelled to hot fix. If you delete an object with multiple scripts on it, then the script budget doesn’t go down and the scripts remain active (phantom scripts). Based on what you’re describing I’m guessing this is causing issues on your map. Until patched, it’s best to remove scripts prior to deleting the object. You may need to start over, otherwise if you can use different channels and different scripted objects then you might be able to salvage your map. I informed 343 of the issue about a month ago and they chose not to do anything about it, which is insulting to the forging community.

> 2533274794242693;3:
> That’s my elevator tutorial :slight_smile:
>
> There’s a nasty scripting bug ruining people’s maps that 343 doesn’t feel compelled to hot fix. If you delete an object with multiple scripts on it, then the script budget doesn’t go down and the scripts remain active (phantom scripts). Based on what you’re describing I’m guessing this is causing issues on your map. Until patched, it’s best to remove scripts prior to deleting the object. You may need to start over, otherwise if you can use different channels and different scripted objects then you might be able to salvage your map. I informed 343 of the issue about a month ago and they chose not to do anything about it, which is insulting to the forging community.

I already tried the channels and and deleting scripts then deleting the objects… you and a couple people gave me some tips on my last post… none of them seem to work at all. I’m using parallax as my map. I already restarted the map from 2 days ago and it’s happening on his map again

I tried with different objects it does the same thing