Forge for every mode

Is it really too much to ask for every gamemode to have forgable maps? Firefight would benefit especially

Off topic, but also replace warzone with invasion

It’s certainly possible to have Forge on every map, but there are a lot of things to take into account on Firefight maps. I don’t know much about programming, but I’m not sure how well enemy AI would respond to having random objects thrown into their normal path.

Forgeable Firefight is an untapped platinum mine for this series. It’s not going to be simple to implement, but the potential it has for adding a nearly endless amount of longevity the game- online and off- is so huge.

First thing they need to do is bring back Firefight. If that’s all they accomplish with Infinite, I’d be alright with waiting another game or two for them to add Forge support to it. But the sooner the better. And while it’s very true to anyone’s point that Forgeable Firefight isn’t a simple patch-in type thing, there is precedent for this kind of thing with Doom’s SnapMap, just to name one example. That needs work to live up to its potential, too, but it’s a good start.

I think even if we can’t get a 100% forgable Firefight a good start would be to atleast have custom options for FF. Simple things like choose what weapons the enemy has, what enemies spawn in on which level, enemy health, shields etc.

I believe fans would be appreciative of have those options for Firefight, I know I would like it.

> 2533274861158694;3:
> Forgeable Firefight is an untapped platinum mine for this series. It’s not going to be simple to implement, but the potential it has for adding a nearly endless amount of longevity the game- online and off- is so huge.

This. There are so many people out there in gaming who only like to play PvE content. I personally prefer to play it however I do play a lot of regular multiplayer as well. So Forge as it’s function in the previous games doesn’t add much for those people, aside from perhaps minigames. Adding forgeable Firefight maps would open up an entirely new avenue of user-generated content, increasing the longevity of the game.

I’ve been waiting for them (Bungie and now 343I) to add Forgeable AI\FireFight since this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf0xp9IBOxU) from 2008 where they showed some campaign AI in multiplayer maps.

> 2535418288909351;2:
> It’s certainly possible to have Forge on every map, but there are a lot of things to take into account on Firefight maps. I don’t know much about programming, but I’m not sure how well enemy AI would respond to having random objects thrown into their normal path.

AI pathfinding isn’t so simple that they’ll be running into a block if its placed in its way, depending on the creature it could walk around it, climb or even jump on top of it in order to gain a height advantage, or if its physics are set to normal something like a hunter could push it to the side. It wouldn’t take much, maybe players could even be given the option to choose how AI treat certain pieces

Unless you’re trying to say 343’s AI programmers are incompetent