forge firefight maps

hey 343 I think forgable firefight maps would be a nice idea. most of the halo reach players on my friends list agree that the firefight maps on reach where decent at best and that they want a way to create firefight maps that they like(like a castle that covies can’t enter that has a stockpile of rocket launchers so you can slaughter them for example ) other forum goers give some ideas as well!

I’m most certain when I say this is 100% impossible. Cool, but impossible.

not impossible if they treat FF like it is just another gametype instead of a separate mode. If we could Forge Invasion maps that span all of ForgeWorld, FF is certainly possible.

FF isn’t nearly as complex as Invasion. There are no phases or weapons on FF maps so that cuts the amount of work in half. All you’ll need to do is set up respawn zones for humans, drop zones for enemies, vehicles/ordinance (if neccesary), and maybe establish a path that the enemies must follow after they’ve dropped in. That doesn’t sound very impossible.

The issue is do with the A.I more than anything else.

It would kinda work like gmod, but i want this sooo bad! iv’e been dreaming of this since ODST.

I didnt ask if it was possible I asked for opinions silly people

they should do a firefight where you fight waves of floods

om nom nom

Noooo don’t do this. Instead of forging “Firefight” maps instead use a map (lets say Halo 4 has one or more Forge Worlds) one of those. I don’t want to be restricted to only using a Firefight map. Instead if you forged in a “Forge World” you can choose the spawns for A.I. and real life players and make structures from scratch. This idea is much better cause they can also appear in Slayer or other Objective gametypes including a Firefight one. But the A.I. can also have properties like “Defense”, Agressive Stationary", Neautral(No attacking-Like citizens), or Aggressive. Plus you can make them Free For All or they can serve a certain team.

All from my previous posts

> Noooo don’t do this. Instead of forging “Firefight” maps instead use a map (lets say Halo 4 has one or more Forge Worlds) one of those. I don’t want to be restricted to only using a Firefight map. Instead if you forged in a “Forge World” you can choose the spawns for A.I. and real life players and make structures from scratch. This idea is much better cause they can also appear in Slayer or other Objective gametypes including a Firefight one. But the A.I. can also have properties like “Defense”, Agressive Stationary", Neautral(No attacking-Like citizens), or Aggressive. Plus you can make them Free For All or they can serve a certain team.
>
> All from my previous posts

that kinda what I meant I just worded it weirdly

hmm

mhm

> Noooo don’t do this. Instead of forging “Firefight” maps instead use a map (lets say Halo 4 has one or more Forge Worlds) one of those. I don’t want to be restricted to only using a Firefight map. Instead if you forged in a “Forge World” you can choose the spawns for A.I. and real life players and make structures from scratch. This idea is much better cause they can also appear in Slayer or other Objective gametypes including a Firefight one. But the A.I. can also have properties like “Defense”, Agressive Stationary", Neautral(No attacking-Like citizens), or Aggressive. Plus you can make them Free For All or they can serve a certain team.
>
> All from my previous posts

That is what I meant too. If they treat Firefight like just another gametype instead of it’s own game mode then we can make forge maps from scratch and just make them FF compatible just like any other gametype. Otherwise you would have Custom Games, Forge, Firefight, and Firefight Forge all on the same menu and that would be pretty ridiculous.