Forge Feature Wishlist

I’ve been using Forge since the day it released and it is phenomenal. There are some things that it is missing though and as a cartographer it kind of makes things difficult. So here’s some things 343 could consider adding in a future update. They’d be immensely appreciated. Not adding Vehicle Welding because that’s already coming and I’m excluding bug fixes. These are just features that would make forging a lot easier and a lot more fun. If you have suggestions, share them. Nothing is too radical.

• Selective spawn areas
    Kind of like the way we can choose where to spawn in Warzone - Spawn Scripting
    There is no way to script spawn point. We can do something like "if “Condition” is met, "Action (Spawn/Despawn) spawn point - Multiple Objectives/ Script
    This one is more towards the gametype side as it is creating a gametype essentially. This would work like Warzone or Invasion. Capture Bases/Strongholds, Then Deliver Bomb or Destroy Objective. or Capture a Flag once you have detonated a Bomb in the enemy base. You get the idea. - Make Anything an Objective with Scripts
    This again would need some gametype tweaking. Example: Destroy Fusion Coil = Score X amount of Points
    or Punch Olive the Pig with a Gravity Hammer = Every Punch Scores a Point. These are just basic examples
  • Input Integers
    It’d be much more efficient if we could just input a number between a minimum and a maximum instead of having to basically scroll through numbers. - Colors
    Scrolling through colors is time consuming, maybe this can be replaced by something like a grid? - Callouts
    We cant create custom callouts, instead we have to choose from a list of pre-selected names. Add a vulgarity filter and give us the option to make custom callouts please. - Interaction Time
    It’d be very useful if we could adjust how long it takes to interact with a switch. Remember how it took a while to extract an objective in the forgotten Extraction game mode from Halo 4? Yeah something like that except customizable.

I like these ideas.
For colors, why not just editable RGB values? Even better than a grid!
Also, while I’m all for custom callouts, the nice thing about this list is they all support VO in-game. So keep the list, but allows us to customize them and they just won’t support VO.

Some things I’d like to see:
Last I checked there was no support for the script condition of “on area enter/exit” I’d like to see those.
Custom trait volumes would be nice.
All warzone weapons placeable.
Ability to change how much ammo you spawn with (custom game option, I know, but they really go hand-in-hand)
When scripting movement or rotation add an option where we can simply set it to “Move to:” and then you drag/rotate the object where you’d want it to move to. It would save that position, and then whatever condition triggers that, the object would move to the position you defined. Also a way to customize the movement pattern would be sweet.

I know, some of these are huge asks. I’m with you, and totally love forge how it is. But a man can dream!

> 2533274802029738;2:
> I like these ideas.
> For colors, why not just editable RGB values? Even better than a grid!
> Also, while I’m all for custom callouts, the nice thing about this list is they all support VO in-game. So keep the list, but allows us to customize them and they just won’t support VO.
>
> Some things I’d like to see:
> Last I checked there was no support for the script condition of “on area enter/exit” I’d like to see those.
> Custom trait volumes would be nice.
> All warzone weapons placeable.
> Ability to change how much ammo you spawn with (custom game option, I know, but they really go hand-in-hand)
> When scripting movement or rotation add an option where we can simply set it to “Move to:” and then you drag/rotate the object where you’d want it to move to. It would save that position, and then whatever condition triggers that, the object would move to the position you defined. Also a way to customize the movement pattern would be sweet.
>
> I know, some of these are huge asks. I’m with you, and totally love forge how it is. But a man can dream!

I really like the “Move To” idea. Every map has its own invisible XYZ grid so why not make a Move To X= Y= Z= right? And CUSTOM TRAIT VOLUMES PLS 343!!