Forge extremely disappointing

>:(

The forge world(s) are small

You can’t go in any water, which means I can’t make underwater puzzles.

The teleporter dissapears instantly when put into objects, this mean no more secrets areas (the secret room in boardwalk for an example)

Lack of new items and bigger budget

Whoever created the forge in halo 4 failed to deliver, the main focus seemed to be graphics IMO

This forge world is garb, I was really hoping for something special

peace, XxxXXxxxxXXXXXXXXxxxX

to true!!

I never Forged much in 3 or Reach but i do like Halo 4 forge except for the fine editing tool removal. other than that I like it

I’ll give them credit for duplicate, and magnets tho hella helpful but man they took away a lot of stuff :confused:

> >:(
>
> The forge world(s) are small
>
> You can’t go in any water, which means I can’t make underwater puzzles.
>
> The teleporter dissapears instantly when put into objects, this mean no more secrets areas (the secret room in boardwalk for an example)
>
> Lack of new items and bigger budget
>
> Whoever created the forge in halo 4 failed to deliver, the main focus seemed to be graphics IMO
>
> This forge world is garb, I was really hoping for something special
>
> peace, XxxXXxxxxXXXXXXXXxxxX

1. yes the water part is a shame.

2)this is good. i like how maps are actually fixed. However its still possible to use teliporters to geto out of maps like walking on the cliffs in ragnarok.

3)the maps are not small. i have plenty of maps that are big.

4)there are new items for dominion mode and there are map spasific items the bigger budget isn’t needed. However the cap on how many of a certain item is annoying.

The map specific items are really… bad? They’ll pretty much useless imo but if people could create amazing things with Halo 3’s forge I have no doubt there will be amazing maps in halo 4. The forge community is smart and creative.

> >:(
>
> The forge world(s) are small
>
> You can’t go in any water, which means I can’t make underwater puzzles.
>
> The teleporter dissapears instantly when put into objects, this mean no more secrets areas (the secret room in boardwalk for an example)
>
> Lack of new items and bigger budget
>
> Whoever created the forge in halo 4 failed to deliver, the main focus seemed to be graphics IMO
>
> This forge world is garb, I was really hoping for something special
>
> peace, XxxXXxxxxXXXXXXXXxxxX

Worlds are not that small. 99% of maps that people make will fit just fine into the airspace of all of them. The only place you are missing out is on the big race type maps that covered half of forge world.

Oh no, they removed an unintended glitch. That is their call, if they don’t want you to do that, they don’t have to let you.

Not sure what you are complaining about there. The budget is not a “you have this much money to spend” You can’t just give people a bigger number and call it good. The budget is a user friendly means of conveying information about how much memory is left available to this particular creation. The limit is in place due to the restrictions of the console.

The real problems with the forge world are not any of these things, but the horribly buggy experience. Things do not stay lined up, the magnets, while usually good, fail horribly in many complex situations. When you spend 3 hours getting everything perfectly lined up only to save it and load up a custom game you should not find everything to be several units out of place… it literally looks like a child playing with building blocks. Crap just out of alignment all over the map.

Let’s focus on the mechanical problems before we worry about how many toys we have to play with shall we?

Agreed, Halo 4’s Forge is dreadfully disappointing.

“Oh no, they removed an unintended glitch. That is their call, if they don’t want you to do that, they don’t have to let you.”

The forge world as we know it today was based off of unintended glitches, just saying.

Compared to Reach, it is disappointing.

Forge was a disappointment but not for the reasons stated here.

Still their call. If being adaptive and creative is a source of pride, then you should take it in stride and find something else.

It was the game designer’s choice to break the ability to do a specific thing. Their game, their call.

I’m really only disappointed at the size of the forge maps. Have at least one that’s big as the old forge world

> Still their call. If being adaptive and creative is a source of pride, then you should take it in stride and find something else.
>
> It was the game designer’s choice to break the ability to do a specific thing. Their game, their call.

I’ll still work with it, there still plenty of creative things you can do with whats given to you. And to everyone else, I know there’s more trust me I just decided to list what was bothering me ATM.

While I agree with you, (on the lack of forge world) there is a technical reason for it.

However, when have you every used the full space of forge world for anything other than a gimmicky map that you used twice?

Impact has a metric crap ton of space to utilize. In fact, so does erosion, but in a different manner.

Impact should be easily able to host almost anything you can come up with. The only real mistake in the three worlds is the buildings you cannot remove. This artificially decreases the amount of space you have to work with by a huge amount. Most people don’t want their map built 5 inches away from a premade structure, it just looks bad.

However, creative use of kill and safe zones makes can render them impossible to use in your map. You just have to deal with the aesthetics. There are many ways to deal with the space we have to make almost anything. Line up all the bridge/building block, and wall pieces available to you end to end and you will see just how much room you have once you pop into player mode.

I sure do have a way of killing threads…

crickets

BUMP

> BUMP

lol Don’t bump this xD

> I’ll give them credit for duplicate, and magnets tho hella helpful but man they took away a lot of stuff :confused:

just those two things i like…funny i was trying to work on a door that drops… change it to normal and put in the explosives…when i explode the fuel thing the door didnt even move(tried both normal blogs and large)

Personally the quality of life improvements alone make me enjoy forging in 4 much more than 3.

A map that would of took me 2 or 3 weeks can be done in a couple days now.

The maps look very limiting at first, I thought so myself until I started to explore the boundaries of the maps. They are much bigger than they appear to be.

I love the addition of the map specific pieces.