Forge controls

Ok so why in the hell do we have new controls in forge? who said it would be a good idea to reinvent the wheel just this time make it a square? It’s one thing to make new controls and provide the old ones (which makes total sense) its a whole nother thing to change controls and say -Yoink- you you aren’t allowed to use the old ones anymore.

In typing this I have just realized what I am to do. I must go and remap my controller just for forge. I really shouldn’t need to do this but if 343 wants to -Yoink- on my face I guess I can’t really do anything but wipe it off.

signed a very discontent veteran forger

Or just take the initiative to learn the new controls and stop whining. If you wont take the ten minutes to learn them then maybe forge was never for you Mr. Veteran Forger. But hey that’s what I did. Just making a suggestion, you do you.
Signed,
A Cartographer

Or maybe we could have the options to use the controls we all know and most love so that we can hop right in and not feel awkward but I guess Mr Cartographer would rather not aknowledge a blunder and just take the fore mentioned -Yoink- from a foreign company that was meant to carry on a loved game series and is currently failing at doing so

exanples. this. flood. no infection(yet but I’m not gonna get my hopes up). an incredibly short campaign. an overall step down from halo 4 which was already a step down from either 3 or reach

> 2533274866073365;3:
> Or maybe we could have the options to use the controls we all know and most love so that we can hop right in and not feel awkward but I guess Mr Cartographer would rather not aknowledge a blunder and just take the fore mentioned -Yoink- from a foreign company that was meant to carry on a loved game series and is currently failing at doing so
>
> exanples. this. flood. no infection(yet but I’m not gonna get my hopes up). an incredibly short campaign. an overall step down from halo 4 which was already a step down from either 3 or reach

Were talking about forge here. Forge is good. if you have “love” for controls in a game, then I think you gotta rethink what you find important jn life

> 2533274905624999;2:
> Or just take the initiative to learn the new controls and stop whining. If you wont take the ten minutes to learn them then maybe forge was never for you Mr. Veteran Forger. But hey that’s what I did. Just making a suggestion, you do you.
> Signed,
> A Cartographer

Do you know how frustrating it is to relearn 8 years of constant use of controls? It’s like taking your keyboard and remapping it to a completely different arrangement of keys. It’s horrible because as you’re going along, you think ‘Oh I’ll press that and then that to do this’ and then you end up deleting your whole map. Don’t get me wrong, the controls make relatively good sense, and forge is frankly a major step-up from Reach’s forge, but it’s just depressing getting used to these new controls, and with Reach on backwards compatibility as of today, I doubt I’ll be able to use both Reach’s forge and H5’s forge both regularly.

I agree that the benefits of the new control scheme are marginal at best, and deeply in the negative when set against the steep learning curve required to use it. But since when did a new Halo title not make dubious changes to which we adapt or die? The real kick in the teeth is that I can see how amazing the new palettes are… I just can’t do anything with them. Yet. I’ll definitely get there, but I can tell you right now that it’s gonna be a whole lot longer than ten minutes to learn this nightmare.

> 2533274905624999;4:
> > 2533274866073365;3:
> > Or maybe we could have the options to use the controls we all know and most love so that we can hop right in and not feel awkward but I guess Mr Cartographer would rather not aknowledge a blunder and just take the fore mentioned -Yoink- from a foreign company that was meant to carry on a loved game series and is currently failing at doing so
> >
> > exanples. this. flood. no infection(yet but I’m not gonna get my hopes up). an incredibly short campaign. an overall step down from halo 4 which was already a step down from either 3 or reach
>
>
> Were talking about forge here. Forge is good. if you have “love” for controls in a game, then I think you gotta rethink what you find important jn life

really? that’s your response? that’s real childish if you ask me

> 2533274873843883;6:
> I agree that the benefits of the new control scheme are marginal at best, and deeply in the negative when set against the steep learning curve required to use it. But since when did a new Halo title not make dubious changes to which we adapt or die? The real kick in the teeth is that I can see how amazing the new palettes are… I just can’t do anything with them. Yet. I’ll definitely get there, but I can tell you right now that it’s gonna be a whole lot longer than ten minutes to learn this nightmare.

Yah it’s the change in orientation between you and the object you move that hurts me the most. it made so much more sense for the item to move with you when you pushed rs then not