Forge Connectivity Nonsense

Why is Halo 5 the only Halo game where connection to the internet is required if you want to play Forge? I have a pretty bad internet connection, and that has never deterred me from making maps before. Now I need to restart my XBone every ten minutes if I want to continue making a map I’ve been working on for hours because if I don’t restart, it takes forever if the game is even able to connect to the lobby service. Another thing, maybe I dunno whether or not the dedicated server thing is the reason to require internet, but since when did Forge need a dedicated server? Because of the overhaul? On an unrelated note, why did all the Forge controls change so drastically? Was it to force a learning curve to make Bungie’s Forge unplayable or were the control mappers too lazy to incorporate corresponding layouts according to your on-foot controls?

> 2533274915704595;1:
> Why is Halo 5 the only Halo game where connection to the internet is required if you want to play Forge? I have a pretty bad internet connection, and that has never deterred me from making maps before. Now I need to restart my XBone every ten minutes if I want to continue making a map I’ve been working on for hours because if I don’t restart, it takes forever if the game is even able to connect to the lobby service. Another thing, maybe I dunno whether or not the dedicated server thing is the reason to require internet, but since when did Forge need a dedicated server? Because of the overhaul? On an unrelated note, why did all the Forge controls change so drastically? Was it to force a learning curve to make Bungie’s Forge unplayable or were the control mappers too lazy to incorporate corresponding layouts according to your on-foot controls?

This is why dedicated servers shouldn’t be the only way to play online as this is one of if not the worst problems it causes, the inability to play offline.

Thank you for agreeing with me, as I’m sure many people do, but that neither answers my question or fixes my, or more likely our as in Forgers in general, problem.

When I had a 360 (and all the Halo games on 360) I didn’t have Xbox Live so all I could do was campaign, split screen, forge and firefight. Forge was the most fun of the four to play offline (in Reach at least) so I find it insulting to have the inability to play forge offline because of the campaign being so bland.