forge concerns

i love the additions to forge theyve made and multiple maps and pallets sounds awesome. but what im worried about is with the bigger budget do you think they will raise the price of pieces i saw the demo video but i dont recall seeing how much the pieces cost, the ones we saw were basic reach pieces so i dont expect those to be higher priced but new pieces could be. if we dont get many new pieces i hope the bigger budget means more of limited things lights, shield doors, etc.
what do you guys think?

They mentioned that the menus in the forge demo were simply placeholders. This may or may not mean that the budget was also a placeholder. So before making assumptions, let’s wait and see the final version of forge.

> They mentioned that the menus in the forge demo were simply placeholders. This may or may not mean that the budget was also a placeholder. So before making assumptions, let’s wait and see the final version of forge.

Yes, plus just because the budget is bigger doesn’t mean the prices are bigger, it just means they might of found a way to free up some space and make the budget bigger.

I am not too worried about prices I am concerned about other things

-Forge is not advancing quickly enough. Shadows and mag-lock? Sure it’s good but is it really that big of an advancement? What about piece textures, custom pieces, buttons and switches?

-The forge camera problem. You are turning a piece without co-ordinates focusing on a specific point on that piece for example the end of a brace large. You twist the piece so it aligns with another piece or the floor (or whatever) and then for some unknown reason the camera flies off and focuses on the centre of the piece so you can’t see if it being aligned or not. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING. I usually have to construct what I call a ‘construction box’ [copyright] to hold the camera in place!

-Power-ups like the custom power up when there are placed they shoot up 2 sets of co-ordinates for no reason.

-Pieces which magically vanish when viewed from certain angles yet can be shot through when visible. (???)

-Explosives and other pieces which can’t be directly phased into other objects.

-No undo button. Couldn’t they have just put it in single player offline forge?

-The lack of new pieces.

-The lack of pieces without animations (like generators which turn or shoot off sparks).

If I remember more I’ll add them.

> I am not too worried about prices I am concerned about other things
>
> -Forge is not advancing quickly enough. Shadows and mag-lock? Sure it’s good but is it really that big of an advancement? What about piece textures, custom pieces, buttons and switches?
>
> -The forge camera problem. You are turning a piece without co-ordinates focusing on a specific point on that piece for example the end of a brace large. You twist the piece so it aligns with another piece or the floor (or whatever) and then for some unknown reason the camera flies off and focuses on the centre of the piece so you can’t see if it being aligned or not. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING. I usually have to construct what I call a ‘construction box’ [copyright] to hold the camera in place!
>
> -Power-ups like the custom power up when there are placed they shoot up 2 sets of co-ordinates for no reason.
>
> -Pieces which magically vanish when viewed from certain angles yet can be shot through when visible. (???)
>
> -Explosives and other pieces which can’t be directly phased into other objects.
>
> -No undo button. Couldn’t they have just put it in single player offline forge?
>
> -The lack of new pieces.
>
> -The lack of pieces without animations (like generators which turn or shoot off sparks).
>
> If I remember more I’ll add them.

You do realize forge isn’t a map creator right? It’s a map editor tool. We use the canvas given to create what we can, based on what we have. That’s how forge is. We will most likely never see things like buttons or animated objects because for one, not necessary. Two its too advanced for the console to handle. Three, it’s alot to add in, it takes months for 343 to make these maps, and you wan to be able to add things like theses in an instant? Lastly, it would be over everyone’s head meaning it would be too advanced for the average player to figure out.

> > I am not too worried about prices I am concerned about other things
> >
> > -Forge is not advancing quickly enough. Shadows and mag-lock? Sure it’s good but is it really that big of an advancement? What about piece textures, custom pieces, buttons and switches?
> >
> > -The forge camera problem. You are turning a piece without co-ordinates focusing on a specific point on that piece for example the end of a brace large. You twist the piece so it aligns with another piece or the floor (or whatever) and then for some unknown reason the camera flies off and focuses on the centre of the piece so you can’t see if it being aligned or not. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING. I usually have to construct what I call a ‘construction box’ [copyright] to hold the camera in place!
> >
> > -Power-ups like the custom power up when there are placed they shoot up 2 sets of co-ordinates for no reason.
> >
> > -Pieces which magically vanish when viewed from certain angles yet can be shot through when visible. (???)
> >
> > -Explosives and other pieces which can’t be directly phased into other objects.
> >
> > -No undo button. Couldn’t they have just put it in single player offline forge?
> >
> > -The lack of new pieces.
> >
> > -The lack of pieces without animations (like generators which turn or shoot off sparks).
> >
> > If I remember more I’ll add them.
>
> You do realize forge isn’t a map creator right? It’s a map editor tool. We use the canvas given to create what we can, based on what we have. That’s how forge is. We will most likely never see things like buttons or animated objects because for one, not necessary. Two its too advanced for the console to handle. Three, it’s alot to add in, it takes months for 343 to make these maps, and you wan to be able to add things like theses in an instant? Lastly, it would be over everyone’s head meaning it would be too advanced for the average player to figure out.

Animated pieces are easy, a generator with a piece which turns or a covenant banner which sparkles? It’s not that much to ask.

No buttons are not necessary but they would be very useful.

Buttons are a stretch but everything else there seems perfectly reasonable -I don’t want a map creator I just want a better map editor which can offer more and not just the same thing with a few more useful tweaks. Forge has so much potential and from what we’ve seen so far 343 don’t seem to be developing it much.

But there will be more reveals soon, we’ll see.

> They mentioned that the menus in the forge demo were simply placeholders. This may or may not mean that the budget was also a placeholder. So before making assumptions, let’s wait and see the final version of forge.

didnt even think of this good point
and red head (im also a fellow red head 80) i hate it too when the camera flies around happens most when im putting stuff in the ground. idk whats up with the power ups but im sure they fixed it. i think some animated pieces would be cool id like some broken vehicles that are on fire,(but dont deal damage) shoot sparks, etc(leak gas so you can light it on fire and blow up the hog jk iknow that wont happen) dead bodies would be cool too

> Animated pieces are easy, a generator with a piece which turns or a covenant banner which sparkles? It’s not that much to ask.

Oh so you work for a gaming studio, tell me then how easy it is? I’m sorry to be rude but it isn’t. Your under estimating the work they put into things like that.

> I can tell you don’t use forge that often.

…You are very wrong about this. That’s a very strong accusation to make without knowing me or my background.

> > I am not too worried about prices I am concerned about other things
> >
> > -Forge is not advancing quickly enough. Shadows and mag-lock? Sure it’s good but is it really that big of an advancement? What about piece textures, custom pieces, buttons and switches?
> >
> > -The forge camera problem. You are turning a piece without co-ordinates focusing on a specific point on that piece for example the end of a brace large. You twist the piece so it aligns with another piece or the floor (or whatever) and then for some unknown reason the camera flies off and focuses on the centre of the piece so you can’t see if it being aligned or not. IT IS REALLY ANNOYING. I usually have to construct what I call a ‘construction box’ [copyright] to hold the camera in place!
> >
> > -Power-ups like the custom power up when there are placed they shoot up 2 sets of co-ordinates for no reason.
> >
> > -Pieces which magically vanish when viewed from certain angles yet can be shot through when visible. (???)
> >
> > -Explosives and other pieces which can’t be directly phased into other objects.
> >
> > -No undo button. Couldn’t they have just put it in single player offline forge?
> >
> > -The lack of new pieces.
> >
> > -The lack of pieces without animations (like generators which turn or shoot off sparks).
> >
> > If I remember more I’ll add them.
>
> You do realize forge isn’t a map creator right? It’s a map editor tool. We use the canvas given to create what we can, based on what we have. That’s how forge is. We will most likely never see things like buttons or animated objects because for one, not necessary. Two its too advanced for the console to handle. Three, it’s alot to add in, it takes months for 343 to make these maps, and you wan to be able to add things like theses in an instant? Lastly, it would be over everyone’s head meaning it would be too advanced for the average player to figure out.

i want a map creator i know its unlikely just cus of the amount of space it would take up. but hell far crys wasnt bad or too confusing to use just had clunky controls and its not like certain affinity couldnt handle it, make a basic mode (current forge) and advanced mode (map creator) id pay 40 or 50 if thats all that was on the disc or dlc more likely

> > Animated pieces are easy, a generator with a piece which turns or a covenant banner which sparkles? It’s not that much to ask.
>
> Oh so you work for a gaming studio, tell me then how easy it is? I’m sorry to be rude but it isn’t. Your under estimating the work they put into things like that.
>
>
>
> > I can tell you don’t use forge that often.
>
> …You are very wrong about this. That’s a very strong accusation to make without knowing me or my background.

you 2 shake your d!#@$ this pissinn contest is over

> > Animated pieces are easy, a generator with a piece which turns or a covenant banner which sparkles? It’s not that much to ask.
>
> <mark>Oh so you work for a gaming studio, tell me then how easy it is?</mark> I’m sorry to be rude but it isn’t. Your under estimating the work they put into things like that.
>
>
>
> > I can tell you don’t use forge that often.
>
> …You are very wrong about this. <mark>That’s a very strong accusation to make without knowing me or my background.</mark>

Oh really? And I presume you do? Trust me animated objects take up about as much space as a shield which flickers.

I did check. I can’t understand why you can’t see how buttons would help but it’s your opinion.

> > > Animated pieces are easy, a generator with a piece which turns or a covenant banner which sparkles? It’s not that much to ask.
> >
> > Oh so you work for a gaming studio, tell me then how easy it is? I’m sorry to be rude but it isn’t. Your under estimating the work they put into things like that.
> >
> >
> >
> > > I can tell you don’t use forge that often.
> >
> > …You are very wrong about this. That’s a very strong accusation to make without knowing me or my background.
>
> you 2 shake your d!#@$ this pissinn contest is over

*You *two *-Yoink!- *-Yoink!-

Learn to use grammar properly then you can suggest what we do.

And you could at least ask nicely.

seriously?

> seriously?

*Seriously?

hahahahaha…
i mean
Haha!

> hahahahaha…
> i mean
> Haha!

Better!