Forge community is officially crippled.

Well i never thought i would say this, but the halo forge community has been crippled due to the heavily restricted custom options in halo 4. 343 could have improved the forge mode in updates, but they are so damn busy with the crapy multiplayer, that they have neglected the forge mode that most of us know and love. The only way for the forge community to survive is to go back to reach, and eventually die off due to the low population. Also, the halo 4 file share doesn’t work, and i know that its not just me. I cant upload, or save any maps to file share, and i am having the same problem with theater. So if i ever wanted to play custom games with friends, i would have to play reach. So if you ever want to play halo 4 multiplayer with me, then i would be happy to do so, but if you wanted to play halo 4 custom games, then don’t bother me.

PS, any assistance regarding the file share and/or theater would me most appreciated.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Is there anybody there?

No I agree!

Have you been to forgehub lately?

Its a ghost town in their Halo 4 Forge Section!

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/halo-4-maps-gametypes-closed-until-343i-enable-filebrowser/

Not to mention the Racing Community is completely gone

I kinda disagree. The customs that I’ve played so far in Halo 4 have all for the most part been awesome.

Sure it would help a lot if the fixed a few things, but it’s not like Forge got its leg cut off.

I love Halo 4, but Custom Options…I can’t say anything good about them

There are over 1000 people who feel the same way:

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst127421_Custom-game-options-are-unacceptable–343.aspx

I tried to make Cops and Robbers, and it was fun and extremely chaotic, but the map is TOO SMALL!

> I kinda disagree. The customs that I’ve played so far in Halo 4 have all for the most part been awesome.
>
> Sure it would help a lot if the fixed a few things, but it’s not like Forge got its leg cut off.

My friend, that’s where your wrong. The forge community mostly depended on infection based game types, like fat kid, or cops and robbers. Because the forge has always been based off of the multiplayer in a way, the game needs to have a solid multiplayer that works well with forge. But 343 failed at creating a decent infection mode and instead created this horrid flood mode. (which is -Yoink- compared to the old infection imo) The is no way anybody can remake any of the good old maps, let alone game types from previous halo games due to the defected infection mode that the forge is forced to follow. I always wanted to play as a flood combat form but not at the expense of my precious custom game nights with friends. So did the forge mode get its leg cut off, no, it got both of its legs cut off!

> > I kinda disagree. The customs that I’ve played so far in Halo 4 have all for the most part been awesome.
> >
> > Sure it would help a lot if the fixed a few things, but it’s not like Forge got its leg cut off.
>
> My friend, that’s where your wrong. The forge community mostly depended on infection based game types, like fat kid, or cops and robbers. Because the forge has always been based off of the multiplayer in a way, the game needs to have a solid multiplayer that works well with forge. But 343 failed at creating a decent infection mode and instead created this horrid flood mode. (which is Yoink! compared to the old infection imo) The is no way anybody can remake any of the good old maps, let alone game types from previous halo games due to the defected infection mode that the forge is forced to follow. I always wanted to play as a flood combat form but not at the expense of my precious custom game nights with friends. So did the forge mode get its leg cut off, no, it got both of its legs cut off!

Actually, I have seen several gametypes that are really fun with Flood Mode, I even saw a Fat Kid variant called “Obesity Classic”. And some new ones like “Pallet Town” and “Necrosis” (Why can’t you people stay together?!), and “Corpse Dump” (Thats not supposed to sound disgusting, it’s supposed to be intense with a bunch of Flood dropping down to infect you and you need to kill them with a magnum and Auto Turrets when they charge up), and a few others.

There’s even a mode where the human is the sniper and the 15 Flood have one life to get to him. Although yes, the ones where Flood are required to have other weapons to work are kind of ruined.

Has 343 said anything about the File Browser problem? Forge Hub says that the Halo 4 forum is disabled because 343 has not enabled the File Browser and the “Issues Being Investigated” thread mentions this as well. I think the Forge community deserves some kind of update (if one has been issued I haven’t seen it), and considering that Halo 4 has been out for 2 months and this still isn’t working I’m starting to wonder if it even can be fixed or if Customs are just going to remain useless on a community scale (also making 343’s goal of having more customs in matchmaking useless as well).

I think this is how it went: in a November bulletin they said the file browser should be fixed in December, in a December bulletin they said that a new feature is complicating things it should be fixed in January or early 2013.

Most of the time it will work if you search by specific gamertags, but even that has only been working sometimes. What has worked for me every time is the Halo 4 File Share in the Xbox guide menu. For non-friends you can send them a friend request or chat invitation, click on the pending request/invitation, choose Halo 4 File Share, get the goods, and delete request/invitation.

That said I do have the racing gametype substitute known as RACETRACKS on my File Share along with compatible Mario Kart 64 remakes. As of 1/2/13 I have these available: Bowsers Castle, Banshee Boardwalk, Wario Stadium, Sherbet Land, and Koopa Troopa Beach.

@Call for Power
The forge posts for ForgeHub have all been going into the Halo 4 Forge Discussion section where people have been posting “Map Previews”. HaloTracks.org also has plenty of racetracks by official Map-Makers (like myself) and amateur forgers.

I remember back in H3 when the Forge community was both born and strived. The features we have now are miles ahead of what we had back then. The Forge community may be hurt, but crippled is an overstatement, once the file browser goes back on everything will be back to normal.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Just about every community has had a toe-punt to the sack with this game. Time to move on from this money-grab of a franchise and stop filling -Yoink!-'s pockets.

I’d say the Forge community has been taking blows since Halo 3, specifically from the “competitive” community, who deject their efforts at creating maps by attacking every map that’s not 100% symmetrical and lifting their nose at any “creative” maps. This got worse in Reach where they felt that their word was law, making it harder to create more maps for the same reasons (outside of Horse), and with the limited options in Halo 4 they probably don’t have much incentive to keep going.