Forge Canvas(s) Tidal

Okay I like that we are getting a water forge map but the thing I hate and I know it will happen, is that if we even LOOK at the water we will die, ooh let’s forge ther…died by the guardians. Also worst part is that this OUR new very small forge canvas. It may look big from pictures but as far as I can tell, it’s smaller than parrallax and alpine maps. I was hoping for 3 new Forge Canvas(s) at least, sigh…

It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.

This is because Aqua Man is pissed off after being called lame by many.

But in all seriousness, this canvas will be more than just water. I’m just hoping that an update comes with this where you can actually go in the water like Halo 3.

I’m not sure how you can think this is the smallest Forge canvas yet without even playing it first. You literally have no way of telling the size from pictures whatsoever.

Did you play Halo 2 Anniversary?? That game had a Forge canvas that was completely water and you could go knees deep in the water, no where on the map would the water kill you. I can almost guarantee you that you will be able to walk on the in this canvas like you could in H2A.

There are a couple points on the current map with water, the name eludes me, where you can go completely underwater without dying.

> 2533274976607648;2:
> It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.

Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…

> 2533274895603860;3:
> This is because Aqua Man is pissed off after being called lame by many.
> But in all seriousness, this canvas will be more than just water. I’m just hoping that an update comes with this where you can actually go in the water like Halo 3.

Update to go in water like halo 3 would be wonderful but won’t happen.

Shh…I think aquaman will be in the water update as a prop if you don’t be careful…
money with micro-transactions.

> 2533274837720524;4:
> I’m not sure how you can think this is the smallest Forge canvas yet without even playing it first. You literally have no way of telling the size from pictures whatsoever.

But I can guess comparing built forge maps on alpine, parrallax, and glacier by using my image mapping ability and figure out that the new map will be 1/10th smaller than the first 3 plus just knowing 343i, bungie, 4j and all other game companies not listening to their fans that they all have one common goal, -Yoink- the fans and make money. We want billions, we need billions for Xbox Scorpio.

It would be very cool if you could go under water, and even create air pockets under water with some sort of tool, so that way you can have under water bases without the water being inside them. It would also be nice to add bodies of water… I wonder if they could do that…

> 2533274918639469;1:
> Also worst part is that this OUR new very small forge canvas. It may look big from pictures but as far as I can tell, it’s smaller than parrallax and alpine maps.

How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

> 2533274814550076;9:
> > 2533274918639469;1:
> > Also worst part is that this OUR new very small forge canvas. It may look big from pictures but as far as I can tell, it’s smaller than parrallax and alpine maps.
>
>
> How the hell did you come to that conclusion?

Don’t ask, I predict the future.

You’ll end up almost getting ran over tomorrow by a school bus, turn left instead of right at the right time and you’ll be safe

> 2533274918639469;7:
> > 2533274976607648;2:
> > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
>
>
> Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…
>
>
> > 2533274895603860;3:
> > This is because Aqua Man is pissed off after being called lame by many.
> > But in all seriousness, this canvas will be more than just water. I’m just hoping that an update comes with this where you can actually go in the water like Halo 3.
>
>
> Update to go in water like halo 3 would be wonderful but won’t happen.
>
>
>
> Shh…I think aquaman will be in the water update as a prop if you don’t be careful…
> money with micro-transactions.
>

>
>
>
>
> > 2533274837720524;4:
> > I’m not sure how you can think this is the smallest Forge canvas yet without even playing it first. You literally have no way of telling the size from pictures whatsoever.
>
>
> But I can guess comparing built forge maps on alpine, parrallax, and glacier by using my image mapping ability and figure out that the new map will be 1/10th smaller than the first 3 plus just knowing 343i, bungie, 4j and all other game companies not listening to their fans that they all have one common goal, -Yoink- the fans and make money. We want billions, we need billions for Xbox Scorpio.

… You used maps built on completely different canvases, with completely and obviously different structures and scale, and a completely unknown point of reference to determine that this one is a tenth the size of the others?

Not only is that assumption ludicrous and blatantly ridiculous, it isn’t supported at all. There are some very notable differences on Tidal, the object scaling for one thing is different.
You don’t even know where the boundary is, you literally can’t see it. Parallax is just open space, and actually has a pretty good sized space to work with. But trying to guess based on one image of Parallax, without even knowing where you are in the map? That’s insane, and it’s exactly what you’re doing with Tidal. All you see is water, with absolutely no way to tell how far out you can go.

> 2533274907934539;11:
> > 2533274918639469;7:
> > > 2533274976607648;2:
> > > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
> >
> >
> > Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…
> >
> >
> > > 2533274895603860;3:
> > > This is because Aqua Man is pissed off after being called lame by many.
> > > But in all seriousness, this canvas will be more than just water. I’m just hoping that an update comes with this where you can actually go in the water like Halo 3.
> >
> >
> > Update to go in water like halo 3 would be wonderful but won’t happen.
> >
> >
> >
> > Shh…I think aquaman will be in the water update as a prop if you don’t be careful…
> > money with micro-transactions.
> >

> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > 2533274837720524;4:
> > > I’m not sure how you can think this is the smallest Forge canvas yet without even playing it first. You literally have no way of telling the size from pictures whatsoever.
> >
> >
> > But I can guess comparing built forge maps on alpine, parrallax, and glacier by using my image mapping ability and figure out that the new map will be 1/10th smaller than the first 3 plus just knowing 343i, bungie, 4j and all other game companies not listening to their fans that they all have one common goal, -Yoink- the fans and make money. We want billions, we need billions for Xbox Scorpio.
>
>
> … You used maps built on completely different canvases, with completely and obviously different structures and scale, and a completely unknown point of reference to determine that this one is a tenth the size of the others?
>
> Not only is that assumption ludicrous and blatantly ridiculous, it isn’t supported at all. There are some very notable differences on Tidal, the object scaling for one thing is different.
> You don’t even know where the boundary is, you literally can’t see it. Parallax is just open space, and actually has a pretty good sized space to work with. But trying to guess based on one image of Parallax, without even knowing where you are in the map? That’s insane, and it’s exactly what you’re doing with Tidal. All you see is water, with absolutely no way to tell how far out you can go.

That water is the canvas. All the pictures released isn’t forgeable. They want to keep it a surprise. Also I was being a -Yoink-, but what I meant is I took already forged maps which you would of understood and pasted them in the picture, adjusted size. No matter what, IT IS guaranteed to be smaller than the others. Even if you believe my comparisons are ludricous and silly, IT will be smaller no matter what and it WILL be small as you Won’t be forging in water. thus half the map gone.

> 2533274918639469;12:
> > 2533274907934539;11:
> > > 2533274918639469;7:
> > > > 2533274976607648;2:
> > > > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
> > >
> > >
> > > Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274895603860;3:
> > > > This is because Aqua Man is pissed off after being called lame by many.
> > > > But in all seriousness, this canvas will be more than just water. I’m just hoping that an update comes with this where you can actually go in the water like Halo 3.
> > >
> > >
> > > Update to go in water like halo 3 would be wonderful but won’t happen.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Shh…I think aquaman will be in the water update as a prop if you don’t be careful…
> > > money with micro-transactions.
> > >

> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > 2533274837720524;4:
> > > > I’m not sure how you can think this is the smallest Forge canvas yet without even playing it first. You literally have no way of telling the size from pictures whatsoever.
> > >
> > >
> > > But I can guess comparing built forge maps on alpine, parrallax, and glacier by using my image mapping ability and figure out that the new map will be 1/10th smaller than the first 3 plus just knowing 343i, bungie, 4j and all other game companies not listening to their fans that they all have one common goal, -Yoink- the fans and make money. We want billions, we need billions for Xbox Scorpio.
> >
> >
> > … You used maps built on completely different canvases, with completely and obviously different structures and scale, and a completely unknown point of reference to determine that this one is a tenth the size of the others?
> >
> > Not only is that assumption ludicrous and blatantly ridiculous, it isn’t supported at all. There are some very notable differences on Tidal, the object scaling for one thing is different.
> > You don’t even know where the boundary is, you literally can’t see it. Parallax is just open space, and actually has a pretty good sized space to work with. But trying to guess based on one image of Parallax, without even knowing where you are in the map? That’s insane, and it’s exactly what you’re doing with Tidal. All you see is water, with absolutely no way to tell how far out you can go.
>
>
> That water is the canvas. All the pictures released isn’t forgeable. They want to keep it a surprise. Also I was being a -Yoink-, but what I meant is I took already forged maps which you would of understood and pasted them in the picture, adjusted size. No matter what, IT IS guaranteed to be smaller than the others. Even if you believe my comparisons are ludricous and silly, IT will be smaller no matter what and it WILL be small as you Won’t be forging in water. thus half the map gone.

How can you scale it when you don’t have a reference? You don’t know how far away the camera is, and only one of the two pictures we have actually has something in it. And in that picture, there are very new objects and different scales.

The previous commenters have already noted that H2A had a water map that you could walk on, so simply assuming that the water is an absolute death barrier is not justified. And again, you’re right, it is all water. Which is exactly why you can’t say how big it is. There is no indication, no reference.

> 2533274907934539;13:
> > 2533274918639469;12:
> > > 2533274907934539;11:
> > > > 2533274918639469;7:
> > > > > 2533274976607648;2:
> > > > > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274895603860;3:
> > > > > This is because Aqua Man is pissed off after being called lame by many.
> > > > > But in all seriousness, this canvas will be more than just water. I’m just hoping that an update comes with this where you can actually go in the water like Halo 3.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Update to go in water like halo 3 would be wonderful but won’t happen.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Shh…I think aquaman will be in the water update as a prop if you don’t be careful…
> > > > money with micro-transactions.
> > > >

> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > 2533274837720524;4:
> > > > > I’m not sure how you can think this is the smallest Forge canvas yet without even playing it first. You literally have no way of telling the size from pictures whatsoever.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > But I can guess comparing built forge maps on alpine, parrallax, and glacier by using my image mapping ability and figure out that the new map will be 1/10th smaller than the first 3 plus just knowing 343i, bungie, 4j and all other game companies not listening to their fans that they all have one common goal, -Yoink- the fans and make money. We want billions, we need billions for Xbox Scorpio.
> > >
> > >
> > > … You used maps built on completely different canvases, with completely and obviously different structures and scale, and a completely unknown point of reference to determine that this one is a tenth the size of the others?
> > >
> > > Not only is that assumption ludicrous and blatantly ridiculous, it isn’t supported at all. There are some very notable differences on Tidal, the object scaling for one thing is different.
> > > You don’t even know where the boundary is, you literally can’t see it. Parallax is just open space, and actually has a pretty good sized space to work with. But trying to guess based on one image of Parallax, without even knowing where you are in the map? That’s insane, and it’s exactly what you’re doing with Tidal. All you see is water, with absolutely no way to tell how far out you can go.
> >
> >
> > That water is the canvas. All the pictures released isn’t forgeable. They want to keep it a surprise. Also I was being a -Yoink-, but what I meant is I took already forged maps which you would of understood and pasted them in the picture, adjusted size. No matter what, IT IS guaranteed to be smaller than the others. Even if you believe my comparisons are ludricous and silly, IT will be smaller no matter what and it WILL be small as you Won’t be forging in water. thus half the map gone.
>
>
> How can you scale it when you don’t have a reference? You don’t know how far away the camera is, and only one of the two pictures we have actually has something in it. And in that picture, there are very new objects and different scales.
>
> The previous commenters have already noted that H2A had a water map that you could walk on, so simply assuming that the water is an absolute death barrier is not justified. And again, you’re right, it is all water. Which is exactly why you can’t say how big it is. There is no indication, no reference.

I’m basing off the fact that 343i won’t make forge maps bigger than the 3 we have as a reference stating there a bunch of *ssholes that want money which you would of understood if you actually read the minor insults I’ve been dropping but atlas no one see’s them. Also this is halo 5, not halo 2 nor 3, so I’m basing the new forge canvas from halo 4’s forge island, where the (Same 343i) made it impractical to forge on the water. Again, I base off what I know and I know 343i are greedy company that doesn’t actually care for the people.

Also, do not get on the sub train tomorrow, stay on foot.

> 2533274918639469;7:
> > 2533274976607648;2:
> > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
>
>
> Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…

Except it’s a totally different game, the halo games have never been able to swin, ya know… beeing 1000 pound armour…
want to have a game like minecraft… guess what, there is a game for that, yeah… it’s called minecraft. don’t try to ruin halo with a kids game

> 2533274942042829;15:
> > 2533274918639469;7:
> > > 2533274976607648;2:
> > > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
> >
> >
> > Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…
>
>
> Except it’s a totally different game, the halo games have never been able to swin, ya know… beeing 1000 pound armour…
> want to have a game like minecraft… guess what, there is a game for that, yeah… it’s called minecraft. don’t try to ruin halo with a kids game

Except Halo 1. The physics were over the top crazy!!!

> 2533274942042829;15:
> > 2533274918639469;7:
> > > 2533274976607648;2:
> > >
>
>
> want to have a game like minecraft… guess what, there is a game for that, yeah… it’s called minecraft.

This made me laugh.

> 2533274942042829;15:
> > 2533274918639469;7:
> > > 2533274976607648;2:
> > > It’s not like any of the msps will be built on the existing landscape anyway.
> >
> >
> > Yeah I know but point is we keep asking for a map where we can actually walk from air to underwater if we wanted to just like minecraft and every other game but I guess master chief dies if he touches just a small amount of water…
>
>
> Except it’s a totally different game, the halo games have never been able to swin, ya know… beeing 1000 pound armour…
> want to have a game like minecraft… guess what, there is a game for that, yeah… it’s called minecraft. don’t try to ruin halo with a kids game

Gfx are sh*t in minecraft. Heavy armour in halo would make it so we couldn’t run, heavy armour would make us slower, with all the heavy equipment we should take damage but we don’t. So don’t argue a point of realism when half of halo today is absolutely flawed plus there is way too high aim assist, so halo is actually more minecraft than you think. Again, I can make more points about both flaws and pros of every game, point is this new tidal map will be the size of parralax with half cut off for non-forgeable water, so smaller by 1/10 of all the others.

> Except Halo 1. The physics were over the top crazy!!!

Makes me want to buy halo 1 now.

As someone who has actually played on Tidal I can say 343i dropped the ball BUT! It is fixable, all 343i has to do is move the underwater kill boundary down just a wee bit, enough for us to be able to crouch underwater without being killed by all that pressure that the devs had tried to convince us existed since Reach. I mean at least Forge World had a small area where you could stay alive on the ocen floor, so did Forge Island in 4, as did Awash in H2A, but Halo 5, you’d be better off Forging on Alpine, Fathom, or Riptide if you want to make a decent water themed map. 343i doesn’t seem to understand Halo is fictional, saying that the pressure of 12 feet of water would be enough to kill a spartan is like saying a the force of a dust mote falling is enough to squish an ant.

I was a little disappointed that you can’t make underwater maps on Tidal. Reach did it fairly well with both the underwater fog and the audio modification. The weapon effects didn’t work too well though, (an alpha blending problem maybe?) but that could be fixed.

I would love to see underwater combat in a Halo game, it’s an unexplored area and one that could have many exciting consequences for weapon, grenade or character physics.

Edit: Also, I experienced strange behavior where a large flat land piece was causing my Spartan to play water footsteps when walking around on a part of the object that was elevated well above the water. This leads me to believe that the trigger for water footsteps is only checks if the object is below a certain height and not if the player is instead. Kinda strange in my opinion. Hopefully 343 will fix.