Forge and Brute = OP

So I have been playing a lot of 2v2’s lately with my friend. I play as forge and he plays as brute. Well I first hog rush while he brute rushes. It is a wee bit funny to hog rush with forge instead of anders, but I found a quite good strategy.We are on about a 20 win streak and have only come close to losing once. The only thing we really find it hard to beat is a good arby. But any ways, back to the game. We rushed and we usually destroyed one of the main bases. If we didn’t and they took out all our units, I would just turn the game around and go tanks. I usually expand and build a vehicle depot and then just start upgrading my tanks. By the time I have lost all my hogs, I have power turret. Thats when I start double pumping tanks. By that time, we have already won the game because my friend usually goes banchees and I go power turret. Forge and Brute are a pretty good combo! Don’t say a hog rush could beat this because that’s just straigt B.S. If someone hog rushes in 2v2 (As I’m doing) then I would have my friend take them out with his brutes. My good brute rush is me getting them out in 1:25 and attacking at 1:30 being as they teleport to the brute (I have my brute at there base by then). If you have any suggestions to my strategy, please leave a post.

~TPZxGaming~

Try making hornets while the brute makes jackels and hunters…

get the brute to include a turret at the front of his base to stop his lift from being camped by enemy hogs(just 2 hogs can put a brute squad in red zone health making it easier to be raged down). check to see how the opposing unsc player is doing before going straight to power turret. if they already have tanks out then you really need to get your own out instead of going straight to pt. don’t build too many hogs either because it really puts your second base behind; if the enemy unsc has their second base and are left untouched they will have tanks and power turret faster than you will.

on some maps, like repository, hogs aren’t as useful for attacking so it is usually best for the brute player to send 1 click of supplies to the forge so he can get a second base immediately and then go for tanks or if it is really needed a barracks for flamers. brute should go temple third and then attack with 2 or 3 brutes.

> Try making hornets while the brute makes jackels and hunters…

don’t make jackals, hunters or hornets in 2v2. all of them are countered by double summit banshees.

How to counter:
Arby plays defence, pushes off brute rush, attack with tanks and t1 arbiter before forge puts up canny reactor.

> So I have been playing a lot of 2v2’s lately with my friend. I play as forge and he plays as brute. Well I first hog rush while he brute rushes. It is a wee bit funny to hog rush with forge instead of anders, but I found a quite good strategy.We are on about a 20 win streak and have only come close to losing once. The only thing we really find it hard to beat is a good arby. But any ways, back to the game. We rushed and we usually destroyed one of the main bases. If we didn’t and they took out all our units, I would just turn the game around and go tanks. I usually expand and build a vehicle depot and then just start upgrading my tanks. By the time I have lost all my hogs, I have power turret. Thats when I start double pumping tanks. By that time, we have already won the game because my friend usually goes banchees and I go power turret. Forge and Brute are a pretty good combo! Don’t say a hog rush could beat this because that’s just straigt B.S. If someone hog rushes in 2v2 (As I’m doing) then I would have my friend take them out with his brutes. My good brute rush is me getting them out in 1:25 and attacking at 1:30 being as they teleport to the brute (I have my brute at there base by then). If you have any suggestions to my strategy, please leave a post.
>
>
> ~TPZxGaming~

Alright, well, it sounds like you are playing that combo very well. However, you will find that on most maps, you will have no chance of winning. It is easy to out-hog a single base Forge when a Cutter or Anders has an expo. Once you don’t have hog lead, it’s gg because they can camp your Brute and deny his Summits and you, who went for early hogs and not Tanks, cannot do anything about it for a couple of minutes. In this time, your Chief will have already been pushed off and you won’t have a strong expo.

Your combo works very well on maps like Beasley’s and a can be effective depending on the other team’s combo on Terminal and Repository. But, Brute/Forge has no chance against a Cutter or an Anders on Memorial, Crevice, Docks, Labyrinth (if they have an Arby), and will sometimes not work on Repo (again, depending on their combo). Brute/Forge never works out if they have an Arby on an expansion map because you have to be more careful with your hogs and your first few Tanks, which will already be far behind their Tanks, and can be easily raged down. Against another Brute/UNSC (not Forge) combo, you have to get the hog lead, deny depos, and nearly finish their Covi or you will lose very quickly.

The weakness to the combo is the Forge because Chief can’t click him for the expo and he will indefinitely lose Tank lead because of this unless the Chief 1v2s the Tank war for 7mins with Banshees. Personally, I really like this combo because of the Forge economy with the Brute’s offense and if his hogs are used right, Forge can take his lead back, but air the air war has to be a shutout or you’re screwed.

The combo I run more often is Arby/Forge. It’s a lot better at covering the Forge early on until he has a Tank lead and can give him a click for an early expo. But, once again, the biggest weakness to the combo is the Forge; the Arby is only there to cover that weakness. The early expo is too important in 2s and is too big a factor on at least half of the 2s maps. You’ll find that you get combo screwed on most maps with a Forge. But, if you get built up as the Forge, nobody can stop you and it’s gg. The problem with Forge in 2s is the whole “getting built up” part.

> get the brute to include a turret at the front of his base to stop his lift from being camped by enemy hogs.

Umm… not really. It sounds like he’s going T1 (which I’d recommend with Forge/Brute), so he won’t be able to afford a turret and build Brutes. I’d rather have Forge split his hogs and keep one or two back on defense to scare away the early campers (+ Chopper = OP counter spawn camp).

> check to see how the opposing unsc player is doing before going straight to power turret. if they already have tanks out then you really need to get your own out instead of going straight to pt.

Yes.

> don’t build too many hogs either because it really puts your second base behind; if the enemy unsc has their second base and are left untouched they will have tanks and power turret faster than you will.

Actually, at around 3-4mins, building an extra hog doesn’t do hardly anything about stopping your expo. But, it is good to know when you just don’t need to build them anymore. But, the purpose of building the early hogs is to slow the other UNSC down enough to get a Tank lead. Doing extra damage to their Covi is great and all, but it won’t matter if you let them get Tanks out too early. You will have to figure out how to deny depos and spawn camp at the same time.

> on some maps, like repository, hogs aren’t as useful for attacking so it is usually best for the brute player to send 1 click of supplies to the forge so he can get a second base immediately and then go for tanks or if it is really needed a barracks for flamers. brute should go temple third and then attack with 2 or 3 brutes.

I’m sorry, but no no no no no no. Brute always needs to play offense or the Forge will get screwed by their air. The Chief will get pushed on and lose air lead, which means you just lost Tank lead. If you need flamers at any point with this combo, that means you were failing on the hogs. Repo is one of the maps that you should always build hogs on with Forge/Brute. But, a map like Terminal is better for going early Tanks, especially if you have the good hooks for that map because you can’t afford hogs and hooks with Forge in a timely manner like you could with Cutter or Anders.

> on some maps, like repository, hogs aren’t as useful for attacking so it is usually best for the brute player to send 1 click of supplies to the forge so he can get a second base immediately and then go for tanks or if it is really needed a barracks for flamers. brute should go temple third and then attack with 2 or 3 brutes.

On repository, I can have twice the amount of brute squads you are talking about with a few sentinels really early on just by taking the middle. I got temple first and send mr chieftain down to mid and gather the 800+ supplies down there while collecting supplies with the chopper, making brute squads and WH’s

Legskindal: Well, You say I play this combo well but I’ll find it that on most maps i’ll lose? That honestly makes no sense first of all, second of all, we went on a 30 win streak and lost to an arby and an anders. I forgot to tell you that on maps like repository or anything that has a reactor, we grab it first before anyone, and also, when I play brute (I’m a way better brute player than my friend) if there is a reactor on the map, I will take my chieftan close to the reactor, but not close enough to be attacked, and wait till I have my first brute squad out. Once I have the first one, I lock my base and put the brute squad into the reactor. On Repository there are 2 and I usually take the second one also. If I do this strategy on this kind of map, I usually will end up attacking with 3 brute squads (fully upgraded) and it will usually be about 3:25 into the game. I usually attack UNSC first( if there is a covy) and I usually harass his base and if I can, destroy it. If I went tanks right away, then I would be at risk of the usual 2v2 players, rushing. I only rush because I know that there going to be rushing too(If there smart). If the other team does rush, then we are just base trading, and when i’m attacking there base and there attacking mine, I don’t really care because I’ll just wait for them to come back. Anyways, if you think I would lose on almost any map, then I’m pretty sure your wrong…

> Legskindal: Well, You say I play this combo well but I’ll find it that on most maps i’ll lose? That honestly makes no sense first of all, second of all, we went on a 30 win streak and lost to an arby and an anders. I forgot to tell you that on maps like repository or anything that has a reactor, we grab it first before anyone, and also, when I play brute (I’m a way better brute player than my friend) if there is a reactor on the map, I will take my chieftan close to the reactor, but not close enough to be attacked, and wait till I have my first brute squad out. Once I have the first one, I lock my base and put the brute squad into the reactor. On Repository there are 2 and I usually take the second one also. If I do this strategy on this kind of map, I usually will end up attacking with 3 brute squads (fully upgraded) and it will usually be about 3:25 into the game. I usually attack UNSC first( if there is a covy) and I usually harass his base and if I can, destroy it. If I went tanks right away, then I would be at risk of the usual 2v2 players, rushing. I only rush because I know that there going to be rushing too(If there smart). If the other team does rush, then we are just base trading, and when i’m attacking there base and there attacking mine, I don’t really care because I’ll just wait for them to come back. Anyways, if you think I would lose on almost any map, then I’m pretty sure your wrong…

When he says you play it well but will lose, what me means is there are better combinations of leaders which will have a huge advantage over you. Once you get to the high 30s you will run into a lot of arby/cutter arby/anders brute/cutter and you will be on the back foot because of your leader choice.

Repository has no hooks, do you mean Terminal Moraine? If so, as an example on Terminal, I play with Diablo Soul, him anders, me arby. He typically goes 5 hogs gauss which he’ll have at 3:55. I’ll be camping your lift so the three brutes you made aren’t going anywhere. Even if you distract my arby with forges hogs and get the brutes out, there’s nothing they can do in the 30 seconds they’re going to be alive.

Even if you managed to get the hook, he’ll have grenadier before you do, and arby + grenadier will still beat anything you’ve got.

To simplify things, if your buddy insists on playing forge, you go arby. if you insist on brute, get him to learn cutter or anders. Because Anders will always be able to tech faster, is a more adaptable leader and a cutter will always be able to expand faster and safer thus getting more tanks faster.