Forge always online is a big problem

My only real grip about Forge is that it’s always online, plus the fact that when Xbox One loses support one day, all of the maps we make will be destroyed, never to be seen again. In other words, if I wanted to show my grand kids my Halo 5 maps one day, it would have to be by video, because the originals will be gone.

Another problematic scenario is, if I was Forging and I haven’t saved the map in a while, then the internet goes out, I’m screwed. That would be like typing a huge document in -Yoink!- Word, then losing everything you typed, because someone knocked over the router.

Problem with servers. Keeps kicking me out!!!

Indeed, always online anything is a problem. Nintendo is the only game makers that know this. If only the Xbox One did that too… still bugs me that achievements only unlock online.

> 2533274834531709;3:
> Indeed, always online anything is a problem. Nintendo is the only game makers that know this. If only the Xbox One did that too… still bugs me that achievements only unlock online.

I can understand achievements being online only, because people could hack/cheat, but Forge is like a tool used for hard work and creativity. That would be like typing a huge document in -Yoink!- Word, then losing everything you typed, because someone knocked over the router.

Don’t show your grandkids your halo 5 maps they’ll beat you up.

> 2533274825129500;5:
> Don’t show your grandkids your halo 5 maps they’ll beat you up.

Wat?

Anyways, I was able to show my nephew my Reach maps on my old dusty Xbox 360 100% offline, and I’ll still be able to do that for future generations forever. These Halo 5 maps though? Nope, because they have an unknown expiration date. 2022 maybe? Who knows…