Forge 3.0 "Skins" to fix the Blandness

I have been Forging a lot lately and have noticed one prominent problem with the current pallet. It is just too bland, there is veery little variety, and lack of color.

When i was working around with one of my maps i though of something, “What if i could select a different skin for each piece?”

That got me thinking even harder, then i popped in my head. The system would be like this

You press X when holding an object,

-Advanced Option
-Skins
-Covenant, Forerunner, UNSC, Desert, Grassland, Snow,Other

Having almost every building piece have different skins available would allow for better looking maps.
some pieces wouldn’t be able to support this feature so they would go under a separate category under “Architecture”, the pieces that could only have one skin would under that category and into other sub categories.

This isn’t the first time I’ve read about this idea. But this isn’t the first time that I’ll say ‘yes’ either.

YESYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYSYEYSYYSYYSEYSYEYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYYEYSYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!

1000 times YES! This would be a great addition if possible in the next Halo game.

Already said, but its a great idea.

I don’t understand.

Sandbox: everything is tan or a golden color
Foundry: everything is a pale green or grey color
Forge World: everything is grey, the blue colored glass, or any color that you set the objects to.

If anything, Forge World has more color in it; people just don’t like grey.

> I don’t understand.
>
> Sandbox: everything is tan or a golden color
> Foundry: everything is a pale green or grey color
> Forge World: everything is grey, the blue colored glass, or any color that you set the objects to.
>
> If anything, Forge World has more color in it; people just don’t like grey.

Foundry wasn’t about color but also the style of the objects like fences and green boxes Bridges but everything was extremely detailed with multiple colors.

Sounds good. And time option would be great also (like night and day but with a timer). I’m not that good with english but hope that you understand!

Low resoloution items, like they were from CE, would be nice too. Anti aliasing gets annoying with all the straight lines on the grey forge pieces.

> I have been Forging a lot lately and have noticed one prominent problem with the current pallet. It is just too bland, there is veery little variety, and lack of color.
>
> When i was working around with one of my maps i though of something, “What if i could select a different skin for each piece?”
>
> That got me thinking even harder, then i popped in my head. The system would be like this
>
> You press X when holding an object,
>
> -Advanced Option
> -Skins
> -Covenant, Forerunner, UNSC, Desert, Grassland, Snow,Other
>
> Having almost every building piece have different skins available would allow for better looking maps.
> some pieces wouldn’t be able to support this feature so they would go under a separate category under “Architecture”, the pieces that could only have one skin would under that category and into other sub categories.

actualy, you would not need to list them in a different category, just dont have the skins option under advanced options for those items, therefor keeping all the items of a type together and still allowing skins to be changed on the items that can have skins changed.

a few ideas i had, based on yours, and some others… visual filters, like the ‘next-gen’ or **‘purple’ (**as just two examples) from reach, every map has its own enviroment, what if the halo 4 version of forge has a default enviroment for each map, like above breakpoint is an icy enviroment and spire is desert enviroment, but have an option, like a visual filter that changes the enviroment, water freezes over, or dries out, trees get a snow cap or turn to leafless branches and dried wood, the grass becomes sand, or snow (possibly with grass poking through here and there)

this shouldn’t be hard to do either, under gadgets where you have sub lists for teleporters/mancannos/SFX/etc, have anohter option for enviroment and it is set to the maps default but can be changed to one of the others.

and the visual filters you can place affect each enviroment the same way but add a night filter otherwise you’ll be stuck making the map itself dark with say the purple and next-gen filters but its still sunny blue skies with clouds…

edit
also on the time of day idea, just thought, maybe a dawn/dusk filter. so you can either be mid-day, mid-night, or have the impressive oranges and purples of sun rise/set