forfeiting is a must

well I’ve wondered if we should be given an option to forfeit. Most of the times your down a player or two, sometimes your just flat out getting spanked. I know the game “Hero’s Order and Chaos” will let your team forfeit if your whole team agrees to it.

Should we be able to forfeit? It would still count against you as a loss but you don’t have to worry about your stats going down the toilet or wasting either teams time.

it shouldn’t even be an option to forfeit unless the other team is way ahead of you. Plus maybe it gives the other team a small bonus for beating you into submission.

idk I’m torn about it. What are your thoughts or suggestions to make this idea better.

EDIT: just realized that we can report player for “quitting early.” You have so select their gamer tag after the match, then “view gamer card” and then “report”. It takes about 10 second and can be done while waiting on a match to start. Lets use this people!

> 2640503352964730;1:
> well I’ve wondered if we should be given an option to forfeit. Sometimes your down a player or two, sometimes your just flat out getting spanked. I know the game “Hero’s Order and Chaos” will let your team forfeit if your whole team agrees to it
>
> Should we be able to forfeit? It would still count against you as a loss but you don’t have to worry about your stats going down the toilet or wasting either teams time.
>
> it shouldn’t even be an option to forfeit unless the other team is way ahead of you. Plus maybe it gives the other team a small bonus for beating you into submission.
>
> idk I’m torn about it. What are your thoughts or suggestions to make this idea better.

Um…no
People just need to stick it out, besides its fun to steal all the kills for yourself when,.you’re down on teammates

I understand the premise of your idea, but it would take a lot of fine tuning. If you worked out all the bugs you might have a brilliant idea. It would be nice to just give up when your team is 13-45, I will admit.

I would like something like this that only becomes available when at least one player on your team abandoned. I hate when people quit matches and it becomes a 2+1 afk+1 quit vs. 4 player team, but you get penalized if u quit.

This seems like nice idea, but in all honesty, because the quit penalties are so completely and utterly toothless, I don’t really see why you wouldn’t just quit a match like that. Especially since they seem (to me at least) to be a rarity these days (H4), unlike the the days of H2 and H3 when the ranking system couldn’t find it’s -Yoink- with both hands and lop-sided matches were commonplace.

> 2533274873843883;5:
> This seems like nice idea, but in all honesty, because the quit penalties are so completely and utterly toothless, I don’t really see why you wouldn’t just quit a match like that. Especially since they seem (to me at least) to be a rarity these days (H4), unlike the the days of H2 and H3 when the ranking system couldn’t find it’s -Yoink- with both hands and lop-sided matches were commonplace.

that’s true. The quit penalties are not very steep.

III Tyler S170 had this idea

I really don’t like the idea of being able to forfeit. I don’t want teams to just quit because they’re getting spanked. That takes all the fun out of winning and will probably affect something like XP or win count. It sucks when people ditch your team and it turns into a 3v4 or 2v4 but matchmaking would be awful if every other game you played was a forfeit

> 2535454077765866;3:
> I understand the premise of your idea, but it would take a lot of fine tuning. If you worked out all the bugs you might have a brilliant idea. It would be nice to just give up when your team is 13-45, I will admit.

why would it take a lot of fine tuning? Just set a simple threshold or two. If one team leads the other by x or more amount of kills after xx:xx on gameclock - players on losing team all receive a subtle in-game vote on whether or not they’d prefer to forfeit.

Don’t ever force the game to end. An in-game vote would be perfectly fine and I personally think it’s a pretty solid idea. Maybe slow down the pointless “my teammates quit rage threads”.

Could be incredible. To prevent people from quitting at the last second, it should have a timer. Also, maybe atleast a third of the other team should have to accept it, kind of like voting to boot people, because I know my friend and I refuse to fight the other team when their teammates quit, and we sometimes even hang around them and shoot our teammates with plasmas, so yeah, maybe it could even end in a hand shake animation, with the losing team carrying a white flag. Could be incredible for not wasting time with another team that clearly isn’t having fun and is gonna lose.

That would have been great when I was alone( my 7 noob teamates quit) againt a team of 8 halo3 veterants ( 15k + games). It lasted for 15 min. 16 kills 56 deaths . Forfeit when down by 6 players would be ok

> 2535454470576309;11:
> That would have been great when I was alone( my 7 noob teamates quit) againt a team of 8 halo3 veterants ( 15k + games). It lasted for 15 min. 16 kills 56 deaths . Forfeit when down by 6 players would be ok

yeah it doesn’t get much worse than that!

> 2533274946634226;9:
> > 2535454077765866;3:
> > I understand the premise of your idea, but it would take a lot of fine tuning. If you worked out all the bugs you might have a brilliant idea. It would be nice to just give up when your team is 13-45, I will admit.
>
>
> why would it take a lot of fine tuning? Just set a simple threshold or two. If one team leads the other by x or more amount of kills after xx:xx on gameclock - players on losing team all receive a subtle in-game vote on whether or not they’d prefer to forfeit.
>
> Don’t ever force the game to end. An in-game vote would be perfectly fine and I personally think it’s a pretty solid idea. Maybe slow down the pointless “my teammates quit rage threads”.

I don’t know if it even needs a timer for slayer games. Maybe just for objective based games it would need a timer.

I think once your down by x, lets just say 20 kills in a game to 50, you should just be able to press the start button and have “forfeit” as an option. It if click it then it would appear on your teammates screen giving them the option to accept or decline.
if any of them decline then your team can’t forfeit.

I hate quitters so much, if they add some option like this they must reintroduce join in progress (before half of the mach is done)

> 2533274892367695;14:
> I hate quitters so much, if they add some option like this they must reintroduce join in progress (before half of the mach is done)

Why?
What does JIP have to do with one time getting their -Yoinks!- kicked 35-5 with say 7min left in a match, and them getting a vote to submit to their inevitable defeat a little early?

That’s not quitting, and the entire idea is a constructive, positive way to lessen the amount of games players quit. Did you read anything said in this thread at all?

> 2533274892367695;14:
> I hate quitters so much, if they add some option like this they must reintroduce join in progress (before half of the mach is done)

quitters are always going to quit! We both hate that! This idea can’t stop them but here is what it can do.

  1. it can help players from playing boring matches where they just get spanked or do the spanking
  2. it can help better teams rank up a little faster by giving a small boost for a submission.
  3. stop matches like CTF multi-flag where one team Is better and after getting ahead reverts to just slaying the opposite team just to boost stats.
  4. help protect your stats if your teammates quit out

> 2640503352964730;13:
> I don’t know if it even needs a timer for slayer games. Maybe just for objective based games it would need a timer.I think once your down by x, lets just say 20 kills in a game to 50, you should just be able to press the start button and have “forfeit” as an option. It if click it then it would appear on your teammates screen giving them the option to accept or decline. if any of them decline then your team can’t forfeit.

Well, based on my experience, 20 kill leads (prior to team in lead reaching at least 40) are not guaranteed victories by any stretch of the imagination. Amount of time remaining is your most improtant variable here. If there is half a game-clock that’s yet to expire, and you’re losing 35-5, the forfeit vote feature is a no-brainer, excellent addition.

If you just have a teammate in the bathroom, and another replacing batteries as a match begins, you can fall behind 20-0 in less than a couple minutes pretty easy. However, that lead is in no way insurmountable either. In truly, working, functional ranked Halo playlists - Games rush out to big leads all the time and often the teams who had that lead aren’t who wins the match.

it’s a good idea, but the clock is extremely important, IMO.

> 2640503352964730;16:
> > 2533274892367695;14:
> > I hate quitters so much, if they add some option like this they must reintroduce join in progress (before half of the mach is done)
>
>
> quitters are always going to quit! We both hate that! This idea can’t stop them but here is what it can do.
> 1) it can help players from playing boring matches where they just get spanked or do the spanking
> 2) it can help better teams rank up a little faster by giving a small boost for a submission.
> 3) stop matches like CTF multi-flag where one team Is better and after getting ahead reverts to just slaying the opposite team just to boost stats.
> 4) help protect your stats if your teammates quit out

mmh… well, I didn’t mean it is a bad idea, I think JIP is an easier way to resolve the quitters problem, and I never quit a match if nobody else quits (also when I’m losing) I just play as best as I can! (I quit only if my team is something like 3 vs 8…)

> 2533274946634226;17:
> > 2640503352964730;13:
> > I don’t know if it even needs a timer for slayer games. Maybe just for objective based games it would need a timer.I think once your down by x, lets just say 20 kills in a game to 50, you should just be able to press the start button and have “forfeit” as an option. It if click it then it would appear on your teammates screen giving them the option to accept or decline. if any of them decline then your team can’t forfeit.
>
>
> Well, based on my experience, 20 kill leads (prior to team in lead reaching at least 40) are not guaranteed victories by any stretch of the imagination. Amount of time remaining is your most improtant variable here. If there is half a game-clock that’s yet to expire, and you’re losing 35-5, the forfeit vote feature is a no-brainer, excellent addition.
>
> If you just have a teammate in the bathroom, and another replacing batteries as a match begins, you can fall behind 20-0 in less than a couple minutes pretty easy. However, that lead is in no way insurmountable either. In truly, working, functional ranked Halo playlists - Games rush out to big leads all the time and often the teams who had that lead aren’t who wins the match.
>
> it’s a good idea, but the clock is extremely important, IMO.

well that’s true about batteries ECT… But you don’t have to quit just because your behind by 20. The idea is that you could if the whole team agrees. If Johnny can get off the toilet and get back in the game and you guys think you can win, go for it! Because I agree you can overcome a 20 point trail and that’s the most satisfying kind of win!

but then there are those matches where after a 20 point trail the other team has both snipers and the rockets just spawn trapping you. That’s when you wish you had a forfeit button!

of course the number 20 isn’t set in stone, it’s debatable! If you can take the clock outta the equation then the idea is just that much more simple

> 2533274892367695;18:
> > 2640503352964730;16:
> > > 2533274892367695;14:
> > > I hate quitters so much, if they add some option like this they must reintroduce join in progress (before half of the mach is done)
> >
> >
> > quitters are always going to quit! We both hate that! This idea can’t stop them but here is what it can do.
> > 1) it can help players from playing boring matches where they just get spanked or do the spanking
> > 2) it can help better teams rank up a little faster by giving a small boost for a submission.
> > 3) stop matches like CTF multi-flag where one team Is better and after getting ahead reverts to just slaying the opposite team just to boost stats.
> > 4) help protect your stats if your teammates quit out
>
>
> mmh… well, I didn’t mean it is a bad idea, I think JIP is an easier way to resolve the quitters problem, and I never quit a match if nobody else quits (also when I’m losing) I just play as best as I can! (I quit only if my team is something like 3 vs 8…)

No. JIP solves one thing IF a team loses less than all of it’s players due to quitting/betrayal boot/disconnect/whatever. It does ONE THING and ONE THING ONLY. It keeps player numbers even throughout a match.

Does this improve the quality, and competitive nature of MOST the matches JIP is called upon and used? Hell no it doesn’t. It just keeps you lone wolfing the ever living truck out of the online servers, without you ever having to realize a moment of near consciousness while your thumbs clink and clank away mindlessly.

All JIP can do is keep teams even from a number of players standpoint. THAT’S ALL IT CAN AND WILL EVER DO. By itself, it sacrifices overall MP match quality/experience in exchange for instant gratification (never a 100% defeated feeling). JIP could be useful if it were part of a bigger and more thoughtful system, but on it’s own it’s styoopid.