Forerunners VS Precursors

In the novel Cryptum, It’s said by the last Precursor the Forerunnners destroyed the Precursors.
With this is mind, I was wondering if there is any information on how that came to be considering that the Precursors were more technologically advanced than the Forerunnners.

a drunk moose

Just because they were technical advance doesnt mean they know how to fight a war. Maybe they were lovers and not warriors? Look at the humans, while we werent as tech advance as the covenant, we still did some damage to them. Imagine if the humans were as advance, covvies wouldnt have had a chance.

A 10 year old wielding an AK-47 can be just as deadly as an adult wielding an Ak-47. A Forerunner holding a Precursor Death Ray would be just as deadly as a Precursor holding a Precursor Death Ray.

Its like asking how ancient humans were able to throw down against the forerunners whilst also killing the flood. The answer is we dont know yet.

Plenty of variables to consider.

The technological prowess of the other races?
Was there a plague that only affected Precursors?
Did one race d the killing or did they all unite?

> Its like asking how ancient humans were able to throw down against the forerunners whilst also killing the flood. The answer is we dont know yet.

Pretty sure it said Ancient Humans rivaled the Forerunners. They were on the same Tier.

Also think of it like Terminator. We created something that is better than ourselves. It destroys us.

> In the novel Cryptum, It’s said by the last Precursor the Forerunnners destroyed the Precursors.
> With this is mind, I was wondering if there is any information on how that came to be considering that the Precursors were more technologically advanced than the Forerunnners.
>
> a drunk moose

The precursor nourished the forerunners to life and helped them onto their own feet. It would not be surprising to find that the forerunners knew all their tech and more.

On that note, it is not for sure that they are entirely defeated. They know how to travel between galaxies, after all.

Also they had their sweet revenge trough the flood, and some might say it is the forerunner that lost the war, not the precursor.

I personally think they’re bringing both back to breathe some life into the series.

> It would not be surprising to find that the forerunners knew all their tech and more.

They knew up to teir 1 which they could not travel through galaxies (yet could make portals) or advance species

> On that note, it is not for sure that they are entirely defeated. They know how to travel between galaxies, after all.

The defeat I only assumed was from the words of the so called Last Precursor in Cyrptum

> I personally think they’re bringing both back to breathe some life into the series.

Yeah that unnamed ship bringing the Flood disease could of very well been from far away, still living Precursors. Which in my opinion did it for me as well haha, I’m so excited for the new novel at the start of next year then Halo 4 at the end of the year!!!

a drunk moose

How did the Flood nearly eradicate the Forerunners though the Forerunners defeated the humans?
And how did humans defeat the Flood but not the Forerunners?

I too want to know the story, but that its possible for the Olympians to overthrow the Titans is far from absurd.

> How did the Flood nearly eradicate the Forerunners though the Forerunners defeated the humans?
> And how did humans defeat the Flood but not the Forerunners?
>
> I too want to know the story, but that its possible for the Olympians to overthrow the Titans is far from absurd.

Ancient humans had the cure for the flood but refused to let the forerunners have it so they kept it secret or hidden. Forerunners have been trying to find it just like us.

> How did the Flood nearly eradicate the Forerunners though the Forerunners defeated the humans?
> And how did humans defeat the Flood but not the Forerunners?
>
> I too want to know the story, but that its possible for the Olympians to overthrow the Titans is far from absurd.

Well we know to an extent what happened with ancient humans and forerunners. Humans were pushed hard and almost lost the war with the flood. Thus the ancients were already blackened and bruized and werent at their fullest when the fight started. So right off the bat, forerunner had an advantage. Its not nearly the mystery forerunner/percursors war is.

Interesting.

> Its like asking how ancient humans were able to throw down against the forerunners whilst also killing the flood. The answer is we dont know yet.

Remember that the Humans and Forerunners are technically the same species; we don’t know much about the differences between the two factions, but I would believe that the conflict illuded to in Cryptum was in-fact not the first time these factions had face each other in War; given that Earth (Eran-Tyre) is located deep within Forerunner territory (Orion Spiral Arm) with the Human-San’Shyuun calling a different world home.

This would suggest that a) It has not been the first War, in-fact we know that Humans initially broke from the Forerunners as they did not like thier over-baring nature which from Cryptum has an outward appearance of Marxist-Democracy. So understable the Human (or rather Colonies would rebel) b) they were technologically on-par with each other.

It was noted that Humans technology was slightly lacking behind Forerunners, which would make sense if they retained the majority of the scientific community; but not so much so as to make them no real threat. Not to mention they also allied themselves with the San’Shyuum who were on-par with Humans technologically.

In this sense we could say this would be like the United States vs Korea + China; on thier own the asian counteries would fight hard but likely fight to a stalemate, where-as together it would be an extremely tought fight.

In-fact has the Flood outbreak never happened, the Humans would’ve probably continued to expand outwards instead of back towards home (which caused the war in the first place) with the self-righteous Forerunners very lucky this was the case because has the Humans been fighting only one front, the outcome would’ve likely been very different. That said we also wouldn’t have had the Halo games with that outcome because the Humans were stupid enough to believe thier technology could solve every problem.