Forerunners replacing Elites in MM?

Just a thought provoking thought, lol…

We all know that we’re going to be fighting a new enemy with multiple variants such as the Covenant or the Flood in Halo 4. Most of us (at least those of us who’ve read the books) believe that our new threat will be an army of Forerunners on a shield world. Halo 4’s new weapons will come from this new enemy, so it only makes sense that if any race other than Spartans would be playable in MM, it would be a class of Forerunner that would best match up against a Spartan.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Forerunner Invasion just occurred to me, lol…

Nah, I doubt it. New enemies would mean new weapons, abilities, skins, vehicles and so on, I think 343i want to take the game back to basics in a way, instead of flashing with lots of different models, weapons and vehicles, they have a lower number of things but instead make sure they work great ^^
Hence I doubt we’ll see Forerunners in MM unless it’s Firefight or similar gamemode, but the future Halos might very well contain such surprises…

maybe

> Just a thought provoking thought, lol…
>
> We all know that we’re going to be fighting a new enemy with multiple variants such as the Covenant or the Flood in Halo 4. Most of us (at least those of us who’ve read the books) believe that our new threat will be an army of Forerunners on a shield world. Halo 4’s new weapons will come from this new enemy, so it only makes sense that if any race other than Spartans would be playable in MM, it would be a class of Forerunner that would best match up against a Spartan.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> EDIT: Forerunner Invasion just occurred to me, lol…

Wh-what? What are you talking about?

Those of us who read the books should be the ones casting /doubt/ over the Forerunners being a primary enemy. If a /single Forerunner/ in their full armor and with their weaponry were present, Chief would likely end up dead. Forerunners aren’t some commonplace enemy that you fight.

It would be like fighting something with the armor of a Hunter equipped with a scarab gun. If there’s a single living Forerunner, and assuming you have to fight it, it would be a boss.

I doubt the majority of book readers think Forerunners are the new threat, even remotely so.

Man I hope they leave the Forerunners out of it… It’s just too obvious to have the creators of the Halo rings appear. In the original trilogy they were a mysterious near-omnipotent feature which left my imagination buzzing from thinking about what happened to them, actually bringing them back and slapping the label ENEMY on them is just cheap.

The Halo universe at the end of Halo 3 had enough going on it for a new storyline that didn’t have to unsettle the backstory and mystery of the original trilogy.

> > Just a thought provoking thought, lol…
> >
> > We all know that we’re going to be fighting a new enemy with multiple variants such as the Covenant or the Flood in Halo 4. Most of us (at least those of us who’ve read the books) believe that our new threat will be an army of Forerunners on a shield world. Halo 4’s new weapons will come from this new enemy, so it only makes sense that if any race other than Spartans would be playable in MM, it would be a class of Forerunner that would best match up against a Spartan.
> >
> > Just a thought.
> >
> > EDIT: Forerunner Invasion just occurred to me, lol…
>
> Wh-what? What are you talking about?
>
> Those of us who read the books should be the ones casting /doubt/ over the Forerunners being a primary enemy. If a /single Forerunner/ in their full armor and with their weaponry were present, Chief would likely end up dead. Forerunners aren’t some commonplace enemy that you fight.
>
> It would be like fighting something with the armor of a Hunter equipped with a scarab gun. If there’s a single living Forerunner, and assuming you have to fight it, it would be a boss.
>
> I doubt the majority of book readers think Forerunners are the new threat, even remotely so.

Rereading chapter 41 of Primordium tells me otherwise.

> Nah, I doubt it. New enemies would mean new weapons, abilities, skins, vehicles and so on, I think 343i want to take the game back to basics in a way, instead of flashing with lots of different models, weapons and vehicles, they have a lower number of things but instead make sure they work great ^^
> Hence I doubt we’ll see Forerunners in MM unless it’s Firefight or similar gamemode, but the future Halos might very well contain such surprises…

They already mentioned that they’re adding a new set of weapons and enemy types who utilize them.

Which means that is no longer a valid reason for doubt.

Do you really think we can fight Forerunners? We are 26th century humans, there is no way we can fight the Forerunners, it would be like trying to fight God.