Forerunners Exiles and the Forerunner Capital

At the closing days of the Flood-Forerunner War, we know that the Didact, specifically Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting, initiated the Halo Arrays from the Lesser Ark, Installation 00… decimating all life in the Milky Way Galaxy.

Upon the wake of the Installation’s destruction, the remaining Forerunners, reseeded all sentient life, and prosecuted the Contender-class Ancilla, 032 Mendicant Bias… who was found guilty, scattered into fragments and imprisoned beneath the sands of Installation 00, with only his own atonement to consolidate him… After performing their final tasks, the Forerunner decided to never interfere with the Milky Way Galaxy ever again… and went on a Great Journey… to which was to be a reflection of their sins to the Mantle. The specified location however was unknown and remains a mystery…

Known Forerunner Exiles are:

• The Iso-Didact, Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting.
  • The Lifeshaper, Chant-To-Green.

The location has been speculated by the Halo fanbase for a while… and a recurring factor is the Magellanic Clouds… And so upon this discovery, I did some research into what these might be… in short, they are satellite galaxies which orbit the Milky Way… two known clouds exist, a Greater and a Lesser… Path Kethona and Pax Kethona (Placeholder name) respectively.

Now this smaller galaxy… is of unknown characteristics so perhaps this location could be a possibility?

The Greater Magellanic Cloud, Path Kethona, was said to be the ‘origin’ of the Flood Legion, and also were they may have retreated too, during the Human-Forerunner War… it would seem more suitable as it already had, Forerunner inhabitants. Yet, it was also made into a hazardous environment due to Master Builder Faber pre-maturely firing Omega Halo , to test the effects on Precursor technology and local sentient life.

My theory is the Forerunners after reseeding and dealing with the traitorous ancilla, could have moved their Capital to Pax Kethona to live…

This theory comes from the fact that the Capital, is just way to large to be hidden… it has never been discovered by Covenant, or Human Empires? How could something that large… be hidden for so long? It was never destroyed by the Flood, just overrun… and so once the Installations fired, they would have destroyed the Flood presence upon the Capital allowing it to relocate and be re-colonized by the remaining Forerunner.

A few things here differ from what I believed was the case. I’m currently away from my copies of the books right now so can’t check myself, so I’m just gonna post them and if anyone could correct them with quotes/ links to proof if needs be that would be great =]

For anyone who hasn’t read the books…obvious spoilers ahead.

1. I was under the impression Mendicant was buried in one piece (aside from his splinter that resided in the Keyship that later would be kept within High Charity and used to open the Voi portal)?? I’m pretty sure that it describes him being brought down in a large ‘sarcophagus’ of sort from a ship, taken to where he was to be entombed, and his tomb built around him during his sentencing.

2. We know no names, but a handful (I forget numbers, if they were even stated) of life workers also survived with the Iso-Didact and the new Librarian.

3. The Forerunner chased the Precursors to Path Kethona to ‘finish the job’, but a few survived on ships and essentially floated around in Dark space or went elsewhere until they sent their ships back into the galaxy having become the flood. My basic point, the flood horde didn’t come from Path Kethona. It came from elsewhere.

4. I’m pretty sure the Forerunner capital was completely destroyed when attacked by MB & the flood? Therefore they couldn’t relocate it. on a separate note, not even the Covenant had explored all of the Milky Way. As big as the Capital was/is, space is bigger. If it wasn’t destroyed and wasn’t moved, it IS entirely plausible that simply nobody had found it yet. I mean the Prophets knew the Halos existed from MB, but they never actually found one until we literally stumbled across one and led them to it.

~ Duck.

I have a question? What book did you guys get this from? Thanks.

> 2533274932209965;3:
> I have a question? What book did you guys get this from? Thanks.

The Forerunner Saga, specifically Silentium.

> 2533274799621457;2:
> 4. I’m pretty sure the Forerunner capital was completely destroyed when attacked by MB & the flood? Therefore they couldn’t relocate it. on a separate note, not even the Covenant had explored all of the Milky Way. As big as the Capital was/is, space is bigger. If it wasn’t destroyed and wasn’t moved, it IS entirely plausible that simply nobody had found it yet. I mean the Prophets knew the Halos existed from MB, but they never actually found one until we literally stumbled across one and led them to it.

The wiki makes mention of some Forerunners that survived the battle, hidden deep within the Capital World, thus, surviving that Halo’s pulse.
Source: Halo: Silentium pg.18.

Holy Necro. But I highly doubt the foreigners are outside of the Galaxy. They just took refuge on the lesser Ark during the firing and probably relocated elsewhere such as one of the many shield worlds or the remnants of the capital. They had 100,000 years so they probably have a sizable population, but specifically kept it low/ stayed out of the Human-Covenant war.

I also do not understand why everyone believes Halo Follower and his stupid MB is the Giant War Sphinx in the first Teaser. 1. He was buried on the Lesser Ark, and 2. I highly doubt he was put into a war sphinx as it simply says he was buried in a “coffin”. You would not put your on of your greatest enemies inside a machine designed for war…

Lastly, I highly doubt they wen to any of the Magellanic clouds. The journey the Librarian took was both long, and took a lot of reconciliation with space time. After the Halo firings, I believe slipcase was still sufficiently ruptured to slow/stop much space travel over extended distances.

> 2533274808571422;5:
> Lastly, I highly doubt they wen to any of the Magellanic clouds. The journey the Librarian took was both long, and took a lot of reconciliation with space time. After the Halo firings, I believe slipcase was still sufficiently ruptured to slow/stop much space travel over extended distances.

Granted it’s been 100,000 years since the rings fired. I’m sure at some point after slipspace returned to a semi-normal state they could’ve made the journey.

They could have built a new Capital, in Path Kethona, which also acts as an observation station of the Milky Way Galaxy reseeding process.