Forerunners: Burrowing Snake/Worm AI (IDEA)

• _This thread is just an idea that i came up with. Just to let you know so your not clicking on this think that its real._There is something about creatures like chest burster, thresher maw, tremors and transformer that reveal themselves in a scary way. I think its the element of surprise but also the fact that they are very scary.

I would love to see a forerunner worm/snake like creature that would chase you but you couldn’t see it. Maybe glimpses of it on the ground where it coming towards you like tremors. I just think it would add some more depth to AI that isn’t just in the air or on the ground.

> Could you guys see a new forerunner type that is able to change form and burrow through the ground?

I don’t think it really fits into what players would recognize as forerunner.

> 2533274816257608;2:
> I don’t think it really fits into what players would recognize as forerunner.

Why not, i mean all it needs to look like is forerunner tech. They have giant guardians but you can imagine a forerunner than is on a smaller scale but burrows in the ground?

Why not?
Forerunner technology was too advanced, enough to build up a giant metalitc worm…come on, they built Guardians

> 2533274885566464;4:
> Why not?
> Forerunner technology was too advanced, enough to build up a giant metalitc worm…come on, they built Guardians

How is being able to hide from enemies in the ground not advanced tech. Do you know how hard it would be to make technology that can tunnel through hard rock without being damaged and track enemies. I think that is a great idea.

I mean look at the watchers they are pretty much butterflies that spawn enemies and catch grenades. Oh dont forget about the useless annoying crawlers that literally do what their called lol. So im sorry you dont like my idea.

> 2533274804406181;1:
> - This thread is just an idea that i came up with. Just to let you know so your not clicking on this think that its real.
> There is something about creatures like chest burster, thresher maw, tremors and transformer that reveal themselves in a scary way. I think its the element of surprise but also the fact that they are very scary.
>
> I would love to see a forerunner worm/snake like creature that would chase you but you couldn’t see it. Maybe glimpses of it on the ground where it coming towards you like tremors. I just think it would add some more depth to AI that isn’t just in the air or on the ground.
>
>
>
>
> > Could you guys see a new forerunner type that is able to change form and burrow through the ground?

While I do like the idea, and I can already imagine it being visually terrifying, I think it suits itself more to the “Flood” way of doing things. (Then again, so do Crawlers and Watchers) That being said, the idea of a worm in full chrome jumping into my chest is pretty magnificent.

Personally, if I were to revamp the Prometheans in any way, I’d try to capitalize on how destitute and lost they are - remnants of a destroyed civilization.

Crawlers would be replaced with Scavengers, beings stitched together with the left-overs of Promethean. They’d be small and clumsy, curious and intelligent. Their design would attempt to capitalize on the “cute” factor, whilst being made entirely of Promethean bits. They wouldn’t necessarily attack the player at first, but regard him with curiosity, perhaps even amusement. Being built from literal Promethean pieces, killing one would be advantageous for the player, as it would supply him with ammo/powerups or whatever, however, as soon as he does, they scatter and hide, possibly attracting the attention of a wandering Promethean Knight, or a Phantom full of Covenant. They’d be able to pick up weapons just like the player, and, depending on whether or not the player has attacked them, they may either attack the player or join his side. Idk though. Your idea is cool too.