forerunners are differrent on CEA terminals

hi everyone!
i’m new to the forum, but i’m a big fan of the series.
i’m kind of worried about how prometheans looks like. they seems to be a very small creatures using sphinxs, but books said that forerunners are most like human shape, they are tall and they mutate into bigger and stronger creatures if they become warriors, and then, they use a battle skin and a sphinx. that is how they appear on Halo Leyends, on Cortanas’ version of origins, and they look pretty much as they appear on Halo CEA terminals. how 343 changed them so much?

Check your spelling legends not leyends

These are Promethean AIs not Promethean class Forerunners.

Sir Shogo I agree it is difficult to understand at first. But it was imperative for the future successes of Halo 4 that Microsoft secure their Lego marketing deal by making enemies look like Bionicle! So that is why we live with this little hiccup, knowing full well and good that it is to Halo’s benefit. Thank you Frankie! As a reward he has put in a special surprise by making the littlest 4runner look like Floods for us.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

As someone has previously stated that are I. Fact ai’s…crawlers, watchers, promeatheans all non organic constructs…if you watched the e3 trailer how on earth did you not come to that conclusion,TURDBRAIN

> Sir Shogo I agree it is difficult to understand at first. But it was imperative for the future successes of Halo 4 that Microsoft secure their Lego marketing deal by making enemies look like Bionicle! So that is why we live with this little hiccup, knowing full well and good that it is to Halo’s benefit. Thank you Frankie! As a reward he has put in a special surprise by making the littlest 4runner look like Floods for us.

What?

Those are not prometheans,just AIs built by Forerunners.
-.-

The “Prometheans” we are fighting in Halo 4 are Forerunner machines, just like the Sentinels.

> The “Prometheans” we are fighting in Halo 4 are Forerunner machines, just like the Sentinels.

This. 343 just wanted to make the enemies more dynamic and creative.

> The “Prometheans” we are fighting in Halo 4 are Forerunner machines, just like the Sentinels.

I thought these AI’s were part of the ancient evil, I mean the Precursors… So, Prometheans are advanced Forerunner AI sentinels? Because the Knights seem to have an organic part as shown when they open their helmet and we see the skull-like shape.

> > The “Prometheans” we are fighting in Halo 4 are Forerunner machines, just like the Sentinels.
>
> I thought these AI’s were part of the ancient evil, I mean the Precursors… So, Prometheans are advanced Forerunner AI sentinels? Because the Knights seem to have an organic part as shown when they open their helmet and we see the skull-like shape.

That skull shape your seeing is most likely a projection created by the AI, meant to scare the crap out of their enemies. The forerunners did understand that intimidation is a powerful strategy in war when fighting a species that understands/feels fear. Probably wouldn’t be nearly as effective against the flood.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
>
>
> *Original post. Click at your own discretion.
> As someone has previously stated that are I. Fact ai’s…crawlers, watchers, promeatheans all non organic constructs…if you watched the e3 trailer how on earth did you not come to that conclusion,TURDBRAIN

That was uncalled for. Feel better about yourself, now?

OT: I don’t expect they’ll look like they did in Legends. I’m cool with that. I was underwhelmed when I saw it.

I… I’m not even going to make a proper response to this.

> > Sir Shogo I agree it is difficult to understand at first. But it was imperative for the future successes of Halo 4 that Microsoft secure their Lego marketing deal by making enemies look like Bionicle! So that is why we live with this little hiccup, knowing full well and good that it is to Halo’s benefit. Thank you Frankie! As a reward he has put in a special surprise by making the littlest 4runner look like Floods for us.
>
> What?

Hello IDKwhatName2Say how are you! I have got a hot fresh scoop for you so prepare your channels: behind the velvet curtain Franc Oakhonor (300inc president) has manoeuvred a spectacular marketing coup with the kind hearts at Lego (Bionicle’s manufacturer) to tie its fate closely behind Halo’s. Just when you start to see Halo 4th on a computer shelf, at the toy store Halo Bionicle sets will be lighting up the sky! So this is why Protean enemies have changed from how they look in the excellent FantasticFiction of HalosPast to the sights seen in the Halo4 trailers.

You’re welcome for this UNVERIFIED RUMOR.

Almost everyone in this thread is incorrect:

1. The new enemies in the E3 demo were NOT Prometheans - they were combat AI’s, used by Prometheans.

2. Prometheans are the best of Forerunner Warrior-Servant class - they are the commandos / special forces of the Forerunner military - they are humanoid (2 arms, 2 legs, a head) just like all other Forerunners - they are larger than most Forerunners (but not by much).

3. The Didact, whose symbol / glyph shows at the end of the E3 trailer and who says “I have waited a long time for this, reclaimer” (or something along those lines), is a Promethean. Technically, he is the leader of the Prometheans. He also used to be on the Forerunner council, making him one of the leaders of the Forerunners.

Does someone have an idea about the skull of the Promethean Knight inside his head/helmet? Is that a Forerunner head? It looks pretty human, except the nose area…

> Does someone have an idea about the skull of the Promethean Knight inside his head/helmet? Is that a Forerunner head? It looks pretty human, except the nose area…

Well, if I recall there was a strong genetic resemblance. But much like humans and chimps, that’s about it.

These Prometheans are different. A lot has changed in 100,000 years. The Promethean Knights you see in the E3 trailer may be classified as non-AI, non-organic. They may also host the consciousness of a fallen Promethean from the Forerunner-Flood war.

The Promethean knight, crawler and watcher are defensive AI’s to counter the flood.
There like the sentinels in other halo’s only more advanced.

> Check your spelling legends not leyends

what does it matter you know what he’s trying to say, why don’t you try and answer his question and be helpful.