Forerunner Weapons

Weapon List

Z-180 Close Combat Rifle (Scattershot)

A shotgun with ricocheting shot has terrifying killing potentian and that’s why the Z-180 Close Combat Rifle gained popularity in the latter part of the Forerunner war against the Flood.

Z-750 Special Application Sniper Rifle (Binary Rifle)

The Z-750 Special Application Sniper Rifle includes two core-mounted particle accelerators with unparalleled stopping power to bring down distant foes with one shot.

Note: Can you imagine this in Linda’s hands? Awesome.

Z-110 Directed Energy Pistol (Boltshot)

The Z-110 Directed Energy Pistol is designed as a close-range precision weapon that devastates organic matter. Historically, the Boltshot came into use at the end of the first century of conflict between the Forerunners and the Flood and remained in use until the was ended two centuries later.

Z-250 (Light Rifle)

The Z-250 is comparable to both the human DMR and Battle Rifle, allowing for burst fire when shot from the hip and precision targeting when scoped.

Anti-Materiel Z-390 High-Explosive Munitions Rifle (Incineration Cannon)

The Anti-Materiel Z-390 High-Explosive Munitions Rifle fires several streams of explosive particles along multiple paths that detonate and spread on impact. Mixing trais of a rocket launcher, shotgun and flame-thrower, it’s a highly destructive weapon.

Z-130 Suppressor (Suppressor)

The automatic fire of the Z-130 Suppressor made the weapon a favorite for Forerunner troops fighting against the Flood. The weapon fires bolts of charged Hardlight that pierce and destroy organic material of any type.

Z-040 Attenuation Field Generator (Pulse Grenade)

It’s hard to overstate the stategic potential of the Z-040 Attenuation Field Generator. The grenade creats an area effect that slows vehicles and damages both shields and health. The pulse grenade is ideal for clearing enemies from cover and can reshape the layout of a battle.

Source

Is the Binary Rifle a one hit kill(body shot)? I’m kind of curious what’s the difference if all do one hit head shots, but the Beam Rifle is faster but weaker and the UNSC’s the same as before.

I dont like the forerunner guns having model numbers. That brings them too far into the realm of the ordinary for me. Also, the damage they put out seems to be way too canonically weak seeing as a BR can go up against a damn forerunner lightrifle, but given the strictures of a multiplayer sandbox im just going to have to deal with this.

One thing i dont know if anyones mentioned is the purpose of these weapons and by extension the Prometheans themselves. The first time i saw the scattershot turn someone to cinders, i thought of the line an elite said in the flood infested gas mine in halo 2:

“We should have brought weapons to burn these bodies”

Thats what forerunner weapons do, burn bodies. Also “incinerator cannon” etc. My conclusion is that the Prometheans were indeed specially designed to fight the flood, as a mechanical fighting force that could not be assimilated, whilst also having the ability to incinerate fallen enemies so they do not get back up. I wonder if actual warrior-servant consciousnesses are implanted in these war machines too, given the orange skull and what appeared to be significant anger towards a human. Perhaps a warrior who was killed during the human-forerunner war and resurrected as a machine on Requiem. Perhaps via the Composer?

Also, im a bit disappointed that we havent seen this. I suppose the boltshot is pretty similar, but it doesnt have the energy blade thing in the front. I suppose it shall remain the unidentified forerunner weapon.

If it makes you feel any better, the model numbers will have been designated by ONI after finding the technology either within Onyx or on Requiem, not by the Forerunners themselves.

> If it makes you feel any better, the model numbers will have been designated by ONI after finding the technology either within Onyx or on Requiem, not by the Forerunners themselves.

Ah yes, just like the covie weapon number designations. That does make me feel better thanks.

And no sign of the Sentinel Beam :c

> I dont like the forerunner guns having model numbers. That brings them too far into the realm of the ordinary for me.

Those are human designations, not the Forerunner names themselves.

> Also, the damage they put out seems to be way too canonically weak seeing as a BR can go up against a damn forerunner lightrifle, but given the strictures of a multiplayer sandbox im just going to have to deal with this.

Gameplay mechanics are not accurate representations of weapon strengths. Don’t worry about it.

> One thing i dont know if anyones mentioned is the purpose of these weapons and by extension the Prometheans themselves. The first time i saw the scattershot turn someone to cinders, i thought of the line an elite said in the flood infested gas mine in halo 2:
>
> “We should have brought weapons to burn these bodies”
>
> Thats what forerunner weapons do, burn bodies. Also “incinerator cannon” etc. My conclusion is that the Prometheans were indeed specially designed to fight the flood, as a mechanical fighting force that could not be assimilated, whilst also having the ability to incinerate fallen enemies so they do not get back up.

Well Faber did say he would send the Didact to where he would be most usefull. Fighting the Flood seems as likely a job as any. The Prometheans would obviously been with him.

> I wonder if actual warrior-servant consciousnesses are implanted in these war machines too, given the orange skull and what appeared to be significant anger towards a human. Perhaps a warrior who was killed during the human-forerunner war and resurrected as a machine on Requiem. Perhaps via the Composer?

Given the inclusion of the composer I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the case.

> Also, im a bit disappointed that we havent seen this. I suppose the boltshot is pretty similar, but it doesnt have the energy blade thing in the front. I suppose it shall remain the unidentified forerunner weapon.

it would be cool to see this. It would have to be a power weapon of course.

> > I dont like the forerunner guns having model numbers. That brings them too far into the realm of the ordinary for me.
>
> Those are human designations, not the Forerunner names themselves.
>
>
>
> > Also, the damage they put out seems to be way too canonically weak seeing as a BR can go up against a damn forerunner lightrifle, but given the strictures of a multiplayer sandbox im just going to have to deal with this.
>
> Gameplay mechanics are not accurate representations of weapon strengths. Don’t worry about it.
>
>
>
> > One thing i dont know if anyones mentioned is the purpose of these weapons and by extension the Prometheans themselves. The first time i saw the scattershot turn someone to cinders, i thought of the line an elite said in the flood infested gas mine in halo 2:
> >
> > “We should have brought weapons to burn these bodies”
> >
> > Thats what forerunner weapons do, burn bodies. Also “incinerator cannon” etc. My conclusion is that the Prometheans were indeed specially designed to fight the flood, as a mechanical fighting force that could not be assimilated, whilst also having the ability to incinerate fallen enemies so they do not get back up.
>
> Well Faber did say he would send the Didact to where he would be most usefull. Fighting the Flood seems as likely a job as any. The Prometheans would obviously been with him.
>
>
>
> > I wonder if actual warrior-servant consciousnesses are implanted in these war machines too, given the orange skull and what appeared to be significant anger towards a human. Perhaps a warrior who was killed during the human-forerunner war and resurrected as a machine on Requiem. Perhaps via the Composer?
>
> Given the inclusion of the composer I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the case.
>
>
>
> > Also, im a bit disappointed that we havent seen this. I suppose the boltshot is pretty similar, but it doesnt have the energy blade thing in the front. I suppose it shall remain the unidentified forerunner weapon.
>
> it would be cool to see this. It would have to be a power weapon of course.

I really hope to see some specs on how they work and the damage they deal.

Best bet for accurate stats or a point of reference is in a novel. Hopefully we’ll see some direct Forerunner action in Silentium, but I doubt it, it’s not Bear’s style. Maybe Traviss’ last book will have a demonstration of forerunner weaponry, but the problem with that is she doesn’t know her -Yoink- from her elbow when it comes to Halo so she could very well turn Forerunner weapons into glorified spud guns purely because she refuses to read up on what she writes about, which is a limited way to go about writing for an established universe.

> Best bet for accurate stats or a point of reference is in a novel. Hopefully we’ll see some direct Forerunner action in Silentium, but I doubt it, it’s not Bear’s style. Maybe Traviss’ last book will have a demonstration of forerunner weaponry, but the problem with that is she doesn’t know her -Yoink!- from her elbow when it comes to Halo so she could very well turn Forerunner weapons into glorified spud guns purely because she refuses to read up on what she writes about, which is a limited way to go about writing for an established universe.

“and thus it wasnt teamwork a halo ring nor Amplified Forerunner technology that saved the Universe from the Flood outbreak. It was that child on earth and his potato gun.”

Where is the Sentinel Beam when you need it?

The Forerunner weapons seem pretty accurate power wise, they arent the Forerunners normal weaponry or arsenal in general, these weapons were created specifically to combat the Flood and incinerate their bodies to destroy the infestation. However they were likely issued, created, to late in the war against the Flood to be completely effective at stopping the Flood’s charge and infestation on so many worlds, many lives were indeed lost trying to regain ground against the Flood.

They are energy weapons, so against a Spartan’s armor and energy shielding they would be seemingly weaker than if they were used against simple Organic foes. The Binary Rifle can incinerate even a fully shielded Spartan in one shot anywhere, the Light Rifle can incinerate a enemy in a mere 3 shots if wielded correctly, and the Scattershot can incinerate a energy shielded opponent in one or two shots in close quarter encounters, and the list goes on. I dont see how anyone can feel these weapons are weak, the weakest of them can destroy any foe in just a few shots, so weak isnt a word I would use to describe these weapons.

When compared to the Covenant weapon arsenal they look extremely samey, though that could also be said for UNSC weaponry.

They certainly don’t look very iconic to me in the same way that the Pistol, BR, Plasma Rifle or Energy Sword are (or AR, Rocket Launcher, Needler etc etc etc).