Forerunner War Sphinx?

Just watched the ‘Halo’ reveal and the object that came out of the ground looked remarkably similar to how I imagined a War Sphinx from the Forerunner saga, a bit bigger though.

Return of the Forerunners?

Technically War Sphinxes were outdated, even by the time of the Flood War. It could be the newer sleeker “Seekers” although War Sphinx sounds way cooler.

Hopefully, but Infinity is boned. It has Orange Lights so that shows us the Ur-Didact survived (even though we knew this it reaffirms our that)

It is also likely that this is simply an empty War Sphinx or a Seeker. Only lightening up at his presence. I’m thinking that was one of the Librarian’s gift.

Too big to be a War Sphinx.

My guess is that the Chief is on the remains of the Ark (as it wasn’t entirely destroyed), and the machine is Mendicant Bias.

> Hopefully, but Infinity is boned. It has Orange Lights so that shows us the Ur-Didact survived (even though we knew this it reaffirms our that)

Ok not every single thing orange means it is Didact related so we can drop that crazy train.

It has a face which means it is a war sphinx which is interesting as they were pretty much dropped for the seekers and are outdated. So I don’t expect this to be a large forerunner center of operation. The setting looks pretty stable though the stars for some reason made me think it was the ark? unlikely but a thought that is going through my head.

Somebody needs to get a better look at the Dog tag so we have a better idea of what is going on. For all we know this is game is a bridge into halo 5 and halsey may have been killed.

> Too big to be a War Sphinx.
>
> My guess is that the Chief is on the remains of the Ark (as it wasn’t entirely destroyed), and the machine is Mendicant Bias.

Well, he was buried in a desert. Seems like it’s a little big to be him though.

Yeah too big. War sphinxes are like two Scorpion tanks length and one tall.

Is bornesteller in there…

> > Hopefully, but Infinity is boned. It has Orange Lights so that shows us the Ur-Didact survived (even though we knew this it reaffirms our that)
>
> Ok not every single thing orange means it is Didact related so we can drop that crazy train.
>
>
> It has a face which means it is a war sphinx which is interesting as they were pretty much dropped for the seekers and are outdated. So I don’t expect this to be a large forerunner center of operation. The setting looks pretty stable though the stars for some reason made me think it was the ark? unlikely but a thought that is going through my head.
>
>
> Somebody needs to get a better look at the Dog tag so we have a better idea of what is going on. For all we know this is game is a bridge into halo 5 and halsey may have been killed.

what dog tag? The thing in his hand was an AI chip probably Cortana’s.

>
> My guess is that the Chief is on the remains of the Ark (as it wasn’t entirely destroyed), and the machine is Mendicant Bias.

Ok so i am not the only one that thought of the ark if you look at 0:46 the spires look exactly like the ones you see on the ark. You can even see the effin foundry!!!

As for it being MB that would be an amazing tie in and he can finally redeem himself.

Is bornesteller in there…

> > Too big to be a War Sphinx.
> >
> > My guess is that the Chief is on the remains of the Ark (as it wasn’t entirely destroyed), and the machine is Mendicant Bias.
>
> Well, he was buried in a desert. Seems like it’s a little big to be him though.

A lot can happen in 100,000 years. Plus, Halo 3 hinted that there was more to the Ark than just a hub for the Halo Array.

Go to terminal 3

> Yeah too big. War sphinxes are like two Scorpion tanks length and one tall.

10 meters tall (about 32 ft.) and 20 meters (66 ft) long

> > > Hopefully, but Infinity is boned. It has Orange Lights so that shows us the Ur-Didact survived (even though we knew this it reaffirms our that)
> >
> > what dog tag? The thing in his hand was an AI chip probably Cortana’s.
>
> Ah ok.

> >
> > My guess is that the Chief is on the remains of the Ark (as it wasn’t entirely destroyed), and the machine is Mendicant Bias.
>
> Ok so i am not the only one that thought of the ark if you look at 0:46 the spires look exactly like the ones you see on the ark. You can even see the effin foundry!!!
>
>
> As for it being MB that would be an amazing tie in and he can finally redeem himself.

I’ve been waiting to hear what you think. Great minds think alike!

> > Yeah too big. War sphinxes are like two Scorpion tanks length and one tall.
>
> 10 meters tall (about 32 ft.) and 20 meters (66 ft) long

My issue is that MB’s tomb was ovoid and it didn’t have legs and “wings”. The size could be exaggerated for affect or this is a seeker or some other forerunner tool

>

this is exactly what i thought toa. u and i should be best friends

> Ok not every single thing orange means it is Didact related so we can drop that crazy train.

This.

> It has a face which means it is a war sphinx which is interesting as they were pretty much dropped for the seekers and are outdated. So I don’t expect this to be a large forerunner center of operation. <mark>The setting looks pretty stable though the stars for some reason made me think it was the ark?</mark> unlikely but a thought that is going through my head.

Yeah, I don’t remember how Seekers were described, and I pictured War Sphinxes as way smaller, but that’s the only thing that seems logical… I gotta go back to look at the description.

At around 42-50 seconds in (depending on which one you watch on youtube) it looks like there is a planet or moon in the background, so I don’t think it’s the Ark.

> Somebody needs to get a better look at the Dog tag so we have a better idea of what is going on. For all we know this is game is a bridge into halo 5 and halsey may have been killed.

It looked like Cortana’s chip to me. (I really do hope that it’s a bridge game IF it comes out early 2014, but I think they’ll be able to make a full game by the end of 2014 so I think that’s far more likely.

> > > Yeah too big. War sphinxes are like two Scorpion tanks length and one tall.
> >
> > 10 meters tall (about 32 ft.) and 20 meters (66 ft) long
>
> My issue is that MB’s tomb was ovoid and it didn’t have legs and “wings”. The size could be exaggerated for affect or this is a seeker or some other forerunner tool

I could believe a Seeker, but not War Sphinx. Aside from the size, I’ve alway imagined War Sphinxes to resemble, to some degree, a Sphinx. Plus, first think I though when I saw the machine was this.

> >
>
> this is exactly what i thought toa. u and i should be best friends

Done :slight_smile:

It is puzzling why they just called it “Halo” if it is Halo 5, though.